Right, it's fucking stupid. I know that. I'd just like to be able to respond with something better than, "this is implausible bullshit". The photographs shown there don't really make sense to me, but that's likely because of the priming experienced from seeing them with the explanations (this is why I look at figures in journals before reading the text, if I understand the field). It really is a pretty weird looking scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'd just like to be able to respond with something better than, "this is implausible bullshit".
    "this is implausible bullshit" is pretty much the answer to every conspiracy theory because of the number of people that would have to be involved, if nothing else.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by katsung47 View Post
    US House Representative Says Government Planned Boston Bombings

How do people this dumb get elected?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Easy. Idiots vote for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    There's little or nothing in the electoral process that selects for intelligence. Hell, there's multiple features that likely work against the smartest folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    There's little or nothing in the electoral process that selects for intelligence. Hell, there's multiple features that likely work against the smartest folks.
    “The major problem—one of the major problems, for there are several—one of the many major problems with governing people is that of whom you get to do it; or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it to them.

To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.

To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”

― Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    “The major problem—one of the major problems, for there are several—one of the many major problems with governing people is that of whom you get to do it; or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it to them.

To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.

To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”

― Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    And I wholly agree with the man.
    Putin khuliyo

While I cannot comment on the validity of statements made by mr beck, I will say mr beck has lost his mind pretty much. He hasn't made much sense in about a year I disregard most of what he says.

Actually he seemed to start losing touch with reality about the time he was fired from Fox News.
    Last edited by Shennanigans; 2013-05-03 at 01:31 AM.

Deleted
    What is this Chris Spivey link people are talking about?

Looks like my comment on immigration was correct after seeing the expired student visa's the latest people arrested were here on.

No idea why the INS is allowed to mess up so frequently costing us american lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Looks like my comment on immigration was correct after seeing the expired student visa's the latest people arrested were here on.

No idea why the INS is allowed to mess up so frequently costing us american lives.
    Because bombings like this happen "so frequently"?
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Because bombings like this happen "so frequently"?
    Do you need the list of crimes illegal immigrants commit on a daily basis?

6 year old girls arent raped everyday and left for dead in a field, only to be beaten in the head with a hammer because they didnt die. Doesnt happen enough so it doesnt matter? Please

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you need the list of crimes illegal immigrants commit on a daily basis?

6 year old girls arent raped everyday and left for dead in a field, only to be beaten in the head with a hammer because they didnt die. Doesnt happen enough so it doesnt matter? Please
    There is a difference between it "not mattering" and "not happening frequently enough to merit statistical significance".

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    There is a difference between it "not mattering" and "not happening frequently enough to merit statistical significance".
    Yet gay marriage is an issue when half of the 3% wouldnt even get married, lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    You are comparing expired visas to gay marriage? How about guns?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    One entails legal discrimination by the state, one involves a potential for crime in a group which actually significantly contributes to the wellbeing of the country.

Can you tell the difference?

10+ Year Old Account
    You just validated gun control. Congratulations! I'm sure that's what you intended.

10+ Year Old Account

What are you refering to here?
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    What are you refering to here?
    The bombers buddys that were arrested today were here on expired student visa's. If the ins did their job... well we can speculate

10+ Year Old Account
    The bombers buddys that were arrested today were here on expired student visa's. If the ins did their job... well we can speculate
    What did the buddies have to do with the bombing?
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.