Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Exclamation Cat People Vs Dog People

Personally, I am a dog person because I don't really see anything good in cats. Dogs can be trained much easier than cats, dogs want to play more, dogs are constantly happy while cats never seem happy, cats are lazy, cat's claws hurt, cats seem ungrateful, and cats crap in a box and stink up your house. Cats are pretty useless if you ask me.

Last edited by sandmoth12; 2013-04-14 at 08:22 PM.

Deleted
    I'm a dog person too and for the same reasons.

Deleted
    I like both.

Deleted
    I like both

Edit: damn, too slow

10+ Year Old Account
    wow this is gonna end well for sure

anyway I like both but I prefer Dogs for the reasons you stated I love going to the park with my dog or when I go on a trip I bring him with me and he's good company(better than most ppl)...

i love dogs, they are both so beautiful and adorable. my favorites are german shepherds. cats are ok... i like them, but i would never own one.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I like both.
    I understand that you may like both, but why not pick a side? After all it is said that people should be weary of a man that has no enemies because he has never stood up for something he believes in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    I understand that you may like both, but why not pick a side? After all it is said that people should be weary of a man that has no enemies because he has never stood up for something he believes in.
    We've had both and they're both awesome. No need to pick a side

My experience with dogs has almost always been very negative.

All through my life, my family (including my Girlfriend Parents) have been terrible with controlling their dogs. My parents had two dogs who would obliterate any post, and piss themselves everytime someone came into the house, making it annoying to try and get any mail, and embarrising when trying to invite a few friends over.

My girlfriends parents have two dogs also, one of whom is obsessed with food. If he steals something, and you try to get it off, it is going to take a very large smack to the head, or a trip to the A&E following a vicious dog bite to get it off him. I've been in fights with him after someone left some bread out, and he stole it, only for me to end up trying to pry his jaw off my arm ...

All the dogs I've ever personally known are loud, annoying and they piss me off.

Cats on the other hand, while sometimes annoying, are much more simple, and cute! My cat is much nicer, easier to maintain and generally is a nicer companion then any dog I've ever known. I'm sure if I raised a dog myself, I'd love him and convert to being a Dog person, but for now, I'm happy being the only straight dude alive who gets all fuzzy at the sight of a cat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cats are intelligent (far more so than dogs). Cats are low maintenance. They're a hell of a lot more dignified than dogs. They're affectionate and cuddly if they have contact with humans from a young age. They're lithe and graceful, and personally I find it pretty damn cool to have a pretty much perfect predator living in you home.

And cats being lazy? You do know that dogs sleep on average 18 hours a day, right?

On the other hand, dogs are unquestioningly loyal and loving to their family, and never complain about anything (which cats certainly do). There's ups and downs to each, but saying that cats are useless is just ridiculous. This is coming from a person who's had both cats and dogs his whole life.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

I like both, but I prefer cats.

Granted, some people have had terrible experiences with cats, but the same goes for dogs. I've had two cats for about nine years now. Cats are very low maintenance, sweet content creatures that don't destroy your house if you leave them alone for a week. They're very easy to train with spray bottles, much easier than dogs in my opinion. And they don't smell horrible or make your house smell horrible.

Deleted
    Why make enemies when you can make them your friends?

10+ Year Old Account
    Cat person here.

They're awfully crafty, which I like. They also show tons of affection if they get to know you.

Also, they are the internet's mascot.

Deleted
    I can tolerate both, but given the choice I'd prefer cats.

I had some real nasty experience with dogs when I was a kid. Multiple times (dogs of neighbors and dog of uncle). So I'm ... careful around them. Of course I know that dogs can be wonderful and adorable if trained properly, which sadly isn't all too common around here. The gf of my brother has a wonderful sheltie. It's trained properly and all around of a calm, quiet and kind nature and I get along well with it. Still I'm reluctant around dogs simply because I can't shake off my experiences with them that easily.

Personally, I am a dog person because I don't really see anything good in cats. Dogs can be trained much easier than cats, dogs want to play more, dogs are constantly happy while cats never seem happy, cats are lazy, cat's claws hurt, cats seem ungrateful, and cats crap in a box and stink up your house. Cats are pretty useless if you ask me.
    Going to help you out here sandmoth. Dogs need to be trained due to their lack of intelligence. Cats are far to superior to bend to the will of humans. Cat don't give a dam for play time. After all they are plotting to take over the world. Cats lazy please they only rest 18 hours a day to be the superior hunters that they are. Lastly at least cats can use a version of a toilet. Dog just pop outside wide in the open. HOW BARBARIC IF YOU ASK ME! Dogs 2/10 would not pet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are people who like cats your enemies now? Does denying stating a prefence between pets constitute a refusal to stand up for what one believes in? This is ridiculous, even for you.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    My experience with dogs has almost always been very negative.

All through my life, my family (including my Girlfriend Parents) have been terrible with controlling their dogs. My parents had two dogs who would obliterate any post, and piss themselves everytime someone came into the house, making it annoying to try and get any mail, and embarrising when trying to invite a few friends over.

My girlfriends parents have two dogs also, one of whom is obsessed with food. If he steals something, and you try to get it off, it is going to take a very large smack to the head, or a trip to the A&E following a vicious dog bite to get it off him. I've been in fights with him after someone left some bread out, and he stole it, only for me to end up trying to pry his jaw off my arm ...

All the dogs I've ever personally known are loud, annoying and they piss me off.

Cats on the other hand, while sometimes annoying, are much more simple, and cute! My cat is much nicer, easier to maintain and generally is a nicer companion then any dog I've ever known. I'm sure if I raised a dog myself, I'd love him and convert to being a Dog person, but for now, I'm happy being the only straight dude alive who gets all fuzzy at the sight of a cat.
    It's not the dog's fault that it's not trained properly ^^ It's the owners that don't care or make the effort pretty much all of the time.

Deleted
    I don't like dogs so much. I got bit when I was a child by a dog in a cemetery, maybe that's why.

But that said, cats play a lot too, they're smaller and can be trained to do some tricks too. Sure, maybe not same lenght as dogs but still. You don't need to walk cats every day, you don't need to wash most of them as they was themselves. As long as they have a scratching post or something, they won't destroy your furniture, while dogs do, they are loving too and more independent.

I love cats, they're awesome and fuzzy. Also, if you know how to take them even if they want to claw you they won't be able to.
    Also, cats seem good at detecting problems with you. If a cat sits on same spot all the time on you, check it out. For example my older cat used to sit on my mother's back all the time. As years passed she developed back problems because of rheumatism, and there's plenty of examples of these things happening.

That said, I don't mind people that like dogs, just that I don't like them so much.

Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    I like both, but I prefer cats.

Granted, some people have had terrible experiences with cats, but the same goes for dogs. I've had two cats for about nine years now. Cats are very low maintenance, sweet content creatures that don't destroy your house if you leave them alone for a week. They're very easy to train with spray bottles, much easier than dogs in my opinion. And they don't smell horrible or make your house smell horrible.
    I've never had a single dog destroy anything other than when they were a puppy and maybe chewed on a shoe or something. I do however know people who've had cats rape their furniture from scratching. I had my German shepherd fully trained before she was four months old, I could walk her without a leash and send her to her kennel from anywhere in the house.

If your dog smells it's generally traced to the owners fault or like of care.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not particularly fond of any animals to begin with, but if I were forced to choose I'd pick cats any time of the year. Dogs are innately dumb, they're too active and they have a tendency to bark at or even attack 'jumpy' or even just quieter people, which would be very problematic considering what my circle of friends is like (I myself don't have a problem with it anymore, but it took a lot of getting used to and I still have problems with stray dogs). They also promote doing an extensive amount of outdoor activities, which I am really not fond of.

I tend to heavily dislike dog people for almost the same reasons. Their personalities get on my nerves more often than not, and I've never had a good relationship with one.
    Last edited by Coffer; 2013-04-14 at 07:50 PM.