Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry 372 Hours Played + 8989 Elite Kills (Not One Decent Item)

I know it's not as much as some people who have over 700 or 1,000 hours played on a single character, but I don't know how much more of this RNG itemization BS I can take.

I'm not rich and I don't have a lot of spare money to spend on the AH, and I'm not rich in the game either to the point where I can afford the Godly Tier items. However, that seems to be how you play this game properly, you just use the AH for profit or for gearing up.

I understand they want good items to be "rare" or what have you, but this is ridiculous. 372 hours played is the equivalent of 15 and a half days of playing without finding anything. I have found a few Legendary items but none of them were worth selling in the AH or more than a couple hundred thousand.

It was fun coming back at first because of the MP and all the other changes they made, but they still haven't fixed the beyond horrid RNG itemization system.

All of my upgrades, all of my 60 gear has had to come from the Gold AH. Either I have terrible luck, or this really is an AHPG (Auction House Player Game).

Deleted
    its sad to say this, bu it's always been a AHPG (Auction House Player Game).
    I have 470 Hours on my barb, and a total of 27k Elite kills on my account, Most Valuable item I managed to find was a 700dps weapon which I managed to get 5 million for before the big inferno nerf, since then nothing sells, and I have put trifector armor up for silly prices < 5000g

Got to the stage now where I Log on for 30 mins then log off. will see what the new patch brings, but until they fix the itemization I don't think I will be back playing diablo for anything more than an hour or so a week.

Yeah know that feeling, dont know how many hours played I got or anything, but not one single decent drop so far. I actually ended up buying gold on the money AH, but it was all a waste. Got the gold, bought some gear and grew tired of doing the same thing over and over again with no drops.. Everytime I get a legendary I'm so exited, just to find out its junk and wont sell at all.. So I quit and havent looked back for a couple of months.
    Its a good game and all, but it gets so tiresom when you feel no progress..
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I think everyone feels like that. I've had quit a few 1-5 million drops and like 4 above that inn around the same played as OP. 10k elite kills or something.

In the end I gave up farming much, but just to the point where I had semi-decent gear. Inn 1.0.7 I AH played, bought gear for 180 million gold very quickly, starting with no money, and saved up 250 million+ for next patch. I hope 1.0.8 will fix something, but it seems it brings no new itemzitation, content or gear...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Pretty much everyone I know rather plays the auction house than the game when it comes to actual upgrades at a point and just farm for paragon levels, craft mats or ubers. Of course there may be people who have the necessary luck but once you have to get easily 500 million for a sidegrade...no one in my friend list has the necessary luck with maybe one exception.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Pretty much everyone I know rather plays the auction house than the game when it comes to actual upgrades at a point and just farm for paragon levels, craft mats or ubers. Of course there may be people who have the necessary luck but once you have to get easily 500 million for a sidegrade...no one in my friend list has the necessary luck with maybe one exception.
    This. When the next hurdle is to great I useally give up. To upgrade my current gear (150k DPS CM Wizard, so somewhat average good) it will always require extremly good rolled drop that sell's for atleast 25 million gold to just get a slight upgrade.

Been like that many times for me trough, even early into the game...And then I grow bored

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    All of my upgrades, all of my 60 gear has had to come from the Gold AH. Either I have terrible luck, or this really is an AHPG (Auction House Player Game).
    I think you've answered your own question.

Diablo 3 is indeed a game based around the auction house. Quality of drops is lowered to accomodate for its existance, and thus easy access to high quality gear, because there is only one gigantic auction house per region. That is also why former Blizzard employee (who worked on Diablo 2) criticized Diablo 3 for being a gold hunting game instead of an item hunting game. He got a lot of angry responses from Blizzard employees, but recently even the lead designer on Diablo 3 admitted that the auction house really hurt the game at the core. It had a much bigger impact than they expected.

Anyway, I guess things are going the right way by introducing account bound crafting gear. But this game will probably remain far more based on gold (and thus the auction house) than its predecessors. So be prepared to buy gear instead of finding it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    I know it's not as much as some people who have over 700 or 1,000 hours played on a single character, but I don't know how much more of this RNG itemization BS I can take.

I'm not rich and I don't have a lot of spare money to spend on the AH, and I'm not rich in the game either to the point where I can afford the Godly Tier items. However, that seems to be how you play this game properly, you just use the AH for profit or for gearing up.

I understand they want good items to be "rare" or what have you, but this is ridiculous. 372 hours played is the equivalent of 15 and a half days of playing without finding anything. I have found a few Legendary items but none of them were worth selling in the AH or more than a couple hundred thousand.

It was fun coming back at first because of the MP and all the other changes they made, but they still haven't fixed the beyond horrid RNG itemization system.

I managed to get 1 legendary bow (1200 dps) that sold for 50 euro before the inferno nerf patch has been released. That was 8 or 9 months ago, not one decent item that sold on normal AH (RMAH died with inferno nerf patch) for more than 3 milion.

I have around 750+ hours spend on a total of 2 characters, most expensive item ive found sold for 450m+... RNG is RNG

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrix View Post
    I have around 750+ hours spend on a total of 2 characters, most expensive item ive found sold for 450m+... RNG is RNG
    RNG is RNG - that line could have passed perhaps 8 months ago, but when someone plays the game for almost a year, for few hours per week and gets 1 or 2 really good items, just not for his class, its a shitty design.

Well someone IS finding that gear we are buying...

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    NP we got the auction house that's what Diablo is all about right?? RIGHT JAY WILSON?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    Well someone IS finding that gear we are buying...
    If not.. *puts tinfoil hat on*.. blizzard puts those items there to earn money on the RMAH! Aaand to keep people playing the game!
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Dunno, it works for me.

Found in 1100 hours playtime about 1 or 2 billion worth of items (using half of them so i dont know exactly what i would get in the ah). Never used RMAH, never will, no need.

Spend about 10k hours in d2 and wow each so i don´t consider 1k as much.

I guess if you're one of those who's getting like 100mil xp per hour grinding paragon lvls will unavoidably get some super good items. Personally I've gotten mostly drops worth 1-5mill and on one rare occasion I got an item worth 28 mill.

I sold a ring for 300m, with ~100 hours played and level 10 paragon. RNG is RNG. New itemization will hopefully make it more forgiving tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I sold a ring for 300m, with ~100 hours played and level 10 paragon. RNG is RNG. New itemization will hopefully make it more forgiving tho.
    Yea, one can hope so. Had a mate loot a 200 million drop. From what I know he has barely played the game that much, Bought some gear prio to 1.5, got bored and I haven't seen him log on before when I atleast are on. RNG is truely RNG, its just that the RNG seems to favour bad luck overall.

Atleast inn Diablo2 finding drops seemt more doable, exspect really crazy items like High runes or sertain items.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2013-04-15 at 06:27 PM.

1. You are farming inefficiently. You should average at least 60 elites/hour.

2. 9k elite kills is too low to blame randomness. Especially with your strict requirements for items.

3. You found hundreds of decent items. It's just your expectations that were too high.

A lot of players blame blizzard for bad drop.
    They don't understand that "bad drop rate" is not blizzard's fault. It's players' fault.
    Hundreds of thousands of players are playing this game, spending millions of hours a day farming. They find and put on AH millions of new items a day.

In such environment STATS ON ITEMS DO NOT MATTER. THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS DROP CHANCE.

Blizzard can increase drop rate of items that you consider to be "good, rare and worth selling on ah for few hundred thousands". And they already did it several times.
    But after increasing drop rate they become worthless almost immediately.

And people like you will go to forums asking to increase drop chance of "good items" again.

Forget about legendaries, forget about amount of stats on items, forget about rng.
    You are selling your work. You are working as chinese farmer and your work is cheap. And even worst - you are competing with hundreds of thousands of players doing the same job, ready to sell their time even cheaper than you.

You average hourly rate is 1m gold/hour. Even less, considering that you are pretty bad farmer. 200m item is way above your average hourly rate. No wonder that you've never seen it.

Imagine a situation that a guaranteed "200m worth" item dropped after every 9k elite kills. It roughly means that every day 10k new items were added to economy. Would people still pay 200m for such items? Would YOU pay 200m(50 euro) for it? And why don't you have so much gold to pay for it?

It's really simple math. Abstract away from "item decency" and you'll understand why average person won't be able to find and sell an item for hundreds of millions after few weeks of farming.

RNG is def RNG, but it is crazy when coupled with stupid stats. Chance to blind, fear, stun, freeze, extra gold, mf, dumb opposite main stats on class specific gear, etc. then mix in the range of values for dps on weapons and it is ridiculous.

If RNG was random values on GOOD stats, I think most people would be ok with that. As it is... lottery comes to mind. Powerball sized. And you have to win the Powerball 13 times for your slots.

The problem is not RnG. The problem is the trifecta, and white dmg being so important. It is a limited number of pcs that drop for "bis" that people search for. Then you can also craft. The minute that crafting came into play it negated half the drops. You no longer need Vile Ward for shoulders. You can make bracers that pretty much negate Lacuni prowlers(almost).

currently i am paragon 27, pretty decently geared DH, after recently staring to play right after crafted gear. Will be making my first hellfire ring soon. I prefer a Windforce on myself and Scoundrel to Manticore. Two options thats it for my main weapon dps. So when you factor all the possible drops for just say legendaries, plus I can only use so many, and they have to role astronomical stats plus a socket.

I bought all the stuff I have. I had a Dawn drop for me early today. It's actually viable in several bola shot tanky builds but had no socket and only 800 white dmg.

Now i am not bitching. I have a lot to do in the game. Build hellfire for DH and barb. Try to gear the barb, which sad to say meant salvaging tons of blues and rares to craft chest, gloves , bracers, amulet, and shoulders.

WE are all searching for mostly the same few pcs even for our followers. All they have to do is implement a few new legionaries every few months. Make them more powerful. Make them able to be changed, say crafting something on it, similar to reforging but only on those pcs. Old diablo was a gear grind but there was no AH when you implement an AH and crafted items, you have to start implementing newer items(think WoW) or the game becomes way to stale.

New items are the only thing that can make the game better at this point in my opinion. But like I said i took a break and I am having fun crafting a few hellfires. Hoping something comes along before I am finished.