Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Buying old accounts to fuse them with his own via Battle.net - getting out of hand.

A lot of people on my server, and even in my guild are buying old accounts (before the battle.net merge happened) and fuse them with their own with just one click. Hackers are selling them for 50-150€ and you basically never know whats inside, it could you nothing but also a character with rare achievements, titles, mounts or pets, a lot of honorable kills or with several millions gold.

I contacted a GM about this issue, reporting everything I know... well, he said that this is "impossible" for wether reason.

Don't know business with unmerged accounts has been around so long you will unlikely see a solution - just as for botting. I never really got though why they did just allow to merge wow licenses with battle.net accounts under different names but hey I suppose a subscription is a subscription.

Out of hand? As if there are 1000s of unmerged accounts... And the ones that are, are pretty worthless. Buying an account with level 70 chars is not really useful, is it?

Depends on the individual - that's 70 less levels to grind :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Out of hand? As if there are 1000s of unmerged accounts... And the ones that are, are pretty worthless. Buying an account with level 70 chars is not really useful, is it?
    its not for chars but for achivements , mounts and stuff , like that 70 can have scarab lord for example

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    its not for chars but for achivements , mounts and stuff , like that 70 can have scarab lord for example
    Yes, but the OP says you never know what you get. The chance of getting a special achievement is very slim, and scarab lord is virtually impossible (people with that achievement won't be selling their accounts for 50-150 euro), so I really doubt many people engage in this. I think the OP lost the bid for an account or bought one which turned out to be empty and hopes for some revenge.

Deleted
    Yes, but the OP says you never know what you get. The chance of getting a special achievement is very slim, and scarab lord is virtually impossible (people with that achievement won't be selling their accounts for 50-150 euro), so I really doubt many people engage in this. I think the OP lost the bid for an account or bought one which turned out to be empty and hopes for some revenge.
    These accounts arent willingly selled but hacked. The price is judged by the account creation date. An account created in vanilla is more worth than one in WotLK, for example. And my guildies got only good staff in the accounts they bought... millions of gold (even tho its on other servers, but easy to switch due to expensive pets), 400-500k HKs and so on.

Dont comment on something you've no idea about.

blizzard removed the policies that prevent merging an account with a different owner name than the bnet one?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    blizzard removed the policies that prevent merging an account with a different owner name than the bnet one?
    there was never one.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    These accounts arent willingly selled but hacked. The price is judged by the account creation date. An account created in vanilla is more worth than one in WotLK, for example. And my guildies got only good staff in the accounts they bought... millions of gold (even tho its on other servers, but easy to switch due to expensive pets), 400-500k HKs and so on.
    How can you hack non merged accounts? You can't even login to them, you won't know they exist unless you have the cd-key. And millions of gold and 400-500HK on level 70 accounts that no one plays any more? Highly unlikely, these again are accounts that would have been sold by the owner for a lot more (or the gold would be sold of separately (or given away)). I think your guildies are pulling your leg.

Good that you report them btw, as it's obviously not allowed to buy or sell accounts.

Dont comment on something you've no idea about.
    I can comment on whatever I want, thank you very much.

And millions of gold and 400-500HK on level 70 accounts that no one plays any more? Highly unlikely, these again are accounts that would have been sold by the owner for a lot more (or the gold would be sold of separately (or given away)). I think your guildies are pulling your leg.
    I would tend to agree, the gold your average player had amassed in BC would look very paltry by todays game standards.

The best case scenario for titles would be classic BG titles, and Hand of Adal / Naaru type stuff, and if you get lucky collectors edition pets...

Hah the websites selling this stuff try and make you think you have serious chances of getting stuff like Tier 3 geared chars and seasonal gladiators.

A fool and his money are soon parted, as the saying goes.

Also if you look into it, a pretty good amount of them end up being banned, because who would have thought that suddenly tying 5 very old accounts to your B-net would have sent up a flag as suspicious huh?
    Last edited by Maelle; 2013-04-15 at 01:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    there was never one.
    i think he was confusing it with the fact to trasnfer a character from one account to another you need the same name address etc or it won't let you, not the same case for battle net merges?

I once had my account hacked and every single one of my characters moved to a german server, I got my account back and them all moved back for free. Congrats to whoever hacked / bought my hacked account and wasted £150.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    A lot of people on my server, and even in my guild are buying old accounts (before the battle.net merge happened) and fuse them with their own with just one click. Hackers are selling them for 50-150€ and you basically never know whats inside, it could you nothing but also a character with rare achievements, titles, mounts or pets, a lot of honorable kills or with several millions gold.

I contacted a GM about this issue, reporting everything I know... well, he said that this is "impossible" for wether reason.
    How is this effecting you? If it isn't effecting your gameplay, why would you report?

I could care less to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    I once had my account hacked and every single one of my characters moved to a german server, I got my account back and them all moved back for free. Congrats to whoever hacked / bought my hacked account and wasted £150.
    I doubt that they paid for these services.
    Quote Originally Posted by BossChef View Post
    How is this effecting you? If it isn't effecting your gameplay, why would you report?
    There is no reason not to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    I doubt that they paid for these services.

There is no reason not to.
    it came up in my transaction history that they had, htere was no other realm to xfer characters to that new realm either.

they might have been able to get some sort of refund, but not sure.

My old unmerged account with tons of Feats of Strength, rank12, Realm Firsts etc. is lost due to.. circumstances. Someone lucky might stumble upon it
    Last edited by tejpis; 2013-04-15 at 03:30 PM.

achievements and such are actually BNET ACCOUNT wide now, to prevent people from buying a character off a super account for achievements mounts and pets. tried transferring a character from my account to my brother's for his bday, he got nothing. sent in a ticket and they explained it to me, got a refund

of course if there are still unmerged accounts around, those work.... but i dont think its possible for those to really get out of hand, since they are limited in number

Edit: typo

ZG tiger....Ooooh me want.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    achievements and such are actually BNET ACCOUNT wide now, to prevent people from buying a character off a super account for achievements mounts and pets. tried transferring a character from my account to my brother's for his bday, he got nothing. sent in a ticket and they explained it to me, got a refund

of course if there are still unmerged accounts around, those work.... but i dont think its possible for those to really get out of hand, since they are limited in number

Edit: typo
    "Limited in number" is false. Blizzard stated that 3x more people quitted the game than are currently playing in one of their quartal reports. Even if a fraction of it would be unmerged accounts, we could assume that there are ~ 1mil around.

Deleted
    so you're jealous?