Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why did Blizzard stop with mounts FoS?

Hi everyone.

I faintly remember a thread like this, but i wasn't able to find any, so here i go.

Why did Blizzard stop with mounts FoS? An overall simple and legitimate question, coming from a person that values feats over certain mounts.
    I just cannot see why, for example, the Raven Lord should give one, while the Swift Zulian Panther or the Onyxian Drake don't.
    It is obviously not a matter of difficulty (since Onyxia is harder than Anzu), and the drop rate is almost always about 1% for those mounts.

The last mount to give a feat was Invincible if i recall right.
    So yeah, why's that? Feats of strenght are a nice additional reward for the long grind one goes through, and since they don't give achievement points, i see no reason to keep handing them over rare mounts.

Thoughts?

What's the point of having a FoS when they are still obtainable? It's not an achievement to get something when its content is outdated.

10+ Year Old Account
    why u need an achivement for it? just link the mount spell instead =P

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a "needed" achievement. It's just i'm a FoS collector, opposed to achievement collectors.
    I'm just wondering why "older" mounts get privileged over newer ones regarding this aspect. Not like it affects the game in any way; I'd just like to know.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a achievement freak myself I wonder what blizzard is thinking..
    Is it really that hard to add those few achievements just to make us feel better? Sitting at 63 FoS Gief more lol.

Anzu is a fos since it was druid-specific kinda when it was released.

I wish I could link the date I got my Ony drake. I had to stop riding it (yes, HAD to. I was embarassed to see so many) after everyone started getting theirs.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Deleted
    It is silly, and comes across as lazy. Especially considering the Onyxia mount (pre-buffed droprate) was so incredibly rare. Yet the Swift White Hawkstrider has a FoS... lol.

The only mounts that gave a FoS were Mim's head, Invincible and rare drop mounts obtainable before the achievement system was put into effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    The only mounts that gave a FoS were Mim's head, Invincible and rare drop mounts obtainable before the achievement system was put into effect.
    Grey Camel, Grand Black War Mammoth and Bone White Primal Raptor say Hi

More interesting to me is, why aren't there any heroic-mode only mounts like Lifebinder's Handmaiden or Invincible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayona View Post
    idk why the Grand Mammoth got one, but meh. Also, the Grey Camel and Bone White Primal Raptor aren't like say the Blue-Proto Drake or other "Rare" mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayona View Post
    What? Bone white primal raptor does?

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    idk why the Grand Mammoth got one, but meh. Also, the Grey Camel and Bone White Primal Raptor aren't like say the Blue-Proto Drake or other "Rare" mounts.
    Grand Black War Mammoth used to give a regular achievement worth 10 points that was part of the Wintergrasp meta. People complained about a complete RNG achievement (that you might not even be able to ever take a shot at if you were on a really unbalanced server; on my original Wrath server Horde had access to VoA maybe once in the first couple months) being part of a PvP meta, so they changed it to a FoS and took it out of the meta.

---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 07:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    What? Bone white primal raptor does?
    I Got 9999 Problems, But a Bone-White Primal Raptor Ain't One.

Deleted
    I wonder this myself , DW mount ( heroic ) Raggy mount , alysrazor mount , all mounts i obtained and wished i got an achievment for people to show like " hee i got obtained this at this date when it was corrent content " or something what ever.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus4eva View Post
    The Achievement fad has long died with Cataclysm. It's not good content, they only continue to support it because it's in the game and has become a secondary focus.
    thats just not true at all
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

as a fos collector myself i was wondering the same thing.
    would love to see them back

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Amazing what comes off as "lazy" these days. never mind faster content updates and all that...now they are lazy for not giving a FoS?

---------- Post added 2013-04-15 at 10:40 AM ----------

Hmmm...on the other hand...it isn't a meta achievement, right? It is luckbased? Why a FoS for being lucky? Maybe that is why they removed those FoS. Call them "Feast of luck" maybe?
    Lucky? All mount FoS owners are lucky then.

I wouldn't consider a 1% drop rate in normal when it was current content and having to pay the roll winner JUST luck, it just dropped. Or are you saying those that raided end bosses on heroic when it was current and were next in line for a mount weren't "lucky"? They were more entitled to them and deserving?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Amazing what comes off as "lazy" these days. never mind faster content updates and all that...now they are lazy for not giving a FoS?

---------- Post added 2013-04-15 at 10:40 AM ----------

Hmmm...on the other hand...it isn't a meta achievement, right? It is luckbased? Why a FoS for being lucky? Maybe that is why they removed those FoS. Call them "Feast of luck" maybe?
    So swift white , raven lord, and stuff like that isn't skill ? 9999 dragon bones isn't skill nor luck it is time based , same goes for the insane. So where is your logic?

Well the heroic only mounts arent luck based unless your guild didnt have them on farm long enough for everyone to get one. It would be lucky if you got the Rag mount in normal wherei t really shouldnt have dropped. All the low droprate mounts I agree are luck based but then only 3 FoS mounts are not luck based(DW, LK, Yogg).

The FoS criteria is a little inconsistent since the 3 drake OS mount was never a FoS like the equivalent mounts from Yogg and LK.

I guess if you want to show you got your mount when it was hard you can link your heroic Rag or DW ach and tell people thats when you got it.