Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like they are content with what they made, as with any designers..they are never really "Truely" happy

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    This seems to be a common theme with most complaints, there is either not enough to do, or too much to do.

It's catering too hard to either side of the spectrum of players, and seems to lack the middle-ground we had in Wrath.
    What middle ground? Where it was raid or die? Yeah that was great. Oh wait it wasn't.

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 12:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by msmone123 View Post
    No.... because they have failed to replicate the success of Burning Crusade!
    Pretty sure Blizzard considers it a success that an 8 year old mmo has managed to hold onto 9 million subscribers. TBC wasn't the end all be all epitome of mmo gaming you people like to claim and lets not forget a majority of what has made Wow for "casuals" began during TBC such as dailies and badge gear.

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 12:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    The shitty part is, that's the end of the expansion.

And player's shouldn't be feeling good about an expansion, when it's ending (Except if you played Cataclysm that is, lol). The entire thing should be good. All that points to, if it comes to that, is that they've truly no idea what direction they're going in right now.
    Here is something that as of yet can't seem to penetrate your thick skull after all these years: what players do and don't enjoy about a particular game or expansion is subjective meaning your word isn't gospel despite you desperately scrambling to make it appear so.

[This post was infracted for flaming.]
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-04-21 at 02:09 PM.

MoP has been fantastic, cata was terrible. TBC was also really good. The only thing that might be bad for the game numbers was making 10s and 25s equal, remember I am saying game sub numbers, not the game itself.

I use the star analogy on realms.

I compare 25 man raiding guilds to a star(like the sun) when they disband(blow) everything around them dies. 25 man raiding guilds bring many raiders and there social friends to a realm, once these big communities die it's not just the raiders that end up quiting or moving to a high pop realm where 25 man guilds are thriving.

Clearly Blizzard is happy with MOP as they have jizzed all over this expansion with nothing but a retarded amount of dailies. I guess that's what passes for content now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    So monks, pvp power, transmog, challenge modes, LFR, scenarios, phased daily hubs, void storage, 5-ability talent system, bonus rolls, CRZ, cross-realm anything, account-wide mounts & pets, pet battles...that all existed in Wrath? I had no idea!!
    you forgot brawler's guild & all the epic new raids :]
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    MoP has been fantastic, cata was terrible. TBC was also really good. The only thing that might be bad for the game numbers was making 10s and 25s equal, remember I am saying game sub numbers, not the game itself.

I use the star analogy on realms.

I compare 25 man raiding guilds to a star(like the sun) when they disband(blow) everything around them dies. 25 man raiding guilds bring many raiders and there social friends to a realm, once these big communities die it's not just the raiders that end up quiting or moving to a high pop realm where 25 man guilds are thriving.
    Raiders are tiny minority. Even if every single raider (LFR doesn't count) quits tomorrow there loss will be negligible compared to non-raiders who make up absolute majority

even if they were unhappy with it they would never disclose that information with the general public

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    What middle ground? Where it was raid or die? Yeah that was great. Oh wait it wasn't.

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 12:21 AM ----------

Pretty sure Blizzard considers it a success that an 8 year old mmo has managed to hold onto 9 million subscribers. TBC wasn't the end all be all epitome of mmo gaming you people like to claim and lets not forget a majority of what has made Wow for "casuals" began during TBC such as dailies and badge gear.

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 12:25 AM ----------

Here is something that as of yet can't seem to penetrate your thick skull after all these years: what players do and don't enjoy about a particular game or expansion is subjective meaning your word isn't gospel despite you desperately scrambling to make it appear so.
    LOL this guys posts are always good for a laugh. Interestingly, he never tries to "penetrate the thick skulls" of the Pro Blizzard lobby.

[
    I think this is the first time I have seen someone call WotLK "raid or die".

Is it odd that I see the "raid or die" phrase to be more of something that would be said by players who take a game very seriously and not casual at all? It just like when someone says "it's just a game" and yet they have to do everything ASAP and not getting loot drops is the worst thing in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    I think this is the first time I have seen someone call WotLK "raid or die".

Is it odd that I see the "raid or die" phrase to be more of something that would be said by players who take a game very seriously and not casual at all? It just like when someone says "it's just a game" and yet they have to do everything ASAP and not getting loot drops is the worst thing in the world.
    What was their to do outside of raiding in Wotlk? As far as I can remember we only had pvp, raids, and dailies. Now we have all of that plus scenarios, pets battles, rated battlegrounds, monks, challenge modes, and Lfr.

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 02:30 AM ----------

Pvp has always been a mess tbh.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

10+ Year Old Account

Not responding to you until you start give me the citation for your earlier comments in the beginning of the thread, that was asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    What was their to do outside of raiding in Wotlk? As far as I can remember we only had pvp, raids, and dailies. Now we have all of that plus scenarios, pets battles, rated battlegrounds, monks, challenge modes, and Lfr.
    That then makes Classic and BC "raid or die" which means the first six years of the game was "raid or die". Moving into Cata, why was the complaints as if the game being "raid or die" was something new?

Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    LOL this guys posts are always good for a laugh. Interestingly, he never tries to "penetrate the thick skulls" of the Pro Blizzard lobby.
    I only see you ever bash someone who defends something they believe in, just because you dislike Blizzard.

That's kind of sad to be honest if that's your only purpose on the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmollster11 View Post
    The game is too predictable. Everything about the game was done 2 expacs ago. Just different looking now.

The #1 way to make the game fun is to include more randomness. Dailys are a pure and simple time filler.
    So Pet Battles, Brawler's Guild and Challenge Mode Dungeons had different looks in Wrath? Anyone still complaining about dailies this patch, obviously doesn't know how to earn VP outside of despite the other methods out there.

Not gonna broaden out to far on my views just keeping it to the class i play which is a mage this expansion has been extremely poor and frustrating having to spend thousands on gems/reforging and completely regearing because they cant use a PTR to balance a spec got old very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    The problem is not there is too much to do, but everything takes too much time for little reward.

If

Not running out of things to do = Grind 10 times instead of usual 3

it's obviously bad

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 01:01 PM ----------

It's not. Wrath had -

Reputation rewards (for gold, not points), badges(lower one had no caps), and most importantly catchup heroics that offered you gear about 10man normal level of previous tier. I might add really easy raids too.

Mop don't have rep rewards, valor is locked behind daily, justice points are useless, and LFR is not a catchup (because it's once a week and drop chance is hideously low).
    JP I agree are pretty much useless but I think you can use it to buy materials from a vendor? I can't remember that one though. I think its right! The VP rewards are tied to reputation which I thought was a pretty odd move but I think it was to try and gate player progress. So there are rep rewards they just require VP and reputation to aquire but you still grind them. The "catch up" heroics were around 4. One in TOTC and 3 in ICC. They came really late to the game (with their respective raids) Mop is at around the ulduar raid cycle in comparison.

The raids were easy until you did heroic version or hardmode etc. LFR is a great little tool. I still dont get why you disagree with my post since I was merely stating that both are just as grindy but in different ways. Mop you had to grind dailies (and to an extent still do) Wrath and cata you just did the dungeon grind (you would end up doing more dungeons than under mops system since it was the only way to get rep it was very easy though)

As it stands if you removed the daily grind/reputation system or at least changed it so you could do it via dailies or get the same amount of rep from dungeons or some other means then it would not have been nearly so bad. The rest of mop has been a blast though. Just finished the 5.1 quest line for domination and nearing the end of my 5.1 wrathion questline. Looking forward to the 5.2 stuff