Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Nalak "soloable"?

So today while waiting for our raid to start, I got a somewhat crazy idea. I decided to pull Nalak in towards the raid entrance, where guards are defending the gate. This meant that Nalak started getting attacked by the Shado-Pan Enforcers while I was just standing safely out of range from all his abilities.

I didn't have much time to see how long the guards would last, but while they died fairly fast there was always a small amount of them around. This was because due to being fairly close to the raid times of guilds on the server, people started to attack it. Basically "I", aka the guards, got it down to 95% before the other players around decided to start helping.

I'm just wondering if this would be possible to actually "solo" simply due to this? Would the guards ever run out or would they kill it for you?

Sure it might be borderline exploit, but it's not like it benefits you any way, since Nalak is such an easy world boss to begin with..

The hardest part of soloing him would be to not have people randomly show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    The hardest part of soloing him would be to not have people randomly show up.
    Depends if you are on a heavily populated server or a dead piece of crap server like mine. Anyways, I don't see why he wouldn't be, in theory. Very easy boss with not a hell of a lot of damage.

Guard damage isn't too high so it will probably berserk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    not to mention.. whats the benefit of trying to solo? cool points? im sorry not high up on my cool meter. would be cooler it you tried to get as many people involved as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    All his abilities would probably end up being used on you since you're the only player. If not all, many of them at least. Maybe a prot paladin could solo it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denash View Post
    So today while waiting for our raid to start, I got a somewhat crazy idea. I decided to pull Nalak in towards the raid entrance, where guards are defending the gate. This meant that Nalak started getting attacked by the Shado-Pan Enforcers while I was just standing safely out of range from all his abilities.

I didn't have much time to see how long the guards would last, but while they died fairly fast there was always a small amount of them around. This was because due to being fairly close to the raid times of guilds on the server, people started to attack it. Basically "I", aka the guards, got it down to 95% before the other players around decided to start helping.

I'm just wondering if this would be possible to actually "solo" simply due to this? Would the guards ever run out or would they kill it for you?

Sure it might be borderline exploit, but it's not like it benefits you any way, since Nalak is such an easy world boss to begin with..
    its not soloing if the npcs help

That's why he used "" marks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    not to mention.. whats the benefit of trying to solo? cool points? im sorry not high up on my cool meter. would be cooler it you tried to get as many people involved as possible.
    because nalak is so super rare no one else will ever get a chance to kill him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    That would make it even funnier. He would one shot everyone go goes even near.

Well if he is on a dead server or on the opposite side of a heavily one-sided server, getting a raid group of people is hard. On the server I play on the horde is pretty much dead. If you wanted to down Sha of Anger you had to get someone from another server to invite you cross-realm. Blizzard disabled that with Nalak though.

I do a similar strategy for when I find Goda alive. I realize he is soloable by many classes, just not mine. I kite him to the guards at the sewer entrance to the raid, they make quick work of him and I get loot!

Hmm, perhaps it would be possible. It would entirely depend on the spawn rate of the guards.

As you said, they did eventually die. I've noticed in other areas where NPCs/mobs die a lot, within a short period of time, there seems to come a point where they break their normal spawn rate, and then they spawn much slower than normal.

An example of this was back in Cataclysm I would go and solo farm the Troggs in Deepholm. Every now and then, after killing many of them, I would notice they would "miss" their normal respawn time.

The other problem would be making sure the NPCs would always have the highest threat on Nalak.

Either way, it's an interesting idea.

Quote Originally Posted by arden714 View Post
    I do a similar strategy for when I find Goda alive. I realize he is soloable by many classes, just not mine. I kite him to the guards at the sewer entrance to the raid, they make quick work of him and I get loot!
    I'm pretty sure Blizzard intends "kite to guards" as a strategy for some NPCs. For example, there's pretty much no way for about half the classes to solo that NPC with his two helpers that hangs out in a corner outside Niuzao Temple, except by kiting him to the guards. He will go a long ways before he leashes so it really does seem to be deliberate.

Because some servers can't get a group for Nalak. Ours has been trying all week and only got him down the first day when the gate opened and everyone was interested.

For servers less equipped to handle Nalak, the guards might be a useful resource for them. However, as people mentioned, if your server can handle Nalak fairly easy, I do not see much of feat in soloing Nalak especially with use of npcs. It would be nice to farm the mount during next expansion when NO ONE makes groups for Nalak anymore.

Deleted
    would be cooler it you tried to get as many people involved as possible.
    Nah, not really. I think soloing would be a lot cooler.

On my server, it might be possible to kill him in the morning without another player showing up.
    The server isn't that dead, but the IoT definitely is between 4 and 7 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arden714 View Post
    Wait, what? Goda should easily be soloable by any class (with half-decent gear).

Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    For servers less equipped to handle Nalak, the guards might be a useful resource for them. However, as people mentioned, if your server can handle Nalak fairly easy, I do not see much of feat in soloing Nalak especially with use of npcs. It would be nice to farm the mount during next expansion when NO ONE makes groups for Nalak anymore.
    But none of the drops as far as I know are group (traditional raid boss) loot. Everything is personal loot. If the RNG gods hiccuped the mount could drop for everyone in the group. So really there is nothing but advantage in having more people killing the boss.

Consider the possibility that if you don't DPS him to at least 50% of his HP or so, it might happen that the NPCs kill him and there will be no loot like it happens with many mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Better just a get group. Easily done with 20 people. There will always be un-grouped people doing damage to it also.