how much haste is "required"

Hello im at an ilevl of 507 and im wondering how much haste do i need to do good dps then allow myself to throw more mastery into my gear. i do not have the legendary gem thingy. so im wondering how much haste is enough haste. i have 20.33% or 6203 haste.

ele? enh? resto?

Quote Originally Posted by Sebsmash View Post
    ele? enh? resto?
    the spec would be elemental

---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 11:38 PM ----------

When you get into heroic Throne gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is from the Elem FAQ sticky at top of the forums:

"Haste Caps & Breakpoints
    If you read up on most other spell casters, be they damage or healing, you'll see talk of "Haste Breakpoints". These are values of haste where additional ticks are added to particular DoTs & HoTs (Damage/Heal over Time). This does not apply to Elemental as our single DoT, Flame Shock, contributes approximately 5% of our damage. There will be some variation in haste around the breakpoints, but these variations are minor and should be not geared for, whereas the break points for healers are to do with mana efficiency and DoT centric casters like Affliction Warlocks are concerned with time efficiency.

There are two haste caps, one "soft cap" at 50% where additional haste ceases to have any affect on Chain Lightning, Lava Burst and Shocks. The second is a "hard cap" at 100% where haste caps out on Lightning Bolt and Elemental Blast. Even though temporary haste buffs like Bloodlust and Elemental Mastery will push you over the 50% haste cap if you have more than 15.38% haste self buffed, it won't affect stat weights generated by SimulationCraft as it already takes this into account.

However, the more haste you gain the less effective a talent like Elemental Mastery will be, thanks to that soft cap, which is why Echo of the Elements will be more valuable as gear levels increase.

In short, the only cap you have to worry about is the hit cap."

So I guess there isn't really a cap you should reach for......but try to have atleast 16% but not more then 50%?? Not sure but that sounds about right lol.

Really wish they would buff FLS, kinda lame that its Shamans only dot and it does such low DPS.....its long overdue for a buff.

In an earlier thread there was evidence of small breakpoints. 6803 haste was one breakpoint and the other was high 9K I believe.

Deleted
    In some simcraft topic it was stated breakpoint is at 6050 rating

thank you guys for your responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid1 View Post
    In an earlier thread there was evidence of small breakpoints. 6803 haste was one breakpoint and the other was high 9K I believe.
    Nobody has actually posted proof that these breakpoints are anything more than one person going "hey, my haste weight changes when I go over 6803 so that must be a breakpoint". Using weight changes as justification of break points is incorrect.

With 1 or 2 haste proc trinks, the haste proc meta, possible elemental blast haste, possible elemental mastery, bloodlust, and the 5% quicker LB's in 5.3. Combined with the inherent haste we are accumulating on ToT gear. We are starting to shift into the other 2 stats a bit more than before. There is no real breakpoint, and additional haste is still very useful. But you have to sim, and feel for yourself.

How about the haste point for enh to start taking PE? :>