Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Engineering and ?????

Hey all, just seeking some advice on what profession I should level with my new Engineering goblin, she's getting ready for the Sky Golem in 5.4!

Currently, I have these professions maxed on other characters, so I don't want them suggested:

- Mining
    - Blacksmithing
    - Jewelcrafting
    - Tailoring

And the ones I've been considering taking myself:

- Herbalism
    - Alchemy
    - Enchanting

So what are your suggestions for what I should pick up?
    Butts.

Of those choices, I'd go with enchanting. Should be pretty easy to farm up enchanting mats by making lower level stuff on your JC or tailor, or just by running through old dungeons. You get a pretty nice static int, agi, or strength bonus from the enchanter only ring enchants, and I think enchanting is one of the more profitable professions at the moment.

Leveling alchemy might be difficult without an herbalist, as you would be at the mercy of the prices and availability of lower level herbs on the AH. Also, you only get the stat bonus you get from being an alchemist while you are using a flask.

Herbalism might be the easiest to level of the choices you mentioned, and you might be able to make a good amount of gold from the herbs you pick. However, the haste bonus you get from the profession is not as powerful as the primary stat bonuses of other professions for most classes.
    Tishelle (Rogue) - Tisha (Mage) - Tishandra (DK) - Tisharia (Priest) - Tishanna (Warlock) - Tishie (Monk) - Tishette (Boosted Warrior )

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Herbalism and Enchanting are obviously going to be the 2 easiest to level up without requiring another profession to lean on. You don't have a leatherworker, but if that's something you might do in the future, skinning might not be a bad option. The crit bonus from it isn't all that great, but it's better than what you get from Herbalism.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go Alchemy. It's not an expensive profession to buy materials for, so even without a herbalist you should be able to level it easily.

If for some reason you don't want/can't buy the herbs just level herbalism first, and simply keep all the herbs you gather. Once at max level gather the rest of the mats you'd need to level alchemy (consult a guide for what you need) and then just drop Herbalism and level Alchemy. With a max level toon that can fly everywhere leveling herbalism should be easy.

alchemy would be best if you intent to raid allot.
    it gives you a stat bonus when using a flask and you can craft a mini flask that has infinite charges and also supplies the stat bonus.
    ontop of this it's easy to level. ( leveld my alt druids prof from my mains leftovers, he hit 600-.- to easy )

also you can level it easy with just taking herbing and dropping it for alchemy after you got all the mats.
    ontop of this. it's a good idea to make your own living steel for the 5.4 mount.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

10+ Year Old Account
    I strongly recommend enchanting. Not only it is a profitable self-sustaining profession, you'll be thankful when you replace a raiding item with an upgrade and get an extra Sha Crystal and Haunting Spirit out of it instead of just 30g.

Deleted
    I prefer going with Mining and Engineering, just so that I can supply my own ore and not have to pay idiotic prices on the AH. (plus without the need to swap to another char whenever I need a few more stacks of X ores.

From what you wish to level, I would say enchanting, so you can Disenchant the greens you make. (guns) Even if its only a few. Plus its a great money making proffession good for balancing out the usual expense Engineering can give.
    Last edited by mmoc1f981dfbda; 2013-07-01 at 11:59 PM.

Deleted
    alchemy as youll need tons of living steel for the golem. living steel is a safe moneymaker once your done with the golem.
    also its dirt cheap to level up. even if you level up herbaism before, youll be much faster leveling both up compared to farming all the cloth you need for enchanting. enchanting is a viable alternative if you plan doing lots of lfr and get into the tradeskillmaster thing.
    Last edited by mmocaba1459261; 2013-07-02 at 08:32 AM.