Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Miloscub View Post
    Wait,what?!

Should've replaced wyvern sting cos no1 uses it instead of binding shot which everyone uses,its not gonna make anyone roll MM more...
    they just need to fix the dr that wyvern has with frost trap, no dr = alot more peeps use

Is that a joke !? Whaaa pve ok but pvp !? Silence or stun 3 sec every min or 24 sec ok how can you hurt a healer now i love survival but in arena it worth nothing i went bm for the stun and extra heal and my beast can hurt wen im los ya demo lock have a tons of cc and pet can stun for 5 sec right after fear the. Death coil Hunter is what 3 sec stun woooow it like ret paly you chose a slow or a stun anyway half of the classs can remove magical stun sham lock priest alll healer dk or spell reflect. there no ret on top ladder in arena helllo !? You need cc to win skill !? Yeah with cc so hunter with 3 sec stun it a joke Arcane shot hit for what 15 k in arena wow good luck to kill a healer any healer can counter a 3 sec stun or silence Ohhhh and yeah mortal strike add healing reduce rogue instan healing reduce hunter have to use wv there an other joke no hunter use it in arena or bg why necro strike add dammage but wait WV weeeeeeeee useless skill put at least 100% nature on it

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    BM was incredible bad design for MoP. We ALL saw it coming as the most OP specc ever... or at least since the last time they 'over-compensated' BM.
    Since this mess up, they had to gradually tone it down, doing all sorts of odd changes just to get it in line again.

MM got ruined as the pvp specc it was, only to regain a bit of it's former glory baby step by baby step. Maybe, just maybe, it's back to where it should be with the latest changes.

But what about SV pvp?
    They are the big losers in all of this again. Given the fact that BM was overbuffed to start with of course, they lose as well strictly speaking.
    MM gets Binding Shot, BM has to sacrifice Intimidation for Silencing Shot.
    SV loses Binding Shot, but can't gain Intimidation unless they too give up Silencing shot.

SV gets NOTHING in return.
    The devs have been neglecting SV for years now, as a pvp specc. It's a pve aoe specc, mostly good for the beginning of an expansion.

These latest changes were the perfect opportunity to give SV something more for pvp.
    Why the heck not devs? Really: why not?

What I don't understand is blizzard messing up pve for pvp. When they have the capability of having a certain ability functioning different in pvp. Like what they did for Binding shot making it stun players for 3sec in pvp and for pve it stuns things for 5 sec. Instead of going around nerfing abilities that are very useful for pve why don't they just start making pvp specific rules for the ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Except a hunter is ranged, and physicals are melee, and physical classes dont have instant ranged cc ALREADY... One the only things keeping ele/enh semi-viable is a ranged interrupt, give a hunter an interrupt on par with a melee and you are just compounding their already ridiculous amount of cc. Pet cc isnt even a problem right now, most hunters use a shale-spider for the stun and just ranged stun an off-target. Your proposing an 18 second cc chains with a 5 sec stun, 5 sec disorient, 8 second trap, with a 45 sec cd on the stun and only 30 for the others and all readiness-able.

However, if they had a baseline interrupt of say, 15 sec or whatever but the cd increased to 1 min when used on a player, then it might be more reasonable. Again, pvp/pve differences on abilities would do wonders here since apparently hunters needed the increased cc in pve.
    Except melee DO have ranged instant CC.
    Blind, Strangulate/Asphyxiate, Paralysis, and to a lesser extent, Repentance (non-instant), and Intimidating Shout (Instant, but shorter range with an AoE component.)
    The thing about Hunter CC though, is due to our lack of hard defensive abilities, ALL of them essentially have to be used as escape mechanisms. We can't use our longest CC, which is also the least reliable, if we use our AoE Slow. We can't use our best CC if there's a minion, pet, or even another player near them, and most often, we can't do it without using another CC to set it up because it has an ARMING TIME.

Get used to it, Hunter's are the red headed stepchild of the classes, getting the clunkiest, buggiest mechanics in the game, having to make do until its bandaided and taped together to form a semi-functional prototype, which is then given to everyone else.
    IF and when we're ever in a good place, the community of people NOT playing hunters whine and complain until we're nerfed back into oblivion, both in PvP and PvE.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Any decent BM Hunter will default a spirit beast as his pet, meaning no pet stuns. Right now, every single class in the game can counter a BM Hunter's big dmg - Stampede. Take away "Intimidate" and there is no way Stampede can be effective. By the same token, because a BM Hunter's pet can now be CC'd, the lack of "Intimidate" renders BM even more useless.

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 10:44 AM ----------

If this retarded change goes live, it is 100% proof Blizzard is FUCKING clueless. Ever since Blizzard nerfed Beastial Wrath, hunter pets including "stampede" could easily be countered by every single class in the game. To prevent a counter move against "stampede" I used "Intimidation" now I can't. So essentially you have a choice of making Stampede completely useless or being useless against healers and casters. Wonderful!!! Every single DPS class in the FUCKING game possesses a baseline silence ability, with the exception of Hunters and Locks. Both could choose a Silence if they desired one, Locks via their demon choice and Hunters via a talent choice. That seemed fair and reasonable even though "seduce" might be a much better choice than a "silence" bc it is spammable, but whatever. So now a BM Hunter's pets can be CC'd and they don't have intimidate, what a FUCKING joke. Sure, I could take intimidate over silence, but given today's "healing rampant" pvp environment, you need both and it's just not fair that Hunter's are the only class without a baseline - Silence. One might say - well you survived without a silence prior to MOP, that is true, but then again, so many other classes received new and improved abilities and now FUCKING blizzard is taking away another one of mine - the first being Beastial Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Any decent BM Hunter will default a spirit beast as his pet, meaning no pet stuns. Right now, every single class in the game can counter a BM Hunter's big dmg - Stampede. Take away "Intimidate" and there is no way Stampede can be effective. By the same token, because a BM Hunter's pet can now be CC'd, the lack of "Intimidate" renders BM even more useless.

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 10:44 AM ----------

If this retarded change goes live, it is 100% proof Blizzard is FUCKING clueless. Ever since Blizzard nerfed Beastial Wrath, hunter pets including "stampede" could easily be countered by every single class in the game. To prevent a counter move against "stampede" I used "Intimidation" now I can't. So essentially you have a choice of making Stampede completely useless or being useless against healers and casters. Wonderful!!! Every single DPS class in the FUCKING game possesses a baseline silence ability, with the exception of Hunters and Locks. Both could choose a Silence if they desired one, Locks via their demon choice and Hunters via a talent choice. That seemed fair and reasonable even though "seduce" might be a much better choice than a "silence" bc it is spammable, but whatever. So now a BM Hunter's pets can be CC'd and they don't have intimidate, what a FUCKING joke. Sure, I could take intimidate over silence, but given today's "healing rampant" pvp environment, you need both and it's just not fair that Hunter's are the only class without a baseline - Silence. One might say - well you survived without a silence prior to MOP, that is true, but then again, so many other classes received new and improved abilities and now FUCKING blizzard is taking away another one of mine - the first being Beastial Wrath.
    Your're obviously clueless with your every dps class has a baseline silence what silence do pallies or shammies or warriors have baseline? not to mention not one of these classes has the option to choose one via talents. You really should not QQ so much bcuz some of BM over the top CC is being nerfed.

Deleted
    Wyvren sting was kinda useful on lei shi for CCing the adds. Freezing trap is a bitch to aim for randomly moving targets, while WS just CCs right away.
    So im happy to see it stay

Quote Originally Posted by SamoTray View Post
    Your're obviously clueless with your every dps class has a baseline silence what silence do pallies or shammies or warriors have baseline? not to mention not one of these classes has the option to choose one via talents. You really should not QQ so much bcuz some of BM over the top CC is being nerfed.
    I think he meant a baseline interrupt.

I don't see any change in this that isn't me replacing the 'Intimidation' button on my bar for Shale Spider stun and then spending 15 focus for Widow Venom. Is that about the size of it?

I guess that is to say I wonder why Blizzard is doing it if sum total effect is I spend 15 focus every 30 seconds. Seems stupid.
    Last edited by Kazis; 2013-04-18 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbald View Post
    SV loses Binding Shot, but can't gain Intimidation unless they too give up Silencing shot.

SV gets NOTHING in return.
    The devs have been neglecting SV for years now, as a pvp specc. It's a pve aoe specc, mostly good for the beginning of an expansion.
    Surv probably needs another stun or silence to make it equal to the other specs but this change wont affect Surv much at all.

Surv already had to give up silencing for binding trap if they wanted it. Same with intimidation. The only thing Surv loses is the ability to choose binding shot but BM does too. PvE wise not being able to use binding shot miight hurt some challenge modes. Otherwise surv will still take silencing shot like everyone else does.

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 02:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SamoTray View Post
    Pallies have a stun that they can actually attack during. Any attacks on a hunter cc break it. Warriors have a ton of interrupts and CCs even better than pallies. IDK about sham they are probably screwed but at least they can heal. Can hunters heal? Maybe once every few minutes in one spec with an ability that supposed to be dps burst. I wish I could burn down someone inside a freezing trap and heal more than 30K every 9 seconds.