Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Erishkigal View Post
    People worry too much about BIS, It only matters when you're farming for the next tier and even then it gets invalidated on the next tier release anyways. Immediate upgrades are much more useful for progression.
    Personally in my raid (10 man, just starting HM) I don't care if something is BiS for a specific person, it goes to whoever it is the biggest upgrade. If that happens to be the person who is is BiS for great, if not, too bad.

People talk about BiS and off pieces for tier, but until everyone that needs that piece has the same ilvl in the gear slot it really doesn't matter.
    Last edited by dkdk; 2013-04-17 at 02:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erishkigal View Post
    People worry too much about BIS, It only matters when you're farming for the next tier and even then it gets invalidated on the next tier release anyways. Immediate upgrades are much more useful for progression.
    It's just a little part of the theorycrafting world, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by dkdk View Post
    Personally in my raid (10 man, just starting HM) I don't care if something is BiS for a specific person, it goes to whoever it is the biggest upgrade. If that happens to be the person who is is BiS for great, if not, too bad.

People talk about BiS and off pieces for tier, but until everyone that needs that piece has the same ilvl in the gear slot it really doesn't matter.
    This works great if the only thing you care about is the very next boss on progression. As soon as you kill that boss, and more gear drops, though, you are in a different world. If you're in a non-world first guild and you aren't going to be on H: Lei Shen or Ra-den for what... 5-6 more weeks? Then getting upgrades to people that it will benefit the most long-term, and who won't immediately replace those items, is going to help you a lot more in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by broodax View Post
    This works great if the only thing you care about is the very next boss on progression. As soon as you kill that boss, and more gear drops, though, you are in a different world. If you're in a non-world first guild and you aren't going to be on H: Lei Shen or Ra-den for what... 5-6 more weeks? Then getting upgrades to people that it will benefit the most long-term, and who won't immediately replace those items, is going to help you a lot more in the long run.
    Every fight is progress for us, and the difference between BiS and a different same ilvl item in that slot is not big enough to say its worth doing over a 20+ ilvl upgrade for someone else. There is no guarantee that anything will drop for the person you just skipped over, so I see that as a net loss for the raid.

In a perfect world we would all get all of our BiS gear, but that's never going to happen, so giving minor upgrades to people because the are BiS over someone who it would be a much larger upgrade for is just dumb imo.
    Last edited by dkdk; 2013-04-17 at 04:15 PM.