Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    They should rather do something about BM triple trinket, that's the real problem, especially because it makes the other two specs pretty worthless.

Deleted
    such a shame binding shot is going to be MM only.
    i generally took Silence Shot over it, but it was really good for certain encounters.

suspose makes most sense though, having 2 stuns in same tier. an aoe stun or a single target stun.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    As BM, I want both Intimidation and Silencing Shot. We shouldn't have to choose a talent that has been at the core of the spec since the beginning.
    Not like an Arms Warrior who had Bladestorm for two expansions, Rend since the beginning of time and had Overpower changed at the Core of Arms Warriors. For PVP you have enough control and damage anyways.
    Also with the Aspect of the Hawk increase and Binding Shot for MM it should make it somewhat more useful.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocknrule View Post
    Why wouldn't they just make Silencing Shot baseline and put Intimidation in its place? This is a retarded change.
    this x10000

Deleted
    The community is already complaining about blanket silences a lot, especially about silencing shot. Additionally, hunters are at a top spot in PvP at the moment (3v3), so I think they couldn't justify such a change, at least not right now.

Also, the intention was to nerf BM (I assume), not only relative to MM and SV, but directly. Swapping Silencing Shot against Intimidation wouldn't do anything to BM hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    this x10000
    yep.. rip binding shot. very good skill now only for the weakest specc (and most boring for me personally)

Silencing Shot cant become baseline now that Intimidation will be a Talent, cause BM would still have 3 CCs [Silencing Shot, Pet CC, 1 talent CC (Intimidation, Wyvern Sting, Binding Shot)]

I dont think they would let a 3 sec stun like intimidation and an AOE stun like Binding Shot on the same Tier, cause either way people would only pick the stun that worked better for single target, so they're giving BS to MM, instead of Wyvern Sting (and i agree MM needed something else exclusive).

Now BM will have 2 CCs (pet and talent), MM 2 too (Binding and talent), but Surv will have only 1 talented CC... =/

I think Surv should gain 1 extra CC too, and surv is even the weakest spec for PVP...
    Last edited by Warrada; 2013-04-15 at 10:48 PM.

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

Deleted
    I'm really angry about this. I really want some blue feedback justifying this from a PvE perspective. MM is not an enjoyable spec, and forcing strong situational abilities onto it is not the way to make people play it.

I usually have Wyvern Sting talented. I like having two CCs, so I can evade more mobs.

But, in my BM spec, I need Intimidation and Silencing Shot to get those Monk rares with their stupid heal. :/
    Sometimes I can power through it without additional kicking talents, but with them it's a lot more reliable.

If they'd just get rid of PvP ...

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    MM is not an enjoyable spec, and forcing strong situational abilities onto it is not the way to make people play it.

Not everyone only likes to play BM, believe me... Im actually enjoying quite a bit to play MM for both PVP and PVE, in fact if the AOE damage were stronger as Surv, i would probably only play MM...

But, in my BM spec, I need Intimidation and Silencing Shot to get those Monk rares with their stupid heal. :/
    Sometimes I can power through it without additional kicking talents, but with them it's a lot more reliable.
    Man, you ll still have Silencing shot, pet stun, scatter shot and readiness to use everything again... I think you ll still have more than enough to kill a random rare...
    Last edited by Warrada; 2013-04-15 at 11:07 PM.

BM was OP is PvP, they had crazy burst, and insane CC. While I disagree with taking an ability that's been with a spec for 8 years, the fact is Bm burst would either needed to be nerfed or the CC had to be fixed. They chose CC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    I'm really angry about this. I really want some blue feedback justifying this from a PvE perspective. MM is not an enjoyable spec, and forcing strong situational abilities onto it is not the way to make people play it.
    Just cause you think MM is not enjoyable that doesn't make it true for everyone else, I actually only like MM and as the person above me said I would only play MM if it wasn't for SV AOE damage.

I hate BM but I don't go around moaning cause it's the best spec at the moment in PVP I just hope they bring MM up to BM's level.

Wow; I'm glad I finished my CMs and 9999 dinosaur bone farming when I did.

I'll miss you, Binding Shot, but not enough to ever swap to Marks to get you back.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Does this mean i have to choose between Intimidation and silencing shot

Im not a very happy panda

Quote Originally Posted by ihatepeople View Post
    Right, more sustained, which really doesn't matter all that much in arenas. Arenas (at least mid-high level) is about bursting someone while their/their healer's CDs are down and people are CC'd. There is nothing that MM does that BM can't do better. BM has higher burst, better utility, and 2 trinkets. MM spec really doesn't compare IMO unless you really want to play the spec that isn't the best and/or you just don't like BM. Sustained damage is for BGs/random BGs aka glorified target practice IMO. But I see and respect your opinion *salute*
    MM burst will be better once that blink strike is gone. Powershot + chimera + AI spam with rapid fire >>> BM hunter doing the same thing only with KC instead of chimera and arcane shot instead of AI.

Even right now it's only a small difference in "burst damage" between the specs, but I'll admit that BM having slightly higher burst and the CC removal on top of that makes it better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocknrule View Post
    Why wouldn't they just make Silencing Shot baseline and put Intimidation in its place? This is a retarded change.
    ^Agreed with the above.

Silencing Shot was the only reason I ever specced into Marksman back when that was the only way to have the ability. Since it became a talent, I feel no compulsion to play MM, and never had felt the itch to play Survival. BM all the way, night and day. Truth be told, this change (mentioned in the 5.3 PTR notes) sounds like a "placeholder" type of move until Blizzard comes up with something better to replace Binding Shot as a talent choice.. at least I want to HOPE it's a half-ass temporary decision at least. =\

#FlightIsImportant

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    The community is already complaining about blanket silences a lot.
    Then remove the blanket silence effect from player targets and make the damn thing baseline already. I agree blanket silences are dumb and need to go away, but Silencing Shot not being baseline is pretty idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Does this mean i have to choose between Intimidation and silencing shot

Im not a very happy panda
    A good solution would be give Wyvern sting back to Surv and put something in its place REALLY competitive with Silencing Shot and Intimidation, then maybe surv could shine a little bit in PVP too...

This is a good PvP change, with the pets Hunters have enough stuns/roots to stop melee from doing anything, and stuns/silencing shot is enough to kill most healers from 50% with CDs popped if they don't have a trinket.

Not sure what it does for PvE, most mobs are immune to stuns and do people take Binding Shot? Not sure I've ever seen anyone use that.

Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    At least shale spider stun won't be DRed any more with this change, assuming that silencing shot is the way to go.

Apart from that, a 3sec stun as a talent? Make it 5-6 sec, as most other stuns in this game, but I guess Hunters aren't in a position now to receive any buffs.
    while were buffing stuns could we put hammer of justice up to 5 also its currently at 4 http://www.wowhead.com/spell=37369

---------- Post added 2013-04-16 at 12:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Warrada View Post
    Not everyone only likes to play BM, believe me... Im actually enjoying quite a bit to play MM for both PVP and PVE, in fact if the AOE damage were stronger as Surv, i would probably only play MM...

Man, you ll still have Silencing shot, pet stun, scatter shot and readiness to use everything again... I think you ll still have more than enough to kill a random rare...
    iplayed mm once back during icc and hatted it and NOTHING will make me play it again, also silencing shot is not a cc