Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Yes, the sword is BiS for HUMAN Fire Mages (not Frost or Arcane). The dagger is just inches behind it, and the wand just barely behind that too (again, purely for Fire)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

From a performanc point of view, yeah it is good.

But dude you aint a mage from heart, otherwise you wouldnt even consider thinking about using something that has spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by hardtotarget View Post
    1*This sword is not mage BiS(we dont use items with spirit)
    2*For mage BiS is Nadagast's Exsanguinator with really low drop rate from bosses or Venomlord's Totemic Wand till you get something better
    obviously you don't understand how valuable some pieces are to us even if they have spirit on them. even last tier, the elite heroic spirit ring was viable because of how good it was even though it gave spirit, so yes we DO use spirit in certain situation.
    and most guilds know that an upgrade to a dps is more of an upgrade to a healer.
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    and most guilds know that an upgrade to a dps is more of an upgrade to a healer.
    Well, its not that easy. If you're in 10 and you're 3 healing everything, DD sure do have priority over healers but only IF your healers are fine with healing fights. If they are struggling while doing everything right, you need to gear healers a little. If you're two-healing in 10, its almost the same, but with more shift into gear and skill of your healers to decide whether they are doing fine or they need upgrades. If you're running 25, looks like your healers almost don't need gear at all, because of freaking tons of support heals and stuff. If you're running a 10 and have Disc priest, gear only disc priest (almost the same with holy palas, but that bastards anyway will be geared quickly due to no competition over armor pieces). Something like that.
    On topic: sword is good, even with spirit. What's even better is the lack of competition over it. Me thinks Blizzard are phat liars, firstly denying Agi swords for rogues/monks because of "we don't like to make a gear for two specs", and then actually making a gear for two specs - this sword.

or go worgen and get 1% crit all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Grumash View Post
    or go worgen and get 1% crit all the time
    If you can tolerate the god-awful animations. I just can't stomach it.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Just to add - this is also BiS for Gnome mages, who via shortblade specialization have the same +1% to expertise from using 1h swords that humans do.

Every xpack the hit races are great for the first tier then meh for the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by tubawizard View Post
    I wouldn't mind, if the http://www.wowhead.com/item=95506 would drop from a bonus roll! But if the Spirit Sword from Jin'rokh drops, there indeed is a good chance I can be one of the wearers of that.

Thanks for all your anwsers!
    Literally just got http://www.wowhead.com/item=96610 LAST NIGHT off of a bonus roll on Jin'Rokh Heroic. I was super stoked as I was replacing http://www.wowhead.com/item=94922.

lucky you but honestly unless I can get the lei shen offhand or raden boots I would be almost 1% over hit cap with that weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Henzington View Post
    lucky you but honestly unless I can get the lei shen offhand or raden boots I would be almost 1% over hit cap with that weapon.
    Yea, the Lei Shen offhand is nice for keeping hit in check. Not to mention both your MH and OH have blue sockets which usually means 160 hit each. Not a good combination for you. Works great for me

Quote Originally Posted by Henzington View Post
    I coined the dagger and the offhand last week both heroic tf and I'm still over hit cap. /life

Quote Originally Posted by vadya View Post
    Just to add - this is also BiS for Gnome mages, who via shortblade specialization have the same +1% to expertise from using 1h swords that humans do.
    While this is helpful, there was no need to 70-day necro this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jlwvolsfanjr View Post
    couldnt you just be a gnome and take the dagger and also you rly think your group is going to let you have it for dps when healers would need it more
    It's worth noting that the gnome racial "Shortblade Specialization" also grants hit for 1 handed swords.