Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmicbalance View Post
    Look up the concept of cultural relativism. It's an important one for any of us living after the 1800s

The field of anthropology has a multitude of reasons your arguments don't hold water. One small point- the concept of race cannot even be defined biologically because there exists more genetic diversity within races than between them. This means two white people will likely be more biologically different than a white person and a black person. Race can only defined as a cultural construct.
    You seem to be well versed in anthropology, so I have a question. Not being sarcastic, but genuinely interested. If the concept of race only exists culturally, then why are forensic anthropologists able to identify them?
    Last edited by Merkava; 2013-04-16 at 08:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Which ought to be the vast majority - if not why be catholic...
    It's very hard to consciously decide to stop being a Catholic because you disagree with the Pope when you are intimately convinced that there is no "salvation" outside of the Church.

For example, Catholics who feel bad (feel it's sinful) for using anticonception are a minority.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    and while it is a bad thing to judge an entire race
    for the actions of a small group of extremists, it is necessary because the extremist groups exist inside the veil of the entire Muslim
    communities. Because of this, Americans were forced to judge the Muslim community as a whole.
    This write up is piece of shit. Your reasons based on "prejudical" thinking rather than logical reasons. An educated American(or people in same case) would blame his/her government as much as extremists but not entire Muslim. Only small minds were forced to hate entire Muslim population.

I would give you a huge F for writing this much shit pepper in college level.

I think your writing is very full of inaccuracies. I am American and was not "forced to judge the Muslim community as a whole". I have NEVER judged a community as a whole. There are good people and bad people in every community all over the entire world. I also think you need to reread your work, If I handed that in at the college level my school would have given me an F.

Quote Originally Posted by jotabe View Post
    It's very hard to consciously decide to stop being a Catholic because you disagree with the Pope when you are intimately convinced that there is no "salvation" outside of the Church.

For example, Catholics who feel bad (feel it's sinful) for using anticonception are a minority.
    According to the Catholic church the pope is infallible.