10+ Year Old Account

Instant Adventure Question

I'm not really understanding how random IA works. For some reason every single time I choose random I get put into Wayward Thicket and get scaled down to 14. Is there something you have to do to make it start letting you into the others. I'm level 30 btw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveyai View Post
    I'm not really understanding how random IA works. For some reason every single time I choose random I get put into Wayward Thicket and get scaled down to 14. Is there something you have to do to make it start letting you into the others. I'm level 30 btw.
    I'm pretty sure you can't choose specific IA's until level 50+ for some reason, as for it putting you in the same IA over and over, the queue normally puts you with the largest IA group thats running at the time of your leveling and mentors you to that level.

What level are you? Try to mentor yourself to like 36 (or 34?), open the IA window... you should see Scarwood reach as an option, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can't choose specific IA's until level 50+ for some reason, as for it putting you in the same IA over and over, the queue normally puts you with the largest IA group thats running at the time of your leveling and mentors you to that level.
    I thought you could choose specific if you went to that zone and then opened up the menu, it will give you an option for that zone.

Other than that though, random is not really random, it will put you where other players are. Wait a little while and try again. The level 14 is generally the most popular though.

10+ Year Old Account
    how can you use the IA's to get rep for certain fractions?like eternal city,do you have to run randoms or choose certain zones?

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I thought you could choose specific if you went to that zone and then opened up the menu, it will give you an option for that zone.

Other than that though, random is not really random, it will put you where other players are. Wait a little while and try again. The level 14 is generally the most popular though.
    To choose a specific zone for an IA adventure, you need to be in the level range for the zone. Also you need to be back in Mathosia for IA level 50 and below, not in SL zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    how can you use the IA's to get rep for certain fractions?like eternal city
    You will need to mentor down to at least level 55 to make the Eternal City rep zones like Eastern Holdings, City Core to appear on the list, if you stay at level 60 all you'll get will be the likes of Morban, Kingsward, Ashora, Steppes etc.

Makes perfect sense, would defeat the purpose if you could zip around Pelladane as a level 60 one shotting level 50-51 mobs and hoovering up IA's

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes you get stuck with the mentoring buff/debuff on after you leave a IA. Make sure you are not mentored down and try and select the IA's, I had this happen a few times and it was preventing me from queueing for dungeons.

Deleted
    When you leave an IA, the burden is on you to right click your portrait, and select "Clear Ascended Mentor Level" which will then return you to your level. If you drop the raid, and hit it again, it will send you in another random direction - from 14 to 45 content upwards. Though if you don't like the option you get, drop, and forget to clear your mentoring, then you will be bounced between the two zones appropriate to that level.

I haven't played in a couple months, is it still a problem with cross faction groups - someone flagging by accident and getting booted from the group and then ganked?