Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    have to agree with the guy 2 post above, from what you said really sounds like your other tank has some issues with her that go beyond her gaming skills

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...and there is always Ask Mr Robot to help optimize what you have....
    I would be very wary about using Mr Robot for tanking. Make sure you know what build you're going for and mr robot isn't trying to reforge you to something else.

IIRC he likes to tell DK's to stack stam at the cost of everything else (wrath bears say hi)

Okay a lot of stuff going on in this thread. First off, the other tank complaining is immensely different the the HEALERS complaining. Ask the healers how they feel, and tell the other tank to stop using overall damage taken as a measure of tank balance.

Secondly, there is no reason to get hit/exp caps outside of dps. hit/exp are worth less per point than avoidance when it comes to raw survival, but many DKs choose to do a mastery>hit/exp build for the dps and it's completely viable, however if survivability is the issue than start with a mastery>avoidance build and work from there.

Just by looking at the logs from the raid you posted i can conclude that she needs to play abit more reactive. Wich means to adapt deathstrike to dmg to increase healing and shields gained. By only spamming death strike as soon as you got runes for it will bring average heals around 48-51k, one thing to know about DK's is also that they are a reactive tank and WILL dip in HP quite often but can often mitigate dmg quite well after that.

A great addon to get if she is struggling with knowing when to use deathstrike with greatest benefit is Blood Shield Helper, healers need to take into account that dks need to take dmg to avoid dmg, we get most benefit out of taking big hits combined with well placed deathstrikes.

Deleted
    ok so im looking at the gear:
    looks like she changed from dps to tank, would be logical reason for using dps gear.
    - dps neck, could be changed
    - dps shoulders, 60str socket bonus is not worth to take
    - 120str socket bonus is not worth to take
    - gloves same
    - dps pants
    - dps boots
    - jikun trinket; really its shit. it looks okish, but normally you dont drop every 30-40sec under 35%hp in nhc, not even in hc on every boss. i tried it at council hc and it procced like 2 times in a 2min try. was like 80k, wich is for such an important item slot nothing. ie. the darkmoon trinket is very very good as a tank.

this is total 4-5 items that should be changed and some gems that should be changed, thats no reason for a tank dying.

so tanke a look at the logs. first of all, when do you use wich cds you learn by expirience. even if you have more than other tanks have, they are limited and you cant throw them. ie. constant dmg inc= chain cds and keep hard cds for unexpected things like healer dying/other tank dying, dmg spikes= use the right cd at the right time
    you cant blame anyone who is not familiar with tanking, as long as he is trying to improve.

jinrokh:
    dps of both tanks is same. yes, soulreaper should be used more, maybe hearthstrike too, but the most important thing as a tank is survive, then dps.
    dmg taken for the warrior by melee is ~4m, for the dk ~6m. death strike healing plus rune tap was about 1,4m.
    additional there is a 2,8m bloodshield. looks like she took way less dmg than the dk.
    if there are bigger difference in other fights, its most likely wrong cd management or tanking things that deal more dmg or just bad ds healing.

for comparing here a log from me tanking:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-rq...?s=5661&e=6145
    at jikun, i took 18m dmg by melee, our druid 5m. i did 4,3m ds/rune tap healing our druid arround 4,5m by lotp/fr. this is a difference of arround 13m this is huge. way more than the difference of your tanks.
    also there is a ~9,2m bloodshield. so the difference comes down to ~4m dmg, what is like 8,3k dtps. im not sure, but i think i was tanking the boss a bit longer, since i started. also i took much more dmg from the dot, but i think thats natural cuz druids dodge is so high.

tldr: you dk took way less dmg than your warrior, even if she wears dps gear. also you warrior has much better gear. so either warriors are worse than dks or she plays simply better

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not no sexist... but everytime... EVERYTIME... I read one of these threads about someone in the guild not playing properly, it's always a girl. Everytime I've been in a guild and it's that one bad player... it's a girl. Now I'm not saying girls suck at WoW... but there are girls who are in guilds or are only playing the game because they were introduced via boyfriend or family member. If it weren't for some outside force, they wouldn't be player... and it's typically those girls who don't play games but like WoW who are the bad ones. Tbh, if I had a guild, i'd just play it safe and say no girls in general. Like I said, I'm not a sexist... just past has shown me that girls can be worse at the game and in some situations, just not care and don't put forth the effort.

OT:

Unless she wants to figure her class out... nothing is going to change. You can bring the water to the horse but you can't force the horse to drink. That's what this situation is like... it's quite clear that something isn't right on her behalf and the fact that she says things like "I have no idea" just means she doesn't know her class well enough. Sit her out until she figures her class out and then bring her back.

User recieved an infraction for this post
    Last edited by Nangz; 2013-04-14 at 01:42 AM.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I'm not no sexist...
    Tbh, if I had a guild, i'd just play it safe and say no girls in general.
    Hey dog, that's sexism. Some of the best players in the world are girls, and some of the worst are dudes. The female population of wow is simply pretty small, so it can skew perspective. Either way, you're limited perspective simply does not reflect the female wow community at all, so please don't even try to suggest otherwise. I'm more than happy to jump in here and talk DK tanking, but if this is the direction that this thread is going then i'm out.

I'm not no sexist... but
    Yes, you are.
    Her gender/sex has nothing to do with her ability or inability to play her class and what you wrote is not constructive at all.

Back on topic:
    Have you spoken to the healers about it? Do they have troubles during certain fights or just in general?
    Are they the ones who expressed difficultly keeping her up or was it her/the other tank/someone else that said something?

SOME MANY QUESTIONS. sdjkghsdjkg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reniat View Post
    Hey dog, that's sexism. Some of the best players in the world are girls, and some of the worst are dudes. The female population of wow is simply pretty small, so it can skew perspective. Either way, you're limited perspective simply does not reflect the female wow community at all, so please don't even try to suggest otherwise. I'm more than happy to jump in here and talk DK tanking, but if this is the direction that this thread is going then i'm out.
    You're just another typical person who doesn't know the prime example of a sexist. A sexist is someone who projects hate towards the other gender... If you don't mind... could you go back and quote where I said all females suck and I hate them with the passion in my heart? If you could that would be great. If not, I think you're falsely accusing me which I take great offense to... you don't see me calling you a bigot, do you?

OT:
    Make her learn her class better, that's my only advice.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

...Sexism is prejudice/discrimination based on a person's sex.

Deleted
    You're just another typical person who doesn't know the prime example of a sexist. A sexist is someone who projects hate towards the other gender... If you don't mind... could you go back and quote where I said all females suck and I hate them with the passion in my heart? If you could that would be great. If not, I think you're falsely accusing me which I take great offense to... you don't see me calling you a bigot, do you?

OT:
    Make her learn her class better, that's my only advice.
    Well i'm sorry but i have to correct you m8.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Sexism is prejudice or discrimination based on a person's sex. Sexist attitudes may stem from traditional stereotypes of gender roles, and may include the belief that a person of one sex is intrinsically superior to a person of the other.
    So yes you are a Sexist and to add to that an Elitist. Since you didn't add anything but L2P and its a girl...

On-topic:
    I just wanted to say thanks for the basic info on DK tanking, just dinged my Alt DK and was gonna make it a Blood Dk.

warrior just wants all the plate drops.. as simple as that.

This conversation about the death knight's gender ends now. Back on topic.
    Last edited by Nangz; 2013-04-14 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetFortress View Post
    Yes, you are.

Have you spoken to the healers about it? Do they have troubles during certain fights or just in general?
    Are they the ones who expressed difficultly keeping her up or was it her/the other tank/someone else that said something?

SOME MANY QUESTIONS. sdjkghsdjkg
    Definatly speak to the healers about it. I mean UNLESS the tank was talked to from the healers about how the other tank is taking more damage, then what he says is really not that important. He isn't healing them, and if he is paying that much attention to what she is doing then more then likely he could be doing a lot better then he is.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperionx View Post
    Increase healing done doesn't translate into higher blood shields.
    Except that it does in case of SoB....

---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 01:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...and there is always Ask Mr Robot to help optimize what you have....
    ...and then you'd have to input values manually because their base settings still suck....