Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    25-man lags me all to hell, which isn't very fun. Other than that, it trivializes mechanics and pugs are a wildly mixed bag to deal with

  2. #42
    Pit Lord Frolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Norway, Lørenskog
    Posts
    2,273
    I dont hate LFR itself, i hate the ppl wiping the raid due to stupidity or for their own fun (ppl wiping raids for fun needs to die)
    I put the laughter in manslaughter
    Blood DK problems: to many ppl at daily place, cant pull 8packs *cries*
    BF3>CoD Cola>Pepsi PC>Mac Xbox>PS3

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    I dont hate LFR itself, i hate the ppl wiping the raid due to stupidity or for their own fun (ppl wiping raids for fun needs to die)
    ...you can actually wipe in LFR?

    Dear god, I never knew

  4. #44
    The worst part of LFR, for me, is the queue times. I would use LFR so much more if i didn't have 30-60 min queue times as dps. I always miss the queue or don't want to do it when it finally pops.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    ...you can actually wipe in LFR?

    Dear god, I never knew
    Any boss with an insta-kill mechanic, so basically Durumu

  6. #46
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,809
    it's one of the best ways to gear up, saying anything at all significantly increases your chance of being kicked from the group, and the queue times can be ridiculously long

    sometimes you get grouped with hopeless people

    i don't really hate it, but those are my reasons for not liking it as much as i would
    You get a thumbs up, pat on the back and a "way to go" from your label every day, looking boy
    Hey, looking boy, what you say looking boy? I get a "hell yeah" from Dre, looking boy
    I work for everything I have, never asked nobody for shit. Get outta my face, looking boy


  7. #47
    Legendary! Garots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    King's Landing
    Posts
    6,383
    It's mainly the crappy players that negatively impact LFR.

  8. #48
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue The Shaman View Post
    Everyone seems to hate LFR. Yet everyone does it... If it's that bad don't do it. I think LFR is good for players who...
    1) dont have time to do the content with a guild/PuG
    2) want to experience the content in an easier quicker fashion
    3) need to learn how to raid
    I do LFR and don't have any problems with it.
    LFR doesn't teach you to fucking raid, It teaches you to sit there with your thumb up your you know what while you watch youtube for the sake of free loot. The only boss that even remotely teaches you anything atm is eye ball monster because maze is hard.

  9. #49
    1. The fights are boring as sin once declawed like that.
    2. The people in them are, by and large, frustratingly dumb.
    3. If they're released too quickly, they're just goddamn spoilers. It ruins the fights in normals to see them beforehand in LFR. Wish I was in a group good enough for that to not be an issue, but I'm a social gamer at heart and wouldn't leave my friends behind.


    Thankfully I took my lumps last tier and had a high enough ilvl at patch release to not have to touch ToT LFR on my main. My alts aren't quite as lucky, and as a result I've quit playing a lot of my alts (not good enough for normals, but I cba with LFR or 5.0 raids).

    It's good for other people, and I like that Blizz went out of their way to not make me required do it for 5.2. So I don't hate its existence and am fine with other people getting their kicks in LFR, but I hate doing it personally.

    Although I do say that it seems like Blizz is pushing LFR, instead of new dungeons, for alt gearing. So that kinda blows. I used to have a bunch of alts lined up ready for at least some light raiding, and it was fun to me to be able to mix it up.

  10. #50
    The Lightbringer malletin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    denmark
    Posts
    3,179
    the only thing i hate about LFR is RNG ( okay thats everywhere ) and the people who blows up at even the slightest of mistakes.
    "any man shaving for a woman should relinquish ownership of his testicles aswell"

  11. #51
    I enjoy LFR quite a bit, I don't have the guaranteed time to raid a regular schedule, but I have enough time for impromptu raids. It may not be exactly like regular raiding, it's not with a group of friends or a guild, it may be that you can ignore the mechanics to a degree, it may be that there are sub-par players in there. But I enjoy it. It's like a giant 5-man dungeon to me, you can't completely ignore all mechanics, you can't be completely bad and you can generally have a good time. Yeah, there are people who are elitists or get pissed off easily, but I either report them immediately (that feature gets a lot of use) or ignore them - why should my gaming enjoyment be hindered by other people?

    I can see that others don't like it for the reason that people can faceroll for similar gear, but if you're that concerned about bytes on a server/pixels on a screen, perhaps you need to evaluate what's important to you. Yeah, I raided in BC, Wrath and in Cata and I think LFR is sweet, mostly because you get out of it what you put into it

  12. #52
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,059
    LFR is amazing and horrible at the same time. It is one of the best and worst things added to the game.

    LFR brings out the absolute worst in the community though.

  13. #53
    I don't hate it. I, however, strongly resent that I'm more or less forced to do it every week if I want the item level to pug into 10-man raids or otherwise progress my characters beyond a smattering of rep gear. I actually enjoy the first two or three runs, when I'm still learning the fights, but when I get onto my second or third month of running every week (and seeing loot maybe once every other week because the RNG hates me) I get very weary of it. It stops being fun and starts being a chore with a ridiculously long queue time.

    It wouldn't be too bad if people were polite and did their jobs to the best of their ability. Instead, I get two or three a run loudly bragging about how awesome their DPS or HPS is, spamming meters after every pull, and how everyone else should l2p, a handful AFKing (some of which will come back for the last fight just to brag about how they're AFKing and you can't stop them from getting free loot,) a couple of "healers" who don't even have have a healing spec who just chose + for the quick queue (and who blame the people actually healing not being overgeared enough to carry them when we wipe due to not having enough heals,) a priest life gripping people into one-shot mechanics and trying to get them kicked for "standing in bad," and a tank who refuses to taunt or follow anything resembling mechanics and then whines about the other tank and/or healers being bad and trying to get them kicked because they died and you're not supposed to die in LFR. (And, half the time, the raid will, indeed, kick the tank who was doing their job because mob mentality.)

    Not to mention that, to me, DPSing or healing a 25-man feels less like actually playing and more like beating on a target dummy. In 10 or 5 man, I can see my effort directly; in 25, it's such a small part of the whole that it feels like I'm pretty redundant. (And I don't tank for randomized pugs anymore, so I won't be tanking LFR.)

  14. #54
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnshadow View Post
    mob mentality.)
    This deserves some more hate. I remember back in dragon soul I queued into an LFR on maddness and there was this priest wiping the group by starting the encounter before the group was full and/or people still getting ready. Some idiot started shouting for this guy to be kicked and that person did get kicked only to find out it was an innocent person who was kicked. The guy trolling the raid started laughing at the people kicking the wrong person and wiped the raid again.

    A lot of people in LFR are sheep.

  15. #55
    Immortal Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    7,364
    Trolling in LFR is it's only redeemable quality for me, yes I've been on both ends of that trolling.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue The Shaman View Post
    Everyone seems to hate LFR. Yet everyone does it... If it's that bad don't do it. I think LFR is good for players who...
    1) dont have time to do the content with a guild/PuG
    2) want to experience the content in an easier quicker fashion
    3) need to learn how to raid
    I do LFR and don't have any problems with it.
    kids like to feel like unique snowflakes. The more people who do something, the less special they feel. It is exactly the same thing as if a hard to get mount was suddenly made easier... you would get the same reaction ( I did it when it was hard).

    I enjoy LFR, I don´t consider it real raiding because there simply is no coordination.. but the big thing is, raiders should never complain about LFR because without LFR, we would be getting a ton of 5 man dungeons instead of 12 boss raids. The only reason we are getting big raids quickly is because LFR justifies their development cost.

    But yeah, the real reason they hate it is just becasue of the special snowflake syndrome. They want to say they killed Galaron and have 90% of the population go óooh... ahh´... instead now you have 90% of the population saying ´me too´...

  17. #57
    LFR was a way for blizzard to keep subs and make money while keeping the masses who dont raid, for w/e reasons, busy in "endgame content". Its just smart business regardless of how anyone feels.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue The Shaman View Post
    Everyone seems to hate LFR. Yet everyone does it... If it's that bad don't do it. I think LFR is good for players who...
    1) dont have time to do the content with a guild/PuG
    2) want to experience the content in an easier quicker fashion
    3) need to learn how to raid
    I do LFR and don't have any problems with it.
    1. Then don't do it just like you tell us to not do it.

    2. I'd be fine with an easier mode if it didn't overrule 95% of the boss mechanic. Some 5man dungeons provide more challenge then LFR.

    3. That's bullshit, you don't learn how to raid by doing a boss where all mechanics can be ignored. Nor do you learn how to prepare your character or work as a team.

    I hate lfr because I am forced to do it if I want to get the best out of my character...even if I raid heroic I still have to do it to get upgrades for some slots. Remove loot from LFR or downgrade the Ilvl, then I'm fine with it.

    Aslong lfr doesn't affect my gameplay (which it does as it is right now) I couldn't care less about it.

  19. #59
    1) It's 25-man. I hate 25-mans.
    2) Blizzard's using its very existence to justify making normals harder.
    3) Because of 2, PuGs are virtually non-existant.

    Conclusion: The very existence of LFR means that someone like me who can't join a raiding guild (my schedule's too erratic) is left with LFR as their ONLY option. That's why I hate it.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    LFR is amazing and horrible at the same time. It is one of the best and worst things added to the game.

    LFR brings out the absolute worst in the community though.
    Some people claim that it's a vocal minority that hate lfr. I don't think that's true, I think that a majority of players truly dislike the lfr experience, but it feels necessary. I'm in a fairly casual guild, we're only 7 bosses into ToT normal atm. I feel like I need to run lfr, for the extra legendary drops, the chances at tier items, and because the drops are better than the normal drops of the previous tier.

    LFR is a good way to gear up, and get a look at the new fights and their mechanics. But the other people make it suck: there's always at least 2 that make chat unbearable, there's always a few that are more afk then they are actually at their keyboards, there's the people that completely ignore mechanics because "why should they try when no one else is" etc etc etc.

    The fights are so dumbed down, that people can ignore most of the mechanics, and if they don't ignore them, then there's nothing for healers to do. People think that lfr experience = raiding experience. It's bad enough when someone gets pugged and they constantly say "in my guild we do it like this," I actually had a pug the other day complain about wiping 5 times on boss because, "In lfr we only wipe once."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •