Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Of course Blizz is happy with MoP. Not like they're going to come out and say this is horrible don't play it...
    For me personally MoP was terrible, I didn't like the lore, I didn't like Panda's, this is just me. I hated that I could only get quests in Jade Forest at 85. I hated the fact that Panda's keep telling me to relax and enjoy life but go kill 55 of these toads for me cause I'm too busy enjoying life..Just really hated the feel of this expac, I wish I could return it but outside of that I unsubbed to show them my displeasure of this game. If next expac shows anything interesting I may come back but as it stands now..now way.
    I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species.

Deleted
    they should reimplement some features from classic like re add attunements to raids and dungeons, bring back the daily cap, bring back marks for bg's to get rep and most of all get rid of the bloody bots that infest pvp, and lastly remove all these bloody silences and cc its just rediculous i got stunlocked by a rogue today on my warrior and he's full malev i couldnt do nothing cos second wind is BS now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    It's Xanzul he doesn't actually read what he quotes before launching into a tirade, although I have to say you got off lightly there is no swearing and he hasn't insulted you.
    Lol good to know. I don't know individual members on here except for two that grind my gears each thread they post in.

But anyway, I still hold true to my theory that the issue of dailies would nearly be solved(I say nearly because noobs would prefer they just start exalted with each faction) if Blizzard added tabards to dungeons.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    i actually think mop is my fav expansion. I hit 60 about a week after TBC launched so a) its a long long time ago and b) whislt I really enjoyed those raids it was my first raiding experience.

Ive never had much of an issue with the dailies - though i think the place this is really an issue is when trying to add alts. Also, with raiding being my primary goal I couldnt care less about 5-mans: needing to run them for VP always annoyed me due to l2p issues more than anything else. I really like all the xtra things they have added. I havent touched pet battles and dont intend to but like my farm (and its much preferable to the traditional herb / ore farming): the key thing here is they have added content that works well and is optional.

i think the raids have been varied and well paced. I have a tendancy to get bored mid expansion but havent this time round.

main things i think is professions were a bit lacking - maybe just me but raid equivalent craftables havent been something i have done much of. i'd prefer a swing back to helping alts. i know they love us redoing content but its dull. i primarily use my alts for additional profs plus a change here and there. all in all the pros far outweigh the cons and lets face it we were all dubious when they announced the "kungfu panda" theme!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Seriously? Now grinding mobs will be mandatory? This just reinforces what we were all saying in 5.0, dailies are optional and you don't have to do them and just because it is in game you don't have to do it. Every single time Blizzard adds an OPTION it suddenly becomes mandatory even when players asked for said OPTION. Good grief just stop it already.

---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 06:54 PM ----------

The only thing that proves is people left the realm and not the game. Horde side on Proudmoore is completely dead now and it isn't because people quit the game it is because they all faction changed to Alliance because they have better progression. I can't imagine this isn't the case for many other realms.
    Still waiting on that source btw.

I think this expansion is great and I already miss it at the thought of coming of the new one. i think it's thebest expansion released so far and I was playing since TBC.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaveros View Post
    I never said add more instance content. I said tabards would be one(Not the only) of the best solutions to the dailies because the players don't like doing dailies but they need the rep. The issue is rep and how it's acquired. Currently dailies are the only way to gain any significant amount. If you can think of a better solution let me know but for now I hold to my statement that tabards are one of the best solutions to the issue of dailies.
    You do realize a major reason why dailies are a focus of Mop is because Blizzard wants players out in the world right? Tabards just simply aren't coming back because it encourages players to spend all their time locked away in instanced dungeons. Rather than complain about what you don't have why not suggest new methods of handling rep and getting players out in the world? The fact that most people who complain about rep and dailies never seem to want to suggest anything other than grinding 5 mans leads me to wonder if this was ever about fun and if it was always about the path of least resistance.

---------- Post added 2013-04-16 at 07:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    Yup, blizzard is happy that they keep losing subscribers i am sure of it.

This expansion did not draw people in, it alienated people instead, so yeah they are pretty happy that they lost subs, while they keep doing things nobody wants.
    And yet despite the supposed mass exodus over cross realm zones, LFR, dailies and rep that QQers were claiming was going to happen, Mop as of the last reported quarter was 400k above Cata's subscriptions at the end of that expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    However I no longer think that Blizzard are capable of learning from their mistakes and many of the blue posts are more concerned with defending their actions to unhappy players than taking on board their feedback..
    There's a difference between "defending their actions to unhappy players" and politely telling those players with stupid ideas that would ruin the game that they're stupid and there's a reason they don't design games for a living.

If they didn't learn from their mistakes they wouldn't have given us an expansion that is entirely different from Cataclysm from start to finish and they wouldn't have toned down the importance of dailies after 5.1.

You do realize a major reason why dailies are a focus of Mop is because Blizzard wants players out in the world right?
    I wonder, though. What players want to be back "out in the world"?

If "out in the world" is the scheme of dailies since MF, where you do 3 here in order to go do 4 there so that you can to 2 over there and finally do one here, I don't fucking want to be out in the world. I want to be by the AH mailbox waiting for a queue to pop.

Blizzard needs to make being out in the world not suck ass.

They do a great job of creating a pixel world but often they make it a shitty pixel world to live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaveros View Post
    Lol good to know. I don't know individual members on here except for two that grind my gears each thread they post in.

But anyway, I still hold true to my theory that the issue of dailies would nearly be solved(I say nearly because noobs would prefer they just start exalted with each faction) if Blizzard added tabards to dungeons.
    Except Blizzard has pretty much said rep tabards won't be making a return. Give it up already.

Except Blizzard has pretty much said rep tabards won't be making a return. Give it up already.
    I wouldn't bet my worst enemy's money that rep tabards won't be coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    I wonder, though. What players want to be back "out in the world"?

If "out in the world" is the scheme of dailies since MF, where you do 3 here in order to go do 4 there so that you can to 2 over there and finally do one here, I don't fucking want to be out in the world. I want to be by the AH mailbox waiting for a queue to pop.

Blizzard needs to make being out in the world not suck ass.

They do a great job of creating a pixel world but often they make it a shitty pixel world to live in.
    I like how you ignored the part where I said people should start coming up with ideas for new types of content in the open world instead of dailies.

I like how you ignored the part where I said people should start coming up with ideas for new types of content in the open world instead of dailies.
    I didn't ignore it. I didn't care about it.

I wouldn't bet my worst enemy's money that rep tabards won't be coming back.
    What makes you think Blizzard would bring them back? That would pretty much invalidate a majority of the work they have put into Mop content and their various efforts in getting players moving through the world again instead of being camped out in cities in a queue. So yet again if you don't like grinding dailies for rep why don't you suggest other methods that involve being out in the world? Blizzard is far far far more likely to listen to feedback when it takes their current design philosophy in mind. It is only when players refuse to compromise at all that Blizzard digs in their heels on these kinds of issues.

Id say they are very happy. It has been a great xpac. The over all player reaction has been very good.

I didn't ignore it. I didn't care about it.
    Right. Ok then. Clearly you people want a pity party instead of solutions. Have at it. I'm out.

What makes you think Blizzard would bring them back? That would pretty much invalidate a majority of the work they have put into Mop content and their various efforts in getting players moving through the world again instead of being camped out in cities in a queue. So yet again if you don't like grinding dailies for rep why don't you suggest other methods that involve being out in the world? Blizzard is far far far more likely to listen to feedback when it takes their current design philosophy in mind. It is only when players refuse to compromise at all that Blizzard digs in their heels on these kinds of issues.
    The time I spend "out in the world" in MoP on my max level toons is spent:

* Riding (not flying) through random trash mobs to a quest giver who is going to give me 2-6 quests that I need to finish to unlock 2-6 other quests that I need to unlock 2-6 ot ... okay nevermind
    * Killing mobs with excessive health, compared to the good old days, that is, the entire rest of WoW, where you were always killing mobs with 2/3 you health not 1.5x your health. Gosh it's FUN to do this on a character that doesn't have a DPS spec.
    * Did I die? Oh, cool, now it might be time to play a monochrome platforming game to see if I can get back to my corpse.

As far as dailies go the people at Blizzard are just clueless fucking idiots as to what is enjoyable and compelling and makes people not want to find another game to play.

And yet despite the supposed mass exodus over cross realm zones, LFR, dailies and rep that QQers were claiming was going to happen, Mop as of the last reported quarter was 400k above Cata's subscriptions at the end of that expansion.
    Not to be a doomsayer, but WoW jumped up passed 10 million and then 3 month later drops back down to 9.6 million. I fully expect the next call to be down to 9 million, maybe less. It takes a couple of months for the things that people hate to bring them to a breaking point. If MoP drops belows Cata's Subsciption numbers are we claiming MoP a failure ? I don't think so. Nor can we claim it success because for 6 months it matched or beat Cata's ending numbers.

As far as dailies go the people at Blizzard are just clueless fucking idiots as to what is enjoyable and compelling and makes people not want to find another game to play.
    I strongly disagree there. I couldn't have predicted that everyone and their mothers would have convinced themselves that the dailies were mandatory. I figured everyone would have been like me, I'll do them and then I'll stop when I'm bored with them. What Blizzard did learn is that if there is a shiny trinket at the end of the tunnel, everyone will claim it's mandatory that they clear the tunnel.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-04-16 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Not to be a doomsayer, but WoW jumped up passed 10 million and then 3 month later drops back down to 9.6 million. I fully expect the next call to be down to 9 million, maybe less. It takes a couple of months for the things that people hate to bring them to a breaking point. If MoP drops belows Cata's Subsciption numbers are we claiming MoP a failure ? I don't think so, do we can't claim it great success because for 6 months is matched or beat Cata's ending numbers.
    I don't think that MoP is going to wind up increasing WoW's subscription numbers. But I'm not sure that anything on Earth or in Heaven could do that. WoW is most likely as popular as any game of its genre could possibly be at this point in time and space.

I suspect that everyone at Blizzard expects subscription numbers for WoW to taper off significantly in the coming years. If WoW has 5 million subs 3-4 years from now, that would most likely be fine. What needs to happen, a few years down the road, is a "WoW 2" that allows WoW players to move over, maintaining some continuity with their existing characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Not to be a doomsayer, but WoW jumped up passed 10 million and then 3 month later drops back down to 9.6 million. I fully expect the next call to be down to 9 million, maybe less. It takes a couple of months for the things that people hate to bring them to a breaking point
    Alternately, those who really hate the expansion may tend to quit early, and the loss will slow after that. This was the pattern in Cataclysm, where the loss in Q1 2011 was twice that of Q2 2011. (The loss picked up again in Q3 when China got Cataclysm.)

WoW activity, as tracked by WCR, showed a big peak and decline after MoP came out. It then largely flattened out, maybe a very slight decline. In Cataclysm, the prolonged decline was stronger.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"