Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    This is a perfect pvp change. BM needs some of its control nerfed and MM could use the extra cc since its damage is lower. I was thinking they should do something similar, bliz actually got something right here.

IMHO, Silencing shot should had been made a baseline skill learned at level 84 where AOTF once learnt at, while an improved version of intimidate (maybe a fear spell for hunter?) replacing SS as the talent, removing it from BM tree.

And to make it 'more balanced' add a 4-10(?) second cooldown between SS and pet's silence skills. Is that viable?
    Last edited by Hyde; 2013-04-17 at 05:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Would rather see a baseline interrupt added, Intimidation reduced to 45s CD, and increased to 5 second stun, increase Scatter Shot's disorient duration to ~5 secs, and put most pet CC's on DR with Scatter, with possibly the exception of Basilisk, the Root spells, and the actual stuns like the Bat stun and Shale Spider, seeing as they already DR with Intim.

It would net to less CC, cause an actual choice between SS and Intim, and solve the pet swapping problem all at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Why did they keep Wyvern as a talent....does anyone even use it? like...for anything other than soloing old world stuff? even then....idk.

I used wyvern on H-Lei Shi and on occasion on H-Will if we had enough stuns but not enough CCs. But I don't think I've used it since.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    As BM, I want both Intimidation and Silencing Shot. We shouldn't have to choose a talent that has been at the core of the spec since the beginning.
    Go MM.Its fine for me i playing MM this season and i feel great.Yes its lack of that BM brust but i have very stable damage out of CDs and use things like stampede to control the ppl.Also with fast reactions can heal up to 84% of mine HP and now we got a stun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    ouch, thats a horrible change imo!

i agree BM needs a nerf in pvp, but i dont think this is right.
    srsly nerfs pls troll somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles View Post
    Great change for PvP but a bad one for PvE. I'll take silencing shot but I'll most likely never use it.
    Says it all really. PvE screwed by PvP again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    Give up silencing shot then, by your logic you only got it this expansion so it should be easy to give up for something you've had since "the beginning"
    Agreed with that.....
    On the one hand, players cry foul over a spell that's been turned into a talent, since they had it all the time. On the other hand they overlook the fact that they now enjoy other spells that aren't from their spec at all.... Silencing shot was a MM talent, at times deep down in the MM tree.

Regarding Wyvern Sting. I've used that a lot actually. For leveling it's imho just more beneficial. And it has it's use in 5 mans, when a tank just over-shots his abilities.
    Distracting Shot and WS combo can help to safe the day. Together with a trap, you rid the tank of 2 targets, and that can make all the difference.

---------- Post added 2013-04-17 at 06:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeze View Post
    Says it all really. PvE screwed by PvP again.
    It starts getting tiring, I have to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Would rather see a baseline interrupt added, Intimidation reduced to 45s CD, and increased to 5 second stun, increase Scatter Shot's disorient duration to ~5 secs, and put most pet CC's on DR with Scatter, with possibly the exception of Basilisk, the Root spells, and the actual stuns like the Bat stun and Shale Spider, seeing as they already DR with Intim.

It would net to less CC, cause an actual choice between SS and Intim, and solve the pet swapping problem all at once.
    I hope your referring to pve with these changes in mind, because a 5 second stun and a 5 second disorient on top of a baseline ranged interrupt and trap would make hunters cc jesus, and I really dont see why they dont change some of hunters abilities for pvp/pve like they did for binding shot. Make intimidate an aoe 5 second stun for pve, but on pvp targets do a 3 second single-target stun. They seriously need to start implementing more shit like that.

I just liked using Binding Shot as SV. . Also Wyvren sting remains useless.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    I hope your referring to pve with these changes in mind, because a 5 second stun and a 5 second disorient on top of a baseline ranged interrupt and trap would make hunters cc jesus, and I really dont see why they dont change some of hunters abilities for pvp/pve like they did for binding shot. Make intimidate an aoe 5 second stun for pve, but on pvp targets do a 3 second single-target stun. They seriously need to start implementing more shit like that.
    Not even close. A baseline interrupt would bring hunters in line with every other physical class. A 5 second stun is also essentially par for the course as well, but for a hunter, would cost a talent. The only reason to increase duration on Scatter Shot is to compensate for the massive DR-fuck I proposed, placing ALL soft CC's from pets on DR with it.
    Its all very straighforward.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

What NEEDS to happen, which will appease almost every hunter:

Continue the Binding Shot/Intimidation Change.

Make Silencing Shot baseline for ALL hunters.

New level 30 talent: Scare Creature. Changes Scare Beast so it affects every type of enemy except humanoid.

That way, the level 30 choice is between a stun, a fear, or a sleep. MUCH more balanced.

Why would you ever take a fear over a sleep? Sleeps are much more reliable and don't have mobs racing off into nowhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Why would you ever take a fear over a sleep? Sleeps are much more reliable and don't have mobs racing off into nowhere.
    Most fears don't break with damage taken. That would be the only way to make it useful against a sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Not even close. A baseline interrupt would bring hunters in line with every other physical class. A 5 second stun is also essentially par for the course as well, but for a hunter, would cost a talent. The only reason to increase duration on Scatter Shot is to compensate for the massive DR-fuck I proposed, placing ALL soft CC's from pets on DR with it.
    Its all very straighforward.
    Except a hunter is ranged, and physicals are melee, and physical classes dont have instant ranged cc ALREADY... One the only things keeping ele/enh semi-viable is a ranged interrupt, give a hunter an interrupt on par with a melee and you are just compounding their already ridiculous amount of cc. Pet cc isnt even a problem right now, most hunters use a shale-spider for the stun and just ranged stun an off-target. Your proposing an 18 second cc chains with a 5 sec stun, 5 sec disorient, 8 second trap, with a 45 sec cd on the stun and only 30 for the others and all readiness-able.

However, if they had a baseline interrupt of say, 15 sec or whatever but the cd increased to 1 min when used on a player, then it might be more reasonable. Again, pvp/pve differences on abilities would do wonders here since apparently hunters needed the increased cc in pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post

New level 30 talent: Scare Creature. Changes Scare Beast so it affects every type of enemy except humanoid.

That way, the level 30 choice is between a stun, a fear, or a sleep. MUCH more balanced.
    Why would you waste a talent on a fear that doesnt work on other players? If it did work on humanoids it would be interesting but otherwise its just as useful as scare beast which is not that much.

"Dude, there are people on the forums complaining hunters have too many keys"
    "Ok let's do something, maybe here, let's just remove this spell, probably no one uses it anyway - too bad no of our devs plays a hunter so we could ask him."

srsly blizz? Stupid and in no way thought through.

The pvpers QQed, and the spell itself isn't all that awesome in PVE (raid environment).

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 05:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Why would you waste a talent on a fear that doesnt work on other players? If it did work on humanoids it would be interesting but otherwise its just as useful as scare beast which is not that much.
    That spell still works on druids lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post

So why would I ( a PvPer ) take the sleep? We should get a new form of CC that works on humanoids aswell.