Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    I don't hate LFR, but I do wish it wasn't just a giant troll fest & People would actually try to listen to the people explaining the fight mechanics.
    I'm neither Pro or Anti Flying, I just have a different opinion on the matter.

Mask it any way you want but the truth of the matter is LFR was made for bad players.

"But I don't have time!" I feel bad for you son but you're still a bad player. We all start as bad players. No shame in being a bad player unless you're bad because you're just a flat out moron.

For me, I liked having a bigger reason to learn my class and mechanics. To get better. One of those reasons was seeing the instance. Exploring. Seeing the next wing after spending a raid night on one boss.

Now I don't HAVE to earn it which was FUN to me. I can simply hit a queue button and I can see it all. And quite frankly, I am less impressed with the design and graphics when it's handed to me like that.

I took a break but I'll be back for PVP because now I have a reason to grief players. The matter of fact is there are many players who can't live without LFR so chances are I'll run into them.

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    Mask it any way you want but the truth of the matter is LFR was made for bad players.

"But I don't have time!" I feel bad for you son but you're still a bad player. We all start as bad players. No shame in being a bad player unless you're bad because you're just a flat out moron.

For me, I liked having a bigger reason to learn my class and mechanics. To get better. One of those reasons was seeing the instance. Exploring. Seeing the next wing after spending a raid night on one boss.

Now I don't HAVE to earn it which was FUN to me. I can simply hit a queue button and I can see it all. And quite frankly, I am less impressed with the design and graphics when it's handed to me like that.

I took a break but I'll be back for PVP because now I have a reason to grief players. The matter of fact is there are many players who can't live without LFR so chances are I'll run into them.
    How's the view from up there on that high horse of yours? Just because someone doesn't have time to raid now it doesn't mean they're a bad player. This game is not even remotely difficult, you can spend 5 minutes reading about your class and another 5 minutes setting up your hotbars and off you go, it's not complex at all, even for healers.

I think the thing with LFR is, it pretty much creates bad raiders that attempt to transition into normal modes. It teaches you things like standing in the bad stuff is ok, not interrupting stuff is ok, tunneling a boss while his adds attack healers is ok..... that kinda stuff, and then when they go into normal modes it's pretty much a 180 from what they are used to.... you actually have to learn mechanics and such.

I did Lei Shen the other day, everyone was wiping and I told them to either take 10 minutes to watch a video or read the dungeon journal so we don't have to spend a few hours wiping, instead these guys decided to spend a few hours wiping until enough people left that the group finally got filled up with enough people that knew the fight that could carry the guys that still didn't want to read up on the mechanics.

LFR is great for people that have very little time to raid though, or those that just want to see the boss, but don't expect to learn much from it. I do think they should change the quality of the gear though to blue, as it's pretty much set up that you beat the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    How's the view from up there on that high horse of yours? Just because someone doesn't have time to raid now it doesn't mean they're a bad player. This game is not even remotely difficult, you can spend 5 minutes reading about your class and another 5 minutes setting up your hotbars and off you go, it's not complex at all, even for healers.
    If it's so easy, it shouldn't take so much time to clear normal and start working away at heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    If it's so easy, it shouldn't take so much time to clear normal and start working away at heroics.
    Exactly. I never said all players that have no time are bad. I knew someone was gonna come along and use the excuse of "having no time" for being a bad player.

Honestly, how many people who enter LFR are even capable of clearing Normal when they step in? There is your target demographic for LFR.
    I don't agree with it at all.
    The hardest part of raiding (at the start) is finding a group.
    A group finder for raids is an idea I can get behind. But this bumper lane thing we call LFR? is for the birds.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue The Shaman View Post
    Everyone seems to hate LFR. Yet everyone does it... If it's that bad don't do it. I think LFR is good for players who...
    1) dont have time to do the content with a guild/PuG
    2) want to experience the content in an easier quicker fashion
    3) need to learn how to raid
    I do LFR and don't have any problems with it.
    1) LFR can (And often does) take longer to kill bosses than normal/heroic raid can. It just feels shorter because it's broken up into 4 tiers and you can quit after one.
    2) Not easier nor quicker as mentioned above, especially Lei Shen
    3) Can't really learn much apart from the absolute basics of raiding. Kill boss, heal tank, move out of fire, etc.