Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Warchief Henkdejager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hiding in your computer.
    Posts
    2,102
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Amazing what comes off as "lazy" these days. never mind faster content updates and all that...now they are lazy for not giving a FoS?

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-15 at 10:40 AM ----------



    Hmmm...on the other hand...it isn't a meta achievement, right? It is luckbased? Why a FoS for being lucky? Maybe that is why they removed those FoS. Call them "Feast of luck" maybe?
    So swift white , raven lord, and stuff like that isn't skill ? 9999 dragon bones isn't skill nor luck it is time based , same goes for the insane. So where is your logic?
    Stuff

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hmmm...on the other hand...it isn't a meta achievement, right? It is luckbased? Why a FoS for being lucky? Maybe that is why they removed those FoS. Call them "Feast of luck" maybe?
    Well the heroic only mounts arent luck based unless your guild didnt have them on farm long enough for everyone to get one. It would be lucky if you got the Rag mount in normal wherei t really shouldnt have dropped. All the low droprate mounts I agree are luck based but then only 3 FoS mounts are not luck based(DW, LK, Yogg).

    The FoS criteria is a little inconsistent since the 3 drake OS mount was never a FoS like the equivalent mounts from Yogg and LK.

    I guess if you want to show you got your mount when it was hard you can link your heroic Rag or DW ach and tell people thats when you got it.

  3. #23
    Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    2,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Well the heroic only mounts arent luck based unless your guild didnt have them on farm long enough for everyone to get one. It would be lucky if you got the Rag mount in normal wherei t really shouldnt have dropped. All the low droprate mounts I agree are luck based but then only 3 FoS mounts are not luck based(DW, LK, Yogg).

    The FoS criteria is a little inconsistent since the 3 drake OS mount was never a FoS like the equivalent mounts from Yogg and LK.

    I guess if you want to show you got your mount when it was hard you can link your heroic Rag or DW ach and tell people thats when you got it.
    What do you mean, Arthas', Yogg's and Deathwing's mount aren't luck based? They were 100% drop rate when it was hard, but nowadays they're 1% like the others.

    I don't care about others seeing my mounts as long as I like them. I'd like opening my FoS tab, seeing the achievement for the Armored Razzashi Raptor and think "Aaah, yes, that took a lot of time to get!", and be proud of it once more. *Single tear drops while gazing the horizon*

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    What do you mean, Arthas', Yogg's and Deathwing's mount aren't luck based? They were 100% drop rate when it was hard, but nowadays they're 1% like the others.

    I don't care about others seeing my mounts as long as I like them. I'd like opening my FoS tab, seeing the achievement for the Armored Razzashi Raptor and think "Aaah, yes, that took a lot of time to get!", and be proud of it once more. *Single tear drops while gazing the horizon*
    You received the FoS when they were 100% drops and that was before Blizzard implemented the policy of reducing the drop chance on guaranteed heroic mount drops. Now they can be considered luck based but when they first came out, and you could get the FoS, they werent.

  5. #25
    Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    2,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    You received the FoS when they were 100% drops and that was before Blizzard implemented the policy of reducing the drop chance on guaranteed heroic mount drops. Now they can be considered luck based but when they first came out, and you could get the FoS, they werent.
    That's true for those three, but what about Deathcharger's Reins, Swift White Hawkstrider, even The Horseman's Reins? True, Rivendare's mount was 0.1% at first, but when Feats of Strenght were implemented it already got to 1% to pair up with others. And why give Headless Horseman's mount and Big Love Rocket a Feat of Strenght, if they are overall "easier" to get compared to others, since you find it in a bag not shared by anyone else?

  6. #26
    Stood in the Fire Wilhelm137's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    That's true for those three, but what about Deathcharger's Reins, Swift White Hawkstrider, even The Horseman's Reins? True, Rivendare's mount was 0.1% at first, but when Feats of Strenght were implemented it already got to 1% to pair up with others. And why give Headless Horseman's mount and Big Love Rocket a Feat of Strenght, if they are overall "easier" to get compared to others, since you find it in a bag not shared by anyone else?
    Before I get into anything else going to correct a few things. Rivendare's mount was .01% until about 3.2 which was quite a bit after the fos came out for it. Headless horseman's mount used to be much easier to get as you could just spam it before they changed it to a daily for the entire group....and yet even being easier then it still had a fos and is more deserving of one now when the chance of getting it is lower. Love rocket is by no means or ever was "easier" to get, that is right now the lowest droprate mount ingame with a .1% drop(as a mount collector I can tell you nothing else has that after the ony droprate buff, even sha/galleon are slightly higher).

    The reason why so many drop mounts don't give a fos is a mix of laziness of blizzard's part(they do not care for mount collectors at all and when they do they give reskins for achievements) and then just the pointlessness of it. Why should every drop mount have a fos tied to it? It loses all meaning of a fos when you can get 30+ fos just because you got lucky. The mounts themselves are enough of a reward, they do not need a fos tied to each and every one of them when people do not care about a meaningless achievement you can link when all people want to see is the mounts.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    That's true for those three, but what about Deathcharger's Reins, Swift White Hawkstrider, even The Horseman's Reins? True, Rivendare's mount was 0.1% at first, but when Feats of Strenght were implemented it already got to 1% to pair up with others. And why give Headless Horseman's mount and Big Love Rocket a Feat of Strenght, if they are overall "easier" to get compared to others, since you find it in a bag not shared by anyone else?
    I said it was inconsistent even when you did get a FoS for a lot of mounts. I dont know why they chose to make a feat for some and not others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    The reason why so many drop mounts don't give a fos is a mix of laziness of blizzard's part(they do not care for mount collectors at all and when they do they give reskins for achievements) and then just the pointlessness of it. Why should every drop mount have a fos tied to it? It loses all meaning of a fos when you can get 30+ fos just because you got lucky. The mounts themselves are enough of a reward, they do not need a fos tied to each and every one of them when people do not care about a meaningless achievement you can link when all people want to see is the mounts.
    One reason I just realized as to why they dont have an achievement for the new mounts is that there are so many of them. DS was a 9 encounter raid and dropped 3 mounts, FL 7 bosses 2 mounts. For the first tier there was AlAkir and 2 dungeon mounts and also rare spawn drops. Right now every world boss drops a mount even though instanced raids dont drop much. So instead of watering down your FoS list because of all the mounts they have added they just dont have achievements. They probably never realized that the rare mounts at the end of BC would be so common now after years of farming.

    Of course they added FoS for completing a raid on normal during the tier which is basically just to say "Hey I was in a guild and we raided." Something that could also be done by looking at the time stamp of a normal achievement.
    Last edited by Prokne; 2013-04-16 at 08:30 AM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Amazing what comes off as "lazy" these days. never mind faster content updates and all that...now they are lazy for not giving a FoS?
    You must be new here, faster content only came in MoP. The mounts in question date back to Wrath of the Lich King thus my accusation of them being lazy holds a lot of merit.

  9. #29
    The clutter would be unimaginable with the amount of rare drop rate mounts in the game. They used to be reasonably few and far between.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    The reason why so many drop mounts don't give a fos is a mix of laziness of blizzard's part(they do not care for mount collectors at all and when they do they give reskins for achievements) and then just the pointlessness of it. Why should every drop mount have a fos tied to it? It loses all meaning of a fos when you can get 30+ fos just because you got lucky. The mounts themselves are enough of a reward, they do not need a fos tied to each and every one of them when people do not care about a meaningless achievement you can link when all people want to see is the mounts.
    Well .. Kinda retarted opinion when there is so many worthless / pointless feats of strenght out there that just need you to login at a certain day (anniversary feats thers about 4 - 5 of them) The Christmass gifts (you even can get the '07 - '12 feats the years after by repeating dailys ..... How lame is that)
    And now blizzard even adds a shitload of feats of strenght for people that kill a boss on NORMAL before the next patch comes ? PVE PLZ ...
    So yes i would like to get an special feat of strenght for my 4/4 zull gurub mount collection. Whilst i only got credited for 2 outa for due to blizzard laziness.

  11. #31
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    16,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    So swift white , raven lord, and stuff like that isn't skill ? 9999 dragon bones isn't skill nor luck it is time based , same goes for the insane. So where is your logic?
    I was asking a question and as a poster below has pointed out, FoS seem inconsisten. Thus..not my logic at all. I got FoS for buying the CEs. That is neither luck nor time-based.

    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    You must be new here, faster content only came in MoP. The mounts in question date back to Wrath of the Lich King thus my accusation of them being lazy holds a lot of merit.
    Yup..I am new here...just signed up and started playing with patch 5.2 ^^
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •