1. #44361

  2. #44362
    Mechagnome pOO flinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    687
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    That's pretty cool.

  3. #44363
    Herald of the Titans Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    laughcity
    Posts
    2,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    ...because the entire point of electable leaders/government officials, or whatever is that people actually elect them. If say, a candidate was NOT well liked by most people, but those people don't vote because "it doesn't matter" or "I'm lazy" or "I don't actually care" it's very likely that the candidate that is not well liked by most will get voted in. The government is supposed to be elected by the vote of ALL the people, of all demographics, and if some demographics don't vote, the government is not elected by the people, but rather the select groups who bothered to vote, which will likely lead to less effective leaders. That's not a great explanation, but I don't really know how to explain it, and I'm too tired and lazy to make a decent hypothetical and explanation.

    They can choose not to vote, but I'd still prefer people DO vote.

    - - - Updated - - -

    ^^ I'm never going to FORCE anyone to vote (and not just because that's illegal), but I will encourage them.
    But if you dont care about politics then why care? But yes if you do care about politics you should obviously vote and make a difference

    [00:59:24] Nick | Hunty: im a huntysexual

  4. #44364
    Bloodsail Admiral Decagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Unfortunately, Central Utah
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    But if you dont care about politics then why care? But yes if you do care about politics you should obviously vote and make a difference
    Everyone should care about politics, at least, for major elections and stuff. Regardless of whether you care who is elected could and probably will have an effect on you. If say, we're living a country that has one person who makes all the decisions and has no checks and no one to go through (no congress) and for some reason that doesn't actually exist but does for this hypothetical, that person is elected every 5 years. If you don't care about politics and just keep to yourself, never do anything illegal, and suddenly, one of the people who is elected is a crazy bastard who goes around and murders people who eat bread, and you eat bread, that affects you, regardless of whether or not you "cared" about politics. The only way for the people to avoid voting in this really weird guy who murders people who eats bread is to elect someone else who won't murder you for eating bread, and that won't happen if only a select few people vote.

    In this situation, let's say 60% of the people love to eat bread, and the other 40% don't like people who eat bread. If the 60% doesn't vote, the 40% will vote in the weird guy who will murder you for eating bread. If the 60% had voted, the outcome would be different and someone else would be in power.

    - - - Updated - - -

    That only sort of made sense, but I'm tired and rushed, so that's the best argument you're getting from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    I blame Decagon.

  5. #44365
    I am Murloc! Black Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maybe over there
    Posts
    5,915
    Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    That's pretty cool.

  6. #44366

  7. #44367

  8. #44368
    Over 9000! ElyPop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Chelmsford, Essex.
    Posts
    9,683
    - 5.

  9. #44369

  10. #44370
    Bloodsail Admiral Wass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Back in Sweden
    Posts
    1,036
    Haiiiii

    North Canada is only snow anyway, pOO.

    I am so so tired.
    My SC2 stream, bitchz, love goes to Elyaan the Weird and Fantastical Unicorn.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

  11. #44371
    Dreadlord Nightfury Treann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Colombia Spire
    Posts
    762
    - 3
    "#Got99ProblemsAndTreannAintOne" ~ElyPop

  12. #44372
    Over 9000! ElyPop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Chelmsford, Essex.
    Posts
    9,683
    Sup folks.

  13. #44373

  14. #44374
    Mechagnome pOO flinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    687
    - 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    Haiiiii

    North Canada is only snow anyway, pOO.

    I am so so tired.
    If you clicked the link you would understand what I meant

  15. #44375
    Bloodsail Admiral Decagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Unfortunately, Central Utah
    Posts
    1,093
    Let's all move to Warm Canada, that sounds nice!


    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    I didn't understand it until I stopped looking at the actual picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    I blame Decagon.

  16. #44376

  17. #44377
    Bloodsail Admiral Decagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Unfortunately, Central Utah
    Posts
    1,093
    I voted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    I blame Decagon.

  18. #44378

  19. #44379
    Herald of the Titans Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    laughcity
    Posts
    2,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Everyone should care about politics, at least, for major elections and stuff. Regardless of whether you care who is elected could and probably will have an effect on you. If say, we're living a country that has one person who makes all the decisions and has no checks and no one to go through (no congress) and for some reason that doesn't actually exist but does for this hypothetical, that person is elected every 5 years. If you don't care about politics and just keep to yourself, never do anything illegal, and suddenly, one of the people who is elected is a crazy bastard who goes around and murders people who eat bread, and you eat bread, that affects you, regardless of whether or not you "cared" about politics. The only way for the people to avoid voting in this really weird guy who murders people who eats bread is to elect someone else who won't murder you for eating bread, and that won't happen if only a select few people vote.

    In this situation, let's say 60% of the people love to eat bread, and the other 40% don't like people who eat bread. If the 60% doesn't vote, the 40% will vote in the weird guy who will murder you for eating bread. If the 60% had voted, the outcome would be different and someone else would be in power.

    - - - Updated - - -

    That only sort of made sense, but I'm tired and rushed, so that's the best argument you're getting from me.
    Everyone should, but far from everyone does.

    [00:59:24] Nick | Hunty: im a huntysexual

  20. #44380

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •