Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

New dyes + Molten Alliance Pick in Gem Store

New dyes available for purchase and infinite use mining pick now in gem store.
    Mining pick has a new animation - Molten rock engulfs the node and lava spews up around it.

Grabbed from Reddit.

The pick costs 800 gems. The Flame or Frost dye pack costs 500 gems. Of course, the gold to gem conversion rate has no shot up through the roof.

Deleted
    An infinite uses mining pick?
    So far for selling cosmetic stuff only. Guessing times are hard at A-net HQ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    An infinite uses mining pick?
    So far for selling cosmetic stuff only. Guessing times are hard at A-net HQ.
    Reddit quotes:

At current gem prices the Molten Alliance Mining Pick costs 20.5 gold (800 gems). That equates to 512.5 Orichalcum Mining Picks at vendor price (4s each) or 51,250 uses.

Unlimited pick, for all levels, all metals, and all of time! It's so cool!
    BONUS: It makes lava spouts when you mine!

Sounds pretty cosmetic to me, at least I won't be mining 51250 times soon.

Deleted
    i dont mind it either they only sell effiency..

yea its not like ppl are gonna buy just one and keep shifting it through all there characters, is it account bound? anyway im sure ppl will eat it up, i would want one of those but ill stick with not spending money on gems, and i gotta save my gold for my legendary so wont be converting for it either.

Not seeing how this Mining Pick goes against ANets word. You just wont have to buy anymore pickaxes and what is the price of one Orich Pickaxe? 4s?

Oh wow, an unlimited use account/soul bound on use gathering tool. Would actually make more money in the long run buying that thing.

Thank goodness, I am a cheap-o and bought karma picks in bulk rather than waste gold on vendor picks. Because that was kinda 6-7 months of being ripped off otherwise!

And what is that $10? For how much in equivalent gold saved over time at conversion costs?

Quite the powerful item. A direct buy power item in the cash shop. Interesting. I shall buy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The pick animation.

There's an entire segment of players that won't buy the pick - WvW players won't want to expose their location, haha. Thinking of those rich Ori veins in the EB JP.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-04-15 at 12:16 PM.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Sounds pretty cosmetic to me, at least I won't be mining 51250 times soon.
    As an altoholic I don't see how this item would benefit me. It's convenience to never have to buy mining picks again, but tacked with the inconvenience of having to continually swap it between alts. Combined with how many times you'd have to mine for it to even pay for itself, I think I'll stick to store bought.

Edit: Nevermind. Looking at that video it appears the pick soulbinds itself on use. It therefore has zero value to me whatsoever. :P

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Of course, the gold to gem conversion rate has no shot up through the roof.
    *sigh* I wish I'd bought more gems when they were still ~2g per 100. I'm afraid they're never going to go back down to that exchange rate now. I really underestimated the amount of foolish people who burned 300g+ on BLKs for a chance at the fused weapon skins and combined with everything else there just hasn't been a long enough 'rest' period for prices to fall.

I hope those 12 new dyes aren't account/soulbound and that there will be a chance of buying them separately from players in the TP. I'm not spending almost 2g per dye pack for an RNG chance to get them. -_-

Can't believe people are saying the mining pic is going to break "gold sinks".

orichalcum cost 4 silver. You make 4 silver by standing in lions arch picking your nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post

I hope those 12 new dyes aren't account/soulbound and that there will be a chance of buying them separately from players in the TP. I'm not spending almost 2g per dye pack for an RNG chance to get them. -_-
    You can buy the new dyes on the Trading Post. So far, they are going for 7 to 18 gold each. That is sure to go down eventually unless the dyes packs themselves are limited time only as well just like molten mining pick is as well.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Can't believe people are saying the mining pic is going to break "gold sinks".

orichalcum cost 4 silver. You make 4 silver by standing in lions arch picking your nose.
    I agree that it isn't going to break gold sinks. This mining pick is the ultimate gold sink.
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2013-04-15 at 03:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new dyes have more gradation/contrast. Shows off the detail in your armor better.

Salmon compared to Flame:
    http://i.imgur.com/ChMAqyd.jpg
    Valar morghulis

meh, any new armor skins in the shop yet?

I'm kind of surprised they haven't had stuff like the mining picks in earlier. Seems like the perfect stuff to put in there, useful but not necessary if you don't want to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    meh, any new armor skins in the shop yet?

I'm kind of surprised they haven't had stuff like the mining picks in earlier. Seems like the perfect stuff to put in there, useful but not necessary if you don't want to get it.
    LOL I was thinking about the dyes but my little sister calling the game "Trench-coat Wars 2" had me cracking up too much.

They really need to add a lot more things to the cash shop. So bland.

dem gem prices.

Aaaaaaannnnnd ANet unsurprisingly steps over the line they oh so carefully bordered for months, breaking yet another promise... (Not have the gem store offer anything that provides an in-game advantage) Oh manifesto - is there a single line uttered that has not been complete bullshit?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    LOL I was thinking about the dyes but my little sister calling the game "Trench-coat Wars 2" had me cracking up too much.
    Lol. Poor medium armor wearers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    dem gem prices.

Aaaaaaannnnnd ANet unsurprisingly steps over the line they oh so carefully bordered for months, breaking yet another promise... (Not have the gem store offer anything that provides an in-game advantage) Oh manifesto - is there a single line uttered that has not been complete bullshit?
    Where do you see anything that offers an in-game advantage?
    Valar morghulis

Indeed, I don't see any advantage gotten. I mean I think the mining picks are overpriced but that is up to the individual to determine the worth to them.

It also binds on use, so you can't swap it between alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    dem gem prices.

Lol. Poor medium armor wearers.
    An infinite mining pick offers an in game advantage? Seriously, you're just grasping at straws. Oh no, it gave me an advantage over the other guy because he has to buy it with silver and his runs out. The horror!!!! I'm so OP now!!!! Seriously...that is just ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd have to mine over 50,000 times to break even with buying the vendor picks at 4s80c.

It's strictly a vanity item.
    Valar morghulis