1. #5401
    The Lightbringer Deadvolcanoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    dont forget men with khakis. they are quite frightening
    Oh jeez I almost forgot! The arrows pointing to the men in the khaki pants! I mean that just doesn't seem right to me. Why were they wearing khakis? And did you see their boots? What's up with that? There's got to be more to it...
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

  2. #5402
    The Insane Reeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    18,847
    I just got an alert on my phone that 3 more suspects have just been arrested in relation to the boston marathon bombing.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

  3. #5403
    Pandaren Monk GenaiTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton, East Sussex
    Posts
    1,759
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Could you explain what aspect(s) of the story irks you?
    I dunno man, it just doesn't seem right. Something about this entire thing makes me uneasy. I don't think these two kids were guilty.

  4. #5404
    Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    I dunno man, it just doesn't seem right. Something about this entire thing makes me uneasy. I don't think these two kids were guilty.
    Too bad for you that the justice system isn't based on gutfeeling.

  5. #5405
    Stood in the Fire lostprophet12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Oh jeez I almost forgot! The arrows pointing to the men in the khaki pants! I mean that just doesn't seem right to me. Why were they wearing khakis? And did you see their boots? What's up with that? There's got to be more to it...
    There were men there wearing khakis? Is there anything being done about this?

  6. #5406
    Pandaren Monk GenaiTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton, East Sussex
    Posts
    1,759
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Too bad for you that the justice system isn't based on gutfeeling.
    So are you saying this is completely black and white and there's not a tiny chance they got it wrong and the other 3 suspects that have been recently arrested aren't actually the real villains?

  7. #5407
    Warchief marthsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Iglooland, eh?
    Posts
    2,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    So are you saying this is completely black and white and there's not a tiny chance they got it wrong and the other 3 suspects that have been recently arrested aren't actually the real villains?
    There is a chance for error in everything involving humans; it's called human nature. Are you saying we should assume something to be wrong because there's a chance it could be? if so, then everything on this planet is wrong by default.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

  8. #5408
    Pandaren Monk GenaiTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton, East Sussex
    Posts
    1,759
    Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    There is a chance for error in everything involving humans; it's called human nature. Are you saying we should assume something to be wrong because there's a chance it could be? if so, then everything on this planet is wrong by default.
    That's right, twist my words completely. I just think the kids were innocent.

  9. #5409
    Warchief marthsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Iglooland, eh?
    Posts
    2,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    That's right, twist my words completely. I just think the kids were innocent.
    That's right, twist the meaning of my words completely. I never said they were not. I never said they were either. But that's what you're basically saying: "There's a chance they could be wrong, so they (the authorities) are, in fact wrong". Sure, you didn't use these words, but from what I get, that's the basis of your argument.

    Also, all I brought forth was a question, and a conditional statement based on the two possible answers. If it wasn't what you meant, you could just, I dunno, answer "no" instead of being overly defensive. All that shows is guilt, and that I was, in fact, right.
    Last edited by marthsk; 2013-05-02 at 12:45 PM.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

  10. #5410
    The Lightbringer Deadvolcanoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    That's right, twist my words completely. I just think the kids were innocent.
    The suspect in the hospital has already confessed. Plus they both confessed to the citizen when they hijacked his car. They are on video throwing bombs at police office vehicles, and having a shootout with police.

    Have you been following this case at all? There's zero chance they are innocent.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

  11. #5411
    Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    So are you saying this is completely black and white and there's not a tiny chance they got it wrong and the other 3 suspects that have been recently arrested aren't actually the real villains?
    I'll give it a tiny chance when the evidence is little and obscure. This is not that case, the evidence is abundant and there's also a confession.

  12. #5412
    Pandaren Monk GenaiTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton, East Sussex
    Posts
    1,759
    Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    Also, all I brought forth was a question, and a conditional statement based on the two possible answers. If it wasn't what you meant, you could just, I dunno, answer "no" instead of being overly defensive. All that shows is guilt, and that I was, in fact, right.
    Your superiority complex is embarrassing. It was a tragedy and I'm not going to argue with you.

  13. #5413
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    The suspect in the hospital has already confessed. Plus they both confessed to the citizen when they hijacked his car. They are on video throwing bombs at police office vehicles, and having a shootout with police.

    Have you been following this case at all? There's zero chance they are innocent.
    Officials have told you he confessed.
    If you believe everything you are told then this is good enough I guess.
    Again the citizen is word of mouth.
    I am not saying they are innocent or guilty.
    Supposedly he can talk now so maybe we can hear what happened sometime in the future.
    http://i5.minus.com/iT9gBOC94PbmU.jpg
    NON SINE DIIS ANIMOSUS INFANS
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Accessibility, ownership, availability; these are all essentially the same thing.

  14. #5414

  15. #5415
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,210
    Quote Originally Posted by katsung47 View Post
    http://www.chrisspivey.co.uk/?p=11184

    amputee full article with pictures.
    Conspiracy theories ahoy!

    Get that out of here.

  16. #5416
    Moderator aiko-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    5,665
    I don't mean to add little to the discussion by agreeing with conspiracy theories but I can't help but feel something is wrong. The blood looks fake in a lot of the pictures and I don't see how it's possible that a man who lost TWO legs would be able to stay conscious and alive enough to be carried for treatment by wheelchair. They would have to basically treat him there on the spot.

    A lot of it can, of course, be explained. I'm sure a lot of the pictures went through photoshop filters to "increase" their quality and maybe they DID treat him on the spot. Just can't help but shrug off that feeling.
    Do you play SimCity 5? Come join us on the MMO Champion Regions!
    My Origin friends list is full but hit me up by PM if you want to build a city with me.

  17. #5417
    How small someone will feel when it finally dawns on them that this actually did indeed happen and how completely idiotic it was to deny it. Not to mention the disservice you do to the memory of those killed or maimed.

    I feel sorry for you.

  18. #5418
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    I don't mean to add little to the discussion by agreeing with conspiracy theories but I can't help but feel something is wrong. The blood looks fake in a lot of the pictures and I don't see how it's possible that a man who lost TWO legs would be able to stay conscious and alive enough to be carried for treatment by wheelchair. They would have to basically treat him there on the spot.

    A lot of it can, of course, be explained. I'm sure a lot of the pictures went through photoshop filters to "increase" their quality and maybe they DID treat him on the spot. Just can't help but shrug off that feeling.
    Actually you see them taking other people on stretchers while none of the EMS even attend to him. Kind of strange you would think the most serious injuries would be taken care of first. The no leg guy has no blood on him after losing 2 legs and barely any blood on the floor. Seems weird.
    http://i5.minus.com/iT9gBOC94PbmU.jpg
    NON SINE DIIS ANIMOSUS INFANS
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Accessibility, ownership, availability; these are all essentially the same thing.

  19. #5419
    Moderator aiko-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    5,665
    Mm it goes both ways. Perhaps one day we will find out it was all a hoax, and people will feel pretty silly.
    People did die though, that is not what most of the "good" theories debate. What is being debated is the government's role. Actors and photographs can draw attention away from facts.

    That said, it's just a feeling. I'm not willing to side either way. No matter what it was a tragedy and should be treated as such.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 10:35 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Actually you see them taking other people on stretchers while none of the EMS even attend to him. Kind of strange you would think the most serious injuries would be taken care of first. The no leg guy has no blood on him after losing 2 legs and barely any blood on the floor. Seems weird.
    It's just the small things like that that get me. I've never been a "conspiracy theorist" (what a funny term) but when something doesn't feel right to me it doesn't feel right.
    Do you play SimCity 5? Come join us on the MMO Champion Regions!
    My Origin friends list is full but hit me up by PM if you want to build a city with me.

  20. #5420
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,210
    Assuming it was a hoax, I have to ask: why?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •