Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    You do realize people get income from ads on TV too? Do you find that a non legit source of income for companies?

Playing ins't hard, yes! Mastering it isn't.
    Companies =/= A guy in his bedroom showing how much of a baws he is at playing his Paladin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Singing isn't hard either.
    Singing, promo, recording, touring.. I see that as a much harder career which does generally have a larger scope of people to provide for.

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    Companies =/= A guy in his bedroom showing how much of a baws he is at playing his Paladin.
    How is one legitimate and the other one isn't?
    Singing, promo, recording, touring.. I see that as a much harder career which does generally have a larger scope of people to provide for.
    Somethings, you can't judge them based on effort. Just because X is harder doesn't make it legitimate or more legitimate than Y or Z.

Again, some streamers have it easy, some don't. Doesn't mean it's not a legitimate source of income, because it is for a lot of people, and not just for gamers.

How is one legitimate and the other one isn't?

Somethings, you can't judge them based on effort. Just because X is harder doesn't make it legitimate or more legitimate than Y or Z.

Again, some streamers have it easy, some don't. Doesn't mean it's not a legitimate source of income, because it is for a lot of people, and not just for gamers.
    Companies are established. They employ. Etc.. can't be bothered explaining, but compare that to a single person streaming and making a living off it. In my opinion I don't see it as legitimate, comparatively.

And I've done streaming. Specifically cam work. I still don't see it okay in the way that an actual job/career can be. I don't see it as an effective source for someone to live off of.

Deleted
    One thing is you thinking if it's not legitimate, another is you thinking it's not effective. If it's the former, sorry but I disagree with you and think you are wrong in thinking that getting money out of streaming isn't legitimate, it is legitimate, if it's the latter, I agree that it's not the most effective way of making a living, for most atleast, or getting income to live.

Well, this is pretty petty since we differ opinions and neither of us is interested in changing their mind about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can be profitable doing it, more power to you. However, if it ends up failing on you, you damn well better be prepared to fall back on a backup job.

One thing is you thinking if it's not legitimate, another is you thinking it's not effective. If it's the former, sorry but I disagree with you and think you are wrong in thinking that getting money out of streaming isn't legitimate, it is legitimate, if it's the latter, I agree that it's not the most effective way of making a living, for most atleast, or getting income to live.
    I just mean legitimate in the way that its not a proper job and if someone wants to make a living, they should get a proper job.

Anyways, I'll be back shortly. Adios for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Not in Utah. Age of consent is 16 and statutory rape laws here are 10 years difference.
    I did not know that.

Not like it matters to me though, I won't get any regardless of age.

I have little respect for streamers and such who try to make a living out of it. Actors and musicians at least have to get out and put in the work.. streamers don't have to and as you said, gaining funds via adverts and adverts themselves can be invasive and irritating.

- - - Updated - - -

Night Wass.
    I think it's pretty hard for streamers to ACTUALLY make a living. Tbh, I like streamers who do it for a living because my favorite streamer does so, and she probably wouldn't be able to stream as much if she had an actual job.

Playing ins't hard, yes! Mastering it isn't.
    You don't have to be good to get money at gaming, look at say, Jesse Cox, love him to death, but both him and I know that he's awful at most games.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Borderlands 2 won the community choice. $10 is a steal, get it if you can.

Deleted
    Hehe

I voted on the other one, the stealth one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted for it

10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe

I voted on the other one, the stealth one.
    Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    I voted for it
    I voted for dishonored, but I was hoping for either to win. Now I can play it with my friends.

Also, Dark Souls is $7.49 on the flash sale. Get it. It's probably my favorite game of the past few years.

Deleted
    Yeah, Dishonored.

10+ Year Old Account
    I considered getting BL2 but not sure if I want to.

Deleted

its a steal but with the amount of addons they have that cost money....

10+ Year Old Account

We shall win!

Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    its a steal but with the amount of addons they have that cost money....
    Well, season pass is 66% off too.

Lolwat. Did WSG, everyone was busy fighting in the middle, and I capped the flag three times and won without any interference. Silly Alliance not even trying to stop me.