So I am taking my time to write up this issue in case anyone have any idea what is actually going on. What happens is that no matter what game I am playing, be it Battlefield, WoW, League of Legends, Super Hexagon, Skyrim, Starcraft, you name it, I often experience an irritating FPS problem. It does not matter if I am in an epic firefight with tanks bombarding and jets roaring overhead, or if I am chillingly fishing somewhere in Northrend by myself.

The best way I can describe it is that my FPS is 'stuttering', not bad, but enough to be annoying. If I were to try and impose my FPS onto a graph by hand, since I have not been able to capture the actual drop in fps, it would look something like this:

I have been having this FPS issue since I got this computer several years ago, but since then, I have upgraded and replaced everything, video card, RAM, the motherboard and power supply. The only thing that is as it once was is my HDD and my CD-drive, but I know that i't cannot be the HDD because I installed an SSD last month and have been playing several different games from it, without the issue going away.

Some days are better than others though, and I dont know if it has anything to do what I am running in the background, but some days I dont even notice the issue while other days is unbearable.

I a have a theory that it is not just the FPS going down, because in some games actual effects are being delayed (such as smoke coming from a rocket missing in places whenever the issue sticks fourth it's ugly head)

I see myself as somewhat of a veteran when it comes to dealing with strange and unusual computer problems, so I am not the kind of person that doesnt know to clean the cabinet (which I have done several times before someone asks) or doesnt know how to open the DX-diag.

My setup is as follows:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Processor, ~2,8 GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte 870A-UD3
RAM: 8192 MB (2x4096 Kingston 1600 MHz)
Graphics Card: XFX Radeon 6950
Power Supply: 750 Watt
Resolution: Im running on a 23" monitor on a 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution.

All drivers are to the best of my knowlegde up to date but if needed I can easily provide a dxdiag output.

If anyone has any idea what is going on that would be incredibly helpfull.

---------- Post added 2013-04-15 at 04:34 PM ----------

Bump, if anyone has any clue it would be awesome