Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Diablo 3 Story In A Nutshell

This applies to just about every single end boss in the game.

"To fight me, you will have to fight my General/Lieutenant/Bodyguard/Etc!"
    *You Kill Said Obstacle*
    "No matter, I didn't need him/that anyways!"

Diablo though cracks me up. Usually I just Escape past all her dialogue but I wanted to listen to it this time.

After you kill one of her main Lieutenants:
    "My armies still pour through the Hell rift!"
    *Oh... guess I better find that rift.*
    *Kill Hell rift*
    "That is not my only rift!"
    *Oh... alright then, guess I better find that other one*
    "I didn't need that anyways, I'm not scared. You can fight me on top of this huge spire."

I'm actually having fun in the game since last year but who in the world wrote the dialogue and the story for this game? lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    I'm actually having fun in the game since last year but who in the world wrote the dialogue and the story for this game? lol
    Doctor Claw? "Next time Gadget, next time!" *flies off*

Yeah it is pretty D grade writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    Yeah it is pretty D grade writing.
    I see what you did there =P

I happen to like the D3 story even if it is a bit silly.

yeah Diablo 3 is a diablo for babies pretty much

Torchlight 2 is much more fun it you are looking for a time sink.

One of my biggest gripes with d3 the same was i fell towards WoW is you play someone elses story. no matter what you do who you kill what realm you save or conquer its all about the bald guy. like in cata everything was about thrall but YOU are the one that did everything. one reason i think games like SWTOR or GW2 would be so good if they actually had an endgame like WoW.

D3 forces you to start in faceroll mode and play through the game 3 times before it actually gets hardish. Torchlight with the community mods n stuff is so much more fun. Sorry I am kinda on a anti-blizz roll right now.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    probably get told that im a retarded for buying the game but this was essentially the reason i stopped playing. the story was just so god awful and transparent. well that and a lot of my friends didnt like and stopped playing.

there were several times throughout the various acts that you couldnt blow open some debris blocking the path and the npc with you at the time had to do it, makes a lot of sense really. "i can kill diablo, but this makeshift blockade is quite the obstacle!"

in b4, "obvious d3 basher"

I found the story to be pretty awesome overall, as it was my first ever Diablo experience, but sometimes, it was just low-budget villain trash.

The section with the Hell Rifts which you must uncover and destroy, Diablo is taunting you like the evil mad man who leaves a large red wire hanging out of a bomb with a clear, easy to read 60 minute countdown timer. I understand what (s)he is trying to, but really it just sucked.

Some parts of the story did irritate me also, but generally it was pretty cool. However, the Act 2 Story Line was just some of the worst story I've ever known. The zones, the story, the mundane dull atmosphere was nearly unbearable. The only redeeming quality of Act 2 was Belial (or however it is spelt, not played in months now). The rest of the acts had good story telling and atmosphere.

---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 08:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    One of my biggest gripes with d3 the same was i fell towards WoW is you play someone elses story. no matter what you do who you kill what realm you save or conquer its all about the bald guy. like in cata everything was about thrall but YOU are the one that did everything. one reason i think games like SWTOR or GW2 would be so good if they actually had an endgame like WoW.
    Going to agree here. Games used to be about you, not just the character, but the person behind the screen. I can remember all the older games I used to play (Croc, Final Fantasy 8, 40 Winks, Rayman, to name a few) and they were always about me, be as a person doing what was needed.

While a MMO can't be about everyone, the Diablo story, and World of Warcraft story in particular is now getting to the point where the forces we're facing are getting so powerful, that the fact that we're mortals is going to be the main limitation, so Blizzard pulls in even more powerful characters to aid us.

The same goes for Diablo. We did all the work, we toiled to bring peace and harmony to a large section of the population that we know of, we restored balance and almost alone crushed entire armies, yet where was our invitation to gain some wings and look bad ass?

I find settings more interesting than story anyway xD

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed the storyline and well I had fun.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    The story is just an excuse to make you kill stuff. And I like it that way ^^

If I want deep storytelling, amazing dialogue, and no plot-holes, I'll find a random Elder Scrolls mod :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

I thought you said you wanted deep story telling, amazing dialogue, and no plot holes?
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    I thought you said you wanted deep story telling, amazing dialogue, and no plot holes?
    I also said "mod". As in, player-created content. I have some names I follow in the modding community, and many of them have delivered superb content since Morrowind!
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I found it good. Not great, but good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Story was OK. Video games are not that great for telling stories really. It can be done and sometimes is but face it: most games are designed so that 13-year-olds can understand them. So great literature is unlikely.

And even if they had managed to pull off the trick of telling a great story, a game that's basically all about running through that story again and again and again ad infinitum is going to get annoying. ARPG's are not well-served by including complex stories. The story is just a hook on which to hang the rationale on why you need to go and kill 10,000 monsters and collect the gold and gear. That's never going to be profound.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They fucked up by killing off cain that's what pisses me off the most, he dies to BUTTERFLIES and what the fuck Tyreal going mortal was just horrid like I can foreshadow this right now he will be an angel again in the expansion and we fight Imperious cause hes a dick. Imperius is going to be like I HAVE MY OWN RENEGADE ANGELS YOU FIGHT THEM FIRST MUAHAHAHAHA

I know people will disagree with me but I actually liked the story and I found it be one of the best selling points of the game for me personally.

I felt like the story was rushed especially towards the end and wished that it had a been longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only real problems I had with D3's story was how Azmodan told you exactly what he was doing the entire time he was invading, and how they just tossed away Leah at the end. I'm sure she'll come back in the next expansion, but it would have been nice to give her SOME sort of throw-to at the end of the game, instead of having it be "world is saved, main character tossed away."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    suuuuch a bad story

so bad

I liked/like the game tho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Going to agree here. Games used to be about you, (Final Fantasy,Rayman,) and they were always about me, be as a person doing what was needed.
    Not sure if serious or not..