Thread: Blink Strikes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    yep. but is there some hiddin cooldown or someting? because when i was testing it on dummys it would only teleport the first time i went to combat.
    Well he is only going to teleport after a basic attack is used; ie: Bite, Claw, and Smack. Which cost focus and have CD's.

---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 04:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Anybody have Simcraft or something for this?
    Also I was wondering how this interacts with Fervor for all Specs.
    I do not have any current sims but expect them to arrive shortly. As for fervor, it will also replenish your pets focus creating basic attacks and teleportation to trigger.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    given an average claw every 4.2sec (4.17 optimal + stampede) and an average of 18.5k per claw in t14H SV we have:
    - 4.76 claws every 20 sec (old blink strike CD)
    - 9.25k bonus damage per claw

which is 44k average damage every 20 sec, plus one GCD to shoot whatever we want

i'm not going to do hard math but compared to Blink Strike:
    - it won't be good for SV/MM, so AmoC will still win
    - should work enough well for BM (more for the gap closer than the little DPS comparison itself)

brace yourselves, AmoC is staying

Activating PTR changes in FD and taking BS over Crows was a loss of only 20 dps. In return, I gain more gcds, less focus management, and not worrying about a CD at odd times. Sounds like a pretty good trade, and barring nerfs, it will only improve with gear.

I gain slight dps on FD with PTr changes activated with the swap, I'll definitely do it on most fights.

Deleted
    yep. but is there some hiddin cooldown or someting? because when i was testing it on dummys it would only teleport the first time i went to combat.
    It blinks on the pull by default and when a target is more than 30 yards away (up to 100 yards).

If it's within 30 yards of the target it will run and hit it from range, till it has caught up with the enemy.

At least that's how I think it works, haven't been able to test much on PTR.

---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 04:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    given an average claw every 4.2sec (4.17 optimal + stampede) and an average of 18.5k per claw in t14H SV we have:
    - 4.76 claws every 20 sec (old blink strike CD)
    - 9.25k bonus damage per claw

which is 44k average damage every 20 sec, plus one GCD to shoot whatever we want

i'm not going to do hard math but compared to Blink Strike:
    - it won't be good for SV/MM, so AmoC will still win
    - should work enough well for BM (more for the gap closer than the little DPS comparison itself)

brace yourselves, AmoC is staying
    Blink strike will indirectly result in better pet control and therefor having your pet have less idle moments and do more dmg in general through uptime. Add the extra damage on top and I personally believe it will be better for all hunter specs than the current options that are available.
    Last edited by mmoc19ee780deb; 2013-04-14 at 04:17 AM.

FD.com sims Blink higher than MoC for me (as BM, in my current gear). I am very ok with this.

It's passive nature makes it very attractive to me.

As long as it isn't a HUGE difference in dps, i'd be ok with a small dps loss for the convenience. You also get just about 100% uptime on your pet's dps with target swapping fights, never having to worry about your pet having to actually run there and also saving focus from casting dash/charge since blink would be better.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Getting some pretty nasty high focus Bites with this talent.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    It blinks on the pull by default and when a target is more than 30 yards away (up to 100 yards).

If it's within 30 yards of the target it will run and hit it from range, till it has caught up with the enemy.

At least that's how I think it works, haven't been able to test much on PTR.

---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 04:17 AM ----------

test it out a bit more and looks indeed <30y is walking >30 <100 is blibking:P

If Blink Strikes is simming close to AMoC on FD it will probably be a DPS increase in a real scenario since FD is modelling a stationary single target fight.
    Focus cost and GCD cost should already be taken into account, but the increase in pet uptime should be massive on fights that involve movement and target switching.

Also I feel like a scumbag leaving my pet on H Horridon or H Will, when there are much higher priority adds to deal with. With the new Blink Strikes I can just leave my pet on assist and have it contribute to DPS on adds without worrying about poor uptime.

I'm really hoping it turns out good enough to use on add fights at least.

edit: if it's true that it only blinks if the target is between 30 and 100 yards then that will drastically limit it's usefulness imo. 10-15 yards would be perfect imo.
    Last edited by mediic; 2013-04-14 at 03:51 PM.

Anyone simmed the new blink strike for MM?

Tbh, even if its worse DPS than AMOC and LR I'll be taking it. One less CD to manage and less action bar clutter.

Can image it'll be quite handy for fast target switching in PvP too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    If it's even pretty close to AMoC, I'm likely going to use it for SV as well as BM. I rather dislike how Crows lines up/doesn't line up with other cooldowns, and one less button to push is a good thing.

I have a feeling the damage output will be tweaked, though. Might be dropped somewhat for BM and buffed up for MM/SV. The devs tend to like the passive talents being a little worse than the ones that need added button presses, and also tend to like roughly equivalent balance across the specs.
    Actually Crows lines up really well with Dire Beast and Fervor. Especially in the opener, and with Second Readiness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

test it out a bit more and looks indeed <30y is walking >30 <100 is blibking:P
    From my tests on target dummy pet used blink every time he's not in melee and <30y.
    And btw when tested I saw weird things with new blink strike - pet used it on random targets that you attacked instead of your main. More about it here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post20817570

Quote Originally Posted by mediic View Post
    If Blink Strikes is simming close to AMoC on FD it will probably be a DPS increase in a real scenario since FD is modelling a stationary single target fight.
    Focus cost and GCD cost should already be taken into account, but the increase in pet uptime should be massive on fights that involve movement and target switching.

Also I feel like a scumbag leaving my pet on H Horridon or H Will, when there are much higher priority adds to deal with. With the new Blink Strikes I can just leave my pet on assist and have it contribute to DPS on adds without worrying about poor uptime.

I'm really hoping it turns out good enough to use on add fights at least.

edit: if it's true that it only blinks if the target is between 30 and 100 yards then that will drastically limit it's usefulness imo. 10-15 yards would be perfect imo.
    You should be using a Tallstrider for H Horridon... that AoE sunder is just to much to give up no the adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    You should be using a Tallstrider for H Horridon... that AoE sunder is just to much to give up no the adds.
    10man. Need wolf for crit buff for our Horridon comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    Actually Crows lines up really well with Dire Beast and Fervor. Especially in the opener, and with Second Readiness.
    Sorry, I could have detailed this a bit better.

I dislike how it lines up/interacts with Readiness after the initial opening. If you don't have two targets to put it on after doing a Readiness (i.e., need to wait 30 seconds for it to expire), it'll be a bit wonky on timing versus Fervor/etc. Sometimes it'll line back up if you end up delaying Fervor by a few seconds each time, but in general it feels really, really awkward to me until I hit the second Readiness.

Sims are great, but if there are multiple "close" options, the one that has the least chance for user error will likely up superior in practice.

Crows is great DPS, but not only does it have a humongous chance for user error, there are many fight mechanics that it just doesn't play nicely with, causing it to be delayed which throws it's net gain off from what a sim will indicate.

BS, on the other hand, appears to be a hard counter to many mechanical issues that hinder our DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    Sorry, I could have detailed this a bit better.

I dislike how it lines up/interacts with Readiness after the initial opening. If you don't have two targets to put it on after doing a Readiness (i.e., need to wait 30 seconds for it to expire), it'll be a bit wonky on timing versus Fervor/etc. Sometimes it'll line back up if you end up delaying Fervor by a few seconds each time, but in general it feels really, really awkward to me until I hit the second Readiness.
    Doesn't applying AMoC to a new target remove it from the old target?

Quote Originally Posted by Letheanlol View Post
    Doesn't applying AMoC to a new target remove it from the old target?
    No. Reapplying it to a target that already has it is a waste, but putting it on a separate target at the same time works just fine.

Conceptually, AMoC will still be better for:
    -burst
    -fights with intermissions in them like Lei Shen where downtime effectively cuts down the cooldown on it.
    -fights where you have narrow windows of access to bosses (maybe if you're looking to throw up something quick on JiKun before you go to a nest)

To be honest though, I'd be really surprised if Blink Strike makes it out of PTR in its current form. It's just really good right now and I think most every hunter will end up taking it.