Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    So entrapment then. You want to get him killed. Don't see why you're tip toeing around that.
    I fail to see how thats entrapment.

If we have the responciblity to let him free on a technicallity, fine, let him off the bus somewhere he not like. We wouldn't have a responciblity after he was released.

regretted my post :P

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Boston doesn't have any Ghettos. No seriously.

Not saying Boston is populated by clean freaks but Boston's version of The 'Hood (which would be more appropriate to use to describe Boston's inner city) can be compared to its "Rich Neighbor" equivelant of Beverly Hills (in this case Hyde Park) where the Mayor lives. NO ONE'S afraid of the 'Hood.

The Waterfont at night's a different story. If you wanted him to disappear in Boston, drop him off at the waterfront after dark. The scary-ass thing is there doesn't even need to be any people nearby to fuck with him. Literally people just disappear from time to time and in his case I doubt the Coast Guard would bother combing the water for his corpse, or what's left of it.
    Thanks for informing me. Ive only been through boston once and I was passing through on the I-95.

I grew up in Baltimore, and I know i wouldn't want to be walking around anywhere by myself after dark....or in the midday for that matter....especially as a honkey.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Thanks for informing me. Ive only been through boston once and I was passing through on the I-95.

I grew up in Baltimore, and I know i wouldn't want to be walking around anywhere by myself after dark....or in the midday for that matter....especially as a honkey.

Agree'd, the waterfront is a dam scary place to end up when you are wandering around lost....

10+ Year Old Account

If we have the responciblity to let him free on a technicallity, fine, let him off the bus somewhere he not like. We wouldn't have a responciblity after he was released.
    So you're going to put him in a dangerous situation knowing full well he may get killed. Sounds like manslaughter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    If you agree that, while the suspect can lose his citizenship if found guilty, he cannot lose it without a trial, then we're just arguing past each other and can stop throwing law quotes back and forth.
    yeah that's what I said from the start..
    After the verdict they likely open another trial at the immigration courts, and the citizenship gets revoked there and then.
    I only really pointed out that there are 2 courts involved, for those who aren't familiar. The criminal court that handles the crime, and the immigration court. Of course assuming the criminal trial verdict results in guilty.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2013-04-20 at 09:55 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    This isn't some gangbanger who is killing other dirtbags and probably couldn't care less about Joe Schmo the Plumber...this is a person who has made it very clear that they are intentionally in the business of killing and maiming civilians.

People were justifiably worried that this person posed a serious threat to their own safety and while having your house searched is certainly stressful, it beats walking out on your lawn and finding an improvised explosive sitting there with your name on it.

I get the "police state" angle, but based upon the spontaneous reaction Law Enforcement received in Watertown after the capture, I'm going to hazard a guess and say that they were pretty understanding of what happened at their own expense.
    What I see is that as a country we are just taking another step down the slippery slope of abandoning our rights and freedom in exchange for 'safety'. Sure the media narrative makes these guys look absolutely guilty, but the truth is the media could make a ham sandwich look guilty. Nobody here has first hand information, everyone assumes they know what happened because of blurry photos and what the government/media told you. To me it is a complete shame that after all the BS of the last decade the wider population still lines up like a bunch of jingoistic cattle doing their best imitation of Pavlov's dog.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    What I see is that as a country we are just taking another step down the slippery slope of abandoning our rights and freedom in exchange for 'safety'. Sure the media narrative makes these guys look absolutely guilty, but the truth is the media could make a ham sandwich look guilty. Nobody here has first hand information, everyone assumes they know what happened because of blurry photos and what the government/media told you. To me it is a complete shame that after all the BS of the last decade the wider population still lines up like a bunch of jingoistic cattle doing their best imitation of Pavlov's dog.
    Talk about a slippery slope argument.

So you're going to put him in a dangerous situation knowing full well he may get killed. Sounds like manslaughter.
    Nope, its not manslaughter.

10+ Year Old Account

hell no.... USA country of frivolous lawsuits....
    You let him free where he gets in danger of his life and loses it.... Bam, civil lawsuit. rake over millions of dollars to the family of him, for neglect or what ever the lawyers come up with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, its not manslaughter.
    You still knowingly put him in a situation that led to his death.

I can say with confidence that the ppl were searched were happy to comply with the request. All I saw last night was the feeling of relief in their eyes from my perspective. I think your really focused on something that really is pretty strange considering the consequence of not being cooperative and vigilant citizens may have indangering their own lives.

You're not supposed to use "slippery slope" in your own argument.

The people calling for blood are the exact reason we have checks and balances in the system. The hope, however, is that he isn't robbed of due process under the umbrella of an invented war.

You still knowingly put him in a situation that led to his death.
    maybe we can put him up in your house for a little bit mr.grizzly

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe we can put him up in your house for a little bit mr.grizzly
    Oh, appeal to emotion. I do like that.

"I'm innocent, I didn't kill the guy, the lions I locked him up with did."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    yeah that's what I said from the start..

I only really pointed out that there are 2 courts involved, for those who aren't familiar. The criminal court that handles the crime, and the immigration court. Of course assuming the criminal trial verdict results in guilty.
    Some of the pro-NDAA posters earlier who wanted him stripped of his citizenship ASAP - I thought you were agreeing that the government could legally do that, but would probably choose not to do so. (Of course, the Feds can try to do whatever they want with the whole enemy combatant/loss of citizenship thing, the only question is if the Supreme Court will let them.) And I do agree with you that the suggestion he be tried as an enemy combatant is probably just BS from senators McCain and Graham; if Obama says no, then he's "soft on terror" or some other BS. In the (unlikely) event he says yes, then he's "attacking your rights". (Although part of me is scared at the idea that they might actually mean what they're saying.)

Oh, appeal to emotion. I do like that.

"I'm innocent, I didn't kill the guy, the lions I locked him up with did."

Lol, now your getting my logic.

You do know im fucking around right?

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody here has first hand information, everyone assumes they know what happened because of blurry photos and what the government/media told you.
    Yes, it could be entirely possible that the brothers are stooges and everyone involved from the Law Enforcement to the Media to anyone who interacted recently with the brothers one way or another are plants.

Or maybe there's actually some decent evidence that these two are guilty or at least strongly related to the bombing and that everything that occured in the past 36 hours actually happened.

I mean, fuck, I've never been to Africa. At this point I guess I'm only accepting that it exists based on good faith. I've no actual proof of my own that says it exists.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2013-04-20 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Yes, it could be entirely possible that the brothers are stooges and everyone involved from the Law Enforcement to the Media to anyone who interacted recently with the brothers one way or another are plants.

Or maybe there's actually some decent evidence that these two are guilty or at least strongly related to the bombing and that everything that occured in the past 36 hours actually happened.

But but but...alex jones said....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Some of the pro-NDAA posters earlier who wanted him stripped of his citizenship ASAP - I thought you were agreeing that the government could legally do that, but would probably choose not to do so. (Of course, the Feds can try to do whatever they want with the whole enemy combatant/loss of citizenship thing, the only question is if the Supreme Court will let them.) And I do agree with you that the suggestion he be tried as an enemy combatant is probably just BS from senators McCain and Graham; if Obama says no, then he's "soft on terror" or some other BS. In the (unlikely) event he says yes, then he's "attacking your rights". (Although part of me is scared at the idea that they might actually mean what they're saying.)
    The last thing you will see from me is jumping on the anti immigration wagon. I'm an immigrant too. I'd consider that enormously hypocrite. I don't defend criminal immigrants though, they are just hurting all immigrants. I defend the legal procedures, that apply to everyone living here. I think we are in agreement.