Deleted

Borrowed time change

Are they serious? Why are they nerfing borrowed time? Anyone heard anything about the reasons behind this change?

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is to prevent ppl from chaining PWS one after the other, but it just does not make sense.

Sad change... will make it boring... use with GH or PoH

Bring back 25% BT then... Can't believe after the entire Disc history with BT they go change the core mechanic of it.

Unless I'm missing something, nothing is changing but the wording. Remember how they changed the wording on bloodlust/heroism from cast speed to haste? Isn't this the same thing?

Current borrowed time: Grants 15% spell haste for your next spell after casting Power Word: Shield. Lasts for 6 sec.

New Borrowed time: reduces the cast time or channel time of your next Priest spell within 6 sec by 15%

Quote Originally Posted by catspoir View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, nothing is changing but the wording. Remember how they changed the wording on bloodlust/heroism from cast speed to haste? Isn't this the same thing?

Current borrowed time: Grants 15% spell haste for your next spell after casting Power Word: Shield. Lasts for 6 sec.

New Borrowed time: reduces the cast time or channel time of your next Priest spell within 6 sec by 15%
    There would be no point in changing the wording if it ends the same, except it doesn't end the same.

We are no longer getting haste but a flat cast reduction. This is a buff overall imo to haste stacking disc priest and non haste stacking disc. Unless you are one of those who abused haste hot system (which never mattered anyway).

The wording seems to indicate a change to force Penance to consume the buff, which would be a nerf (nevermind the indirect changes to Renew and SWPain), which IMO is a significant nerf to PvP...no more PWS into a Penance into a GHeal (which has saved many a teammate).

Any insight from the PTR?

I thought penance always consumed borrowed time, unless I just haven't been paying attention.

Penance never consumed BT...

PW:S, Penance, (+- PoM) FHeal/GHeal was the burst tank heal thing since WotLK. I use that one less frequently nowadays, but I am using PW:S, Penance, Sol +something with cast time. Going to be very strange since it's been around forever.
    Last edited by laplacedemon; 2013-04-13 at 11:44 PM.

This is removing whats fun... extra hasted dots or faster penance channel or even casting 2 PW:S one after another will be slower.

No just no... keep it as it is...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    There would be no point in changing the wording if it ends the same, except it doesn't end the same.

We are no longer getting haste but a flat cast reduction. This is a buff overall imo to haste stacking disc priest and non haste stacking disc. Unless you are one of those who abused haste hot system (which never mattered anyway).
    The main thing about borrowed time was that instants and penance benefited from the haste without consuming it. So borrowed time was an important source of haste. Also since borrowed time stacks multiplicatively with haste from gear and all haste buffs, it did not lose value if you had haste from gear.

The cast time reduction means that its equivalent to 17.6% haste for the cast, but not affecting instants means its a fairly large nerf to borrowed time.

It also looks like it will now get used up by penance based on the wording.

It is a change that makes zero sense and it is another nerf for disc.

Deleted
    I'm interpreting this change exactly like Havoc, the intention is basically to stop instants/penance benefitting from it (without getting it consumed). I really really dislike this change, proper use of borrowed time was (imo) one of the biggest differences between a good and an excellent disc priest. It is also a significant nerf to our ability to deal with periods of high damage, which already is a niche where we're really weak.

First post after my vacation is a massive amount of whine, yay me!