+ 6.

But he is a dwarf. Or an imp.
    Just a very short person.
    A midget.

Dwarf is just rude. Being rude to Mr. Dinklage is unacceptable.

+7

10+ Year Old Account
    I think dwarf is the official name for it isn't it? And I don't know his characters name.

+5

Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    Dwarf is just rude. Being rude to Mr. Dinklage is unacceptable.

Deleted
    "Little person". I'd rather be a dwarf than a little person.

+6

+7 Good morning PVM.

My tauren paladin is now a space cow instead. God faction changes are expensive.

Time to start working.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    I think dwarf is the official name for it isn't it? And I don't know his characters name.

+5
    Half-man.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, the condition is called dwarfism, and I'm like 99% sure they prefer to be called dwarfs. Arya hasn't done much yet either, except been given a sword by Jon Snow.

My favorite is the dwarf or Rob.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, the condition is called dwarfism, and I'm like 99% sure they prefer to be called dwarfs. Arya hasn't done much yet either, except been given a sword by Jon Snow.
    One of the strangest things about calling people correct names is here in America we don't call black people black, they're African American. The term black isn't used that much and hardly ever in the media.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea we call them black Since they just aren't African American lol.
    But don't use that very often since we don't actually have many black people, we have lots of aboriginals but of course we call them aboriginal.

Yea we call them black Since they just aren't African American lol.
    But don't use that very often since we don't actually have many black people, we have lots of aboriginals but of course we call them aboriginal.
    Yea driving home last week I heard a radio report from the UK and they just called them black. Strangest thing ever. Made a ton of sense. Did the UK or Australia ever get into the whole slavery thing like the US did?

Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post
    Yea driving home last week I heard a radio report from the UK and they just called them black. Strangest thing ever. Made a ton of sense. Did the UK or Australia ever get into the whole slavery thing like the US did?
    We tend to call 'em afro-caribbean (african/caribbean).
    Black is still used but not as commonly.

Racism has got us to the point where merely pointing out a person's race feels racist.

Chris O'Dowd will be in Thor 2!

Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    Racism has got us to the point where merely pointing out a person's race feels racist.
    You so racist!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Inb4 infracted because of gore.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, hello btw.

Hello newly arrive regulars.

+9

Still working

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post
    My favorite is the dwarf or Rob.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the strangest things about calling people correct names is here in America we don't call black people black, they're African American. The term black isn't used that much and hardly ever in the media.
    We use both black and African American. Usually, you can tell who is deep down slightly racist by which term they use. If they use black, they're not actually saying anything about them besides "your skin is different than mine", if they say African American, they're usually saying it because "they don't want to offend". In my opinion, when you alter your speech or actions to talk to people of other races to "avoid offending them" that's racist.

However, we have very few black people here, just a lot of Tongans.

We have lots of Asians as well. ^-^

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    We also have a lot of Asians and pacific islanders Well, less pacific islanders here than in NZ but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    We use both black and African American. Usually, you can tell who is deep down slightly racist by which term they use. If they use black, they're not actually saying anything about them besides "your skin is different than mine", if they say African American, they're usually saying it because "they don't want to offend". In my opinion, when you alter your speech or actions to talk to people of other races to "avoid offending them" that's racist.
    I always to chuckle myself when people avoid using skin color as a descriptor. Example; "did you meet the new girl?" "which one are you talking about?" "The one that has dark hair, and is of average height / weight". (very unhelpful) If they would just say the African American then I'd know instantly who they're talking about.

Population in my small town in northern California is over 90% white. I was looking at local high school stats and they have two african american students and a handful

No idea what I edited. Supervisor walked in and we talked. Totally lost control of edit box.
    Last edited by Flame6; 2013-10-10 at 04:24 PM.