10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so question of the day for you all, anyone that knows programming regardless of language I think this is universal or hey you might even see it without knowing programming.

If you don't know what the ASCII table is, here it is

Basically every symbol on your keyboard is represented by a number, as the computer has no idea what a % is or what a Z is, so it has numeric values for them and hitting your a button for example gives the computer 97 which it then knows is an a by the ASCII table, it's becoming outdated now and replaced with another bigger table since the ASCII table is limited, for example it can't give out Chinese or Japanese or Korean characters.

So I'm writing a program that reads in a message (for an example let's say I enter hello world) then it counts all the characters in that message and tells the user how many times each letter was used and how many times none letters were used. so hello world would show this
    h=1
    e=1
    l=3
    o-2
    w=1
    r=1
    d=1
    None letters=1 (the space counts as a character)

When writing programs, we have to make assumptions and list them in our assignment.
    The only assumption I can think of for this is that the user will enter a character within the ASCII table, so no foreign characters.

What other assumptions could be made?

+31

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    I don't even.. Is that a song?
    no -_- you added an a at the end of my name thus making it all feminine sounding lol

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Deleted
    No idea, Ana ¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    no -_- you added an a at the end of my name thus making it all feminine sounding lol
    Oh... It would have been a cool song though.

Wegenreno then!
    +32
    #FuckYeahCottageCheese

Deleted
    + 30

10+ Year Old Account
    +33 you guys are silly

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god! Error in my program I almost didn't notice, it thinks Z doesn't exist!
    Both lower and Upper case! D:
    It doesn't record it as anything, or show up on the list of letters it prints out (it prints out every letter and if there are none, says zero)

Z has ceased to exist! I swear it was there before D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay...okay...I see what I did wrong. I had the array to store the alphabet in be only 26 elements so the z was being over ridden by the null character.

Deleted
    I just noticed that my sofa is off centre under the window. It's super disturbing.
    +34
    Z doesn't exist in my language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then I guess my program would have worked in The North! (Denmark? I forgot are you danish? xD)
    No it actually wouldn't though since your funny characters aren't on the ASCII table! Your language would crash my program, or just cause it to ignore your letters. I'm not sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I guess the normal bus we had finally broke on a hill, so we got this new one. It has racks above all the seats, and I forgot about that when I got up to move from the emergency exit because the alarm would keep going off when I moved (a surpringly common occurrence) and I banged my head when I switched seats. Now my head hurts and I feel stupid and weak now.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Deleted
    Poor Nicki. Don't feel weak. All heads hurt after banging them on things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Then I guess my program would have worked in The North! (Denmark? I forgot are you danish? xD)
    No it actually wouldn't though since your funny characters aren't on the ASCII table! Your language would crash my program, or just cause it to ignore your letters. I'm not sure.
    Yes. Yes, I am. Okay, Z exists. Zebra. Zoo. That's the words I could come up with. Æ can be written AE, Ø as OE and Å as AA. It'll work. Trust me, I'm an engineer.

D'aww Deca.

+ 38.