Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
LastLast
  1. #261
    Pit Lord velde046's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,451
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Hello.

    I think I've came to the conclusion that I'm not currently enjoying MoP. I like the continent of Pandaria and I think the raids are miles better than Catacylsm, but something is greatly putting me off. I know this has been said many times before, but I think it's the amount of factions introduced into Mists and the fact that these endless dailies reward Valour Points. I also think that there have been a lot of new features introduced, but all of them, in my mind at least, seem to be messy. I don't know exactly how to describe it. It's odd that I feel that there is actually too much stuff to do. I know it sounds stupid, but I actually can't put my finger on all of these things to generally describe the 'messy' aspect of MoP. I think this is mostly due to the fact that I took a break around the time Terrace was released and I came back just after 5.2 and I'm really bad at catching up.
    Funny thing same here.... I have enjoyed the game since Vanilla and had my moments of lost interest (or fatigue perhaps). But usually that would be near the end of an expansion. Now I am in the same position as you, I am not really enjoying the game but can't put my finger on why, not a specific reason. I think it's because of several things (for me at least):

    For long time I did not mind the dailies and did them diligently (including Shieldwall). Since the latest patch I cannot seem to bring myself around to doing those anymore, I feel fed up with them. I have logged in with the intention of doing them, but before I even picked up all the daily quests on Isle of Thunder, I'd release a sigh and realized I could not be bothered.

    One thing i that I don't like the way they changed mages this patch, I don't care about the loss of damage (at least not much), but the playstyle is boring now. This puts me off from raiding too, even though I recently joined a new raid group and we were doing OK on 25 man really. Last three weeks I only entered LFR on my alts for that reason. Haven't done any raiding for 3 weeks on my main.

    Alting is not much fun either. This used to be popular with me (normally I would have 8 classes at max level by now), but the daily and rep grind is just too much really. I'll admit that the rep grind has become much easier with the farm rep and the doubled rep XP, but still.... it's the daily routine all over again. And then still you need the VP... Which means you cannot alt comfortably on a casual basis either. If the rep rewards would only cost gold if your main character had already unlocked them or something.
    Besides that gearing is just too slow, it still can take several weeks because you have to go through the lower raid instances first for lots of times before you can move on to next. It's just too much. I have grinded the old raid tier on my main for weeks/months and having to do it for the same amount of time on my alts is just..... meh.

    Maybe there's too much to do and I cannot choose. I'm not sure, but the fact is that I am always wondering what to do. Until the release of MoP I never had that. It's quite contradictory in a way, There's so much to do, yet I cannot find interest in doing any of it at the moment, not even achievement hunting which was always a favorite pastime for me.

    Dunno what it is, I decided to play some different stuff for a bit and do less WoW (came a bit natural really). But I seem to be enjoying myself more at the moment playing SimCity or even Farmville 2 for that matter...

    I'll see how it pans out, but for me, I think it's the fact that I feel I have to do much more than in earlier expansions to experience it all and that it is more tedious to do it (especially if you like to play alts). I have a job already, don't need another one. And I do know that I don't need to do everything, and I don't. But I just feel that progression is lacking at them moment, it all feels to slow really...

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    Blizz is too busy snorting lines of coke of hookers' asses to care about whether 10 mil. people can forcefully delude themselves that logging in for 3 months at the time and doing the exact same tasks for no purpose is actually fun.

    Apparently they don't need to care, World of Crackcraft is keeping its junkies well hooked across millions of alts and pointless daily quests.
    Says the guy who has 287 posts in less than 2 years about a game that is apparently "Crackcraft."

    Seems you really like WotLK, when that was literally the same thing as what was released in WoW already for 4 years. Same types of quests, same types of dungeons (but tons easier), same types of raids (even the lolToC), same daily hubs that had already been done, that's what WotLK was.

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    I think they realized how much the playerbase HATES dailies. Beyond that, I'm certain they're quite impressed with this expansion thus far.
    I hate dailies too, specially Isle of Thunder PvP ones. They are too hard. There are allways too many blood elvs and I get killed by them.

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Says the guy who has 287 posts in less than 2 years about a game that is apparently "Crackcraft."

    Seems you really like WotLK, when that was literally the same thing as what was released in WoW already for 4 years. Same types of quests, same types of dungeons (but tons easier), same types of raids (even the lolToC), same daily hubs that had already been done, that's what WotLK was.
    What does my number of posts have to do with WoW's total number of players? What if this isn't my only account on MMOc cause I keep getting banned on all of them and using whichever one gets unbanned at a time? And once again, what does my number of posts have to do with WoW's total players?

    Wotlk was a strong step forward to try moving away from traditional WoW grind to more fun and good storytelling oriented gameplay, through things like easiness of dungeons and raids.

    Unfortunately they didn't keep that pace with Cataclysm and totally fell off the grid with fart fumes of crapdaria.

  5. #265
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    What does my number of posts have to do with WoW's total number of players? What if this isn't my only account on MMOc cause I keep getting banned on all of them and using whichever one gets unbanned at a time? And once again, what does my number of posts have to do with WoW's total players?

    Wotlk was a strong step forward to try moving away from traditional WoW grind to more fun and good storytelling oriented gameplay, through things like easiness of dungeons and raids.

    Unfortunately they didn't keep that pace with Cataclysm and totally fell off the grid with fart fumes of crapdaria.
    Eh?

    EH?

    EH?!?

    Wrath was just as grindy as Mop The only difference was the tabard system which we had in cata as well. Mop has valour items behind Reputation which you only earned via dailies. this was changed so you can earn rep via other means (thank god as I disliked it via dailies as a whole) Other than that the games the same.

    The story telling in this is of a better presentation than even wrath. Wrath set the standard and cata fell a bit flat I felt but mop has really done a good job of showing us the story. If you don't like the story that's a different matter and is entirely down to your personal taste. The dungeons are just as easy as wraths dungeons and heroics. Raids are just as easy as wrath raids and even EASIER due to LFR so your point is just a fallacy i'm afraid.

    You are right your posts has nothing to do with your views on the game or the player numbers. Not sure why anyone should comment on that. this site isnt just about wow.

    The only major grind Pandaria had was the dailie quests. Wraths grind was pretty brutal same as catas the only difference was you could max your rep out on all factions in one week. It was easy to do but you just had to do nothing but dungeons day in day out to do it. Mop tried gating it by placing dailies there so you could only do x amount of rep per day. Thats it. I didn't particularly like that gating it must be said.

  6. #266
    MoP is best expansion WoW ever had, so why Blizard wouldnt be happy with it?
    my PSN ID - Kobold_Rider

  7. #267
    Scarab Lord Conscious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Boston, MA.
    Posts
    4,957
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Maybe there's too much to do and I cannot choose. I'm not sure, but the fact is that I am always wondering what to do. .
    This seems to be a common theme with most complaints, there is either not enough to do, or too much to do.

    It's catering too hard to either side of the spectrum of players, and seems to lack the middle-ground we had in Wrath.
    Looking to refund your Warlords of Draenor purchase? Contact Support chat directly - here.

  8. #268
    During each expansion Blizzard always appears happy. They were so proud of the healing changes and heroic difficulty at the start of Cata even though millions of players unsubbed. In Mop, they've been so proud dailies even though tons of players keep telling them that dailies are boring.

    Most companies appear "happy" about their product, even if it isn't doing as well as they hope it would. My guess is that a couple of months into the next expansion, Blizzard will release one of those Q&As that reveals that dailies in Mop were a bust.

    Overall Mop is still 10 times better than Cata.

  9. #269
    No.... because they have failed to replicate the success of Burning Crusade!

  10. #270
    I think it is like this:

    In Cata people were quitting because of boredom. We could all progress to a level we were happy with in very little time. Then we'd stand around Stormwind/Orgrimmar doing nothing and eventually quit.

    So in MoP they decided to make it so that we never run out of things to do. I think they overdid it a bit and hopefully with the next expansion they will "split the difference."

    Also, I think people do need to realize that MoP is designed to have us not die of boredom after the final patch the way we did in Cata. Blizzard wants the time between Siege of Orgrimmar and WoW 6.0 to be worth staying subbed. This is when we'll finish leveling our alts. Go achievement hunting. Get our alts progressed. Try out any content we've skipped out on thus far (Pet Battles? Challenge modes? Brawlers?). MoP feels overwhelming still but I think that after Siege of Orgrimmar we'll start to feel better about it. Our mains will get topped off and we'll start catching up.

  11. #271
    Scarab Lord Conscious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Boston, MA.
    Posts
    4,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    MoP feels overwhelming still but I think that after Siege of Orgrimmar we'll start to feel better about it. Our mains will get topped off and we'll start catching up.
    The shitty part is, that's the end of the expansion.

    And player's shouldn't be feeling good about an expansion, when it's ending (Except if you played Cataclysm that is, lol). The entire thing should be good. All that points to, if it comes to that, is that they've truly no idea what direction they're going in right now.
    Looking to refund your Warlords of Draenor purchase? Contact Support chat directly - here.

  12. #272
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    11,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    This seems to be a common theme with most complaints, there is either not enough to do, or too much to do.
    People don't usually post to proclaim things are just right. Nonetheless those without enough to do will likely never have enough to do and those with too much to do could have worse MMO problems. Really better too much than too little. There will never be any amount of content that will hit the just-right mark for a lot of people.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  13. #273
    Scarab Lord Conscious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Boston, MA.
    Posts
    4,957
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    People don't usually post to proclaim things are just right. Nonetheless those without enough to do will likely never have enough to do and those with too much to do could have worse MMO problems. Really better too much than too little. There will never be any amount of content that will hit the just-right mark for a lot of people.
    On the back end of my post, I specified that they seem to be appealing to both spectrum's of player, rather than the median.

    However, I do agree but I don't, if that makes sense with the whole, 'it's better to have too much, than too little' thing. Mostly because you could very easily make a case for content such as dailies just being overwhelming for most, considering they're mostly frowned upon.
    Looking to refund your Warlords of Draenor purchase? Contact Support chat directly - here.

  14. #274
    The problem is not there is too much to do, but everything takes too much time for little reward.

    If

    Not running out of things to do = Grind 10 times instead of usual 3

    it's obviously bad

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 01:01 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Wrath was just as grindy as Mop The only difference was the tabard system which we had in cata as well. Mop has valour items behind Reputation which you only earned via dailies. this was changed so you can earn rep via other means (thank god as I disliked it via dailies as a whole) Other than that the games the same.
    It's not. Wrath had -

    Reputation rewards (for gold, not points), badges(lower one had no caps), and most importantly catchup heroics that offered you gear about 10man normal level of previous tier. I might add really easy raids too.

    Mop don't have rep rewards, valor is locked behind daily, justice points are useless, and LFR is not a catchup (because it's once a week and drop chance is hideously low).
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2013-04-19 at 04:02 AM.

  15. #275
    Stood in the Fire Sunnydruid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    358
    I feel like they are content with what they made, as with any designers..they are never really "Truely" happy

  16. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    This seems to be a common theme with most complaints, there is either not enough to do, or too much to do.

    It's catering too hard to either side of the spectrum of players, and seems to lack the middle-ground we had in Wrath.
    What middle ground? Where it was raid or die? Yeah that was great. Oh wait it wasn't.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 12:21 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by msmone123 View Post
    No.... because they have failed to replicate the success of Burning Crusade!
    Pretty sure Blizzard considers it a success that an 8 year old mmo has managed to hold onto 9 million subscribers. TBC wasn't the end all be all epitome of mmo gaming you people like to claim and lets not forget a majority of what has made Wow for "casuals" began during TBC such as dailies and badge gear.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 12:25 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    The shitty part is, that's the end of the expansion.

    And player's shouldn't be feeling good about an expansion, when it's ending (Except if you played Cataclysm that is, lol). The entire thing should be good. All that points to, if it comes to that, is that they've truly no idea what direction they're going in right now.
    Here is something that as of yet can't seem to penetrate your thick skull after all these years: what players do and don't enjoy about a particular game or expansion is subjective meaning your word isn't gospel despite you desperately scrambling to make it appear so.

    [This post was infracted for flaming.]
    Last edited by Rivelle; 2013-04-21 at 02:09 PM.

  17. #277
    MoP has been fantastic, cata was terrible. TBC was also really good. The only thing that might be bad for the game numbers was making 10s and 25s equal, remember I am saying game sub numbers, not the game itself.

    I use the star analogy on realms.

    I compare 25 man raiding guilds to a star(like the sun) when they disband(blow) everything around them dies. 25 man raiding guilds bring many raiders and there social friends to a realm, once these big communities die it's not just the raiders that end up quiting or moving to a high pop realm where 25 man guilds are thriving.

  18. #278
    Clearly Blizzard is happy with MOP as they have jizzed all over this expansion with nothing but a retarded amount of dailies. I guess that's what passes for content now.

  19. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    So monks, pvp power, transmog, challenge modes, LFR, scenarios, phased daily hubs, void storage, 5-ability talent system, bonus rolls, CRZ, cross-realm anything, account-wide mounts & pets, pet battles...that all existed in Wrath? I had no idea!!
    you forgot brawler's guild & all the epic new raids :]
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

    -Bob Marley

  20. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    MoP has been fantastic, cata was terrible. TBC was also really good. The only thing that might be bad for the game numbers was making 10s and 25s equal, remember I am saying game sub numbers, not the game itself.

    I use the star analogy on realms.

    I compare 25 man raiding guilds to a star(like the sun) when they disband(blow) everything around them dies. 25 man raiding guilds bring many raiders and there social friends to a realm, once these big communities die it's not just the raiders that end up quiting or moving to a high pop realm where 25 man guilds are thriving.
    Raiders are tiny minority. Even if every single raider (LFR doesn't count) quits tomorrow there loss will be negligible compared to non-raiders who make up absolute majority

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •