Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    Your lack of critical thinking is probably related to your poor spelling, though it might be a merel coincidence
    He correctly spelled coincidence the second time. Stop picking on his spelling and grammar it adds nothing to the conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The only definitions are "we don't really have one" and "politically or religious"motivated, so no you can't just claim those two are terrorist attacks... The Political and religious motives outweigh the "we don't really have one"
    Why can't I again? Using definitions obtained from your government, they count as such.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    Why can't I again? Using definitions obtained from your government, they count as such.
    If my Government has several definitions but one type of definition is more popular it would make more sense to use that one. There's a reason why when shady hook happened no one on the super long thread said anything about terrorism but once this happened in this forum this was marked as terrorism, the reason is quite simple and you're just arguing for the sake of it now, and it's going nowhere.

We could be back to the Iraq scenario here. So how about the following scenarios staring us in the face. What should the United States' course of action be in each one?

1. We definitively find a link between the bombers and some terrorist training camp / group in Chechnya.

1a. Russia fully cooperates with our investigation.

1b. Russia does not fully cooperate with our investigation.

1c. Russia prevents us from investigating.

2. We only can reasonably assume based on the intel we gather that the bombers were aided and trained by some group in Chechnya. The intel may be good or bad.

2a. Russia fully cooperates with our investigation.

2b. Russia does not fully cooperate with our investigation.

2c. Russia prevents us from investigating.

3. We find not even the slightest link between the bombers and any terrorist group in Chechnya.

For a frame of reference, when dealing with Iraq, Bush faced scenario 2b, and that was over the 1991 cease-fire rules, not bombers. Bush decided that non-compliance with inspections / our investigation was enough to invade to make sure they had no WMDs. The democrats then told some enormous lies and shouted that Bush went to war because he thought they had WMDs, which was never true. Bush invaded Iraq over non-compliance. Finding WMDs didn't matter at that point. Unfortunately, enough of the public bought those lies and that destroyed Bush.

It will be interesting to see how Russia plays this depending on what evidence comes to light. Russia may be more prone to comply since they have had problems with Chechnya themselves, so we never wind up in scenario 2b.

I'm afraid that after the lies told by the political left about the Iraq invasion that common sense goes out the window and we take the "wimp clause", deciding to do nothing about Chechnya, even if the strongest links are found.
    Last edited by Grummgug; 2013-04-23 at 12:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Mass doesnt have a death penalty, so another 60 years to keep him fed and housed.
    That's why they charged him on federal charges. There is a federal death penalty.

Deleted
    He correctly spelled coincidence the second time. Stop picking on his spelling and grammar it adds nothing to the conversation.
    I wasn't picking on his grammar. I was picking on his inability to connect the dots by claiming, that dropping bags at the place of the explosion, having bombs at their house, killing a cop, running from the police and having a history with the FBI is not a mere coincidence that you can blow off. The spelling part was just food coloring.

Ok figure its time to post now that ive talked to a few of my Boston police dept buddies. First off all the FBI really dropped the ball here. They knew there was an attack coming which is why there was hightened security. They also knew about the older brother. Under boston pds nose they tried.to arrest the Thursday morning without backup. This from a reliable soirse. They lost them as they bailed. Its the reason why it took so long for the pictures to be released. Next they were not robbing the 7/11 it was just bad timing as someone else was robbing it. The big time gap comes in here with the supposed robbery and the chase. The MIT cop was on campus over seeing the Nuclear power station there. That was their next target. Granted the bombs would have done shit to it but they were trying. They were trying to melt down the power station, reason why hes actually charged with WMD. The FBI failed baddly they knew of immenent danger and did nothing. RIP and may God be with you to the victims but this should never have happened. The FBI majorly fucked this one up.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Ok figure its time to post now that ive talked to a few of my Boston police dept buddies. First off all the FBI really dropped the ball here. They knew there was an attack coming which is why there was hightened security. They also knew about the older brother. Under boston pds nose they tried.to arrest the Thursday morning without backup. This from a reliable soirse. They lost them as they bailed. Its the reason why it took so long for the pictures to be released. Next they were not robbing the 7/11 it was just bad timing as someone else was robbing it. The big time gap comes in here with the supposed robbery and the chase. The MIT cop was on campus over seeing the Nuclear power station there. That was their next target. Granted the bombs would have done shit to it but they were trying. They were trying to melt down the power station, reason why hes actually charged with WMD. The FBI failed baddly they knew of immenent danger and did nothing. RIP and may God be with you to the victims but this should never have happened. The FBI majorly fucked this one up.
    Cite your soirces.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    It will be interesting to see how Russia plays this depending on what evidence comes to light. Russia may be more prone to comply since they have had problems with Chechnya themselves, so we never wind up in scenario 2b.

I'm afraid that after the lies told by the political left about the Iraq invasion that common sense goes out the window and we take the "wimp clause", deciding to do nothing about Chechnya, even if the strongest links are found.
    But do the Russian's care about the Boston bombs? would their actions be in response to the bombings or to justify them dealing with the Chechens for the crimes on Russia.

How much information did Russia presumably give to USA when they had concerns. USA may not consider that area as a hotbed for terrorists and pay very little attention to it, where as the Russians see that as an area of more importance. The failure on the American part may weaken their opinion to let the Americans investigate and do it themselves.

All honesty there is very little that the US can do without Russia's permission in the area

I wasn't picking on his grammar. I was picking on his inability to connect the dots by claiming, that dropping bags at the place of the explosion, having bombs at their house, killing a cop, running from the police and having a history with the FBI is not a mere coincidence that you can blow off. The spelling part was just food coloring.
    Although it probably won't matter since he will probably get a newbie lawyer defending him, but weren't the bombs found at his brother's house, his brother has the history(which says he isn't to point that out a terrorist) with the FBI, his brother is the one who appears to be the more religious and secluded one. Running comes hand in hand with killing a cop, but which one killed the cop? If it's found to be the brothers gun that shot him, the other could of ran in fear and the whole thing escalated.

I wont give names, but they are BPD street and k9 unit cops who were working during the search. Its,the rumor going around the police dept.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 11:57 AM ----------

They got him on conspiracy to commit which lets the DA charge him with all the crimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    If my Government has several definitions but one type of definition is more popular it would make more sense to use that one. There's a reason why when shady hook happened no one on the super long thread said anything about terrorism but once this happened in this forum this was marked as terrorism, the reason is quite simple and you're just arguing for the sake of it now, and it's going nowhere.
    Let's just say that I won't change my mind and you won't change yours, agree to disagree if I might say and leave it at that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madkitty View Post
    Although it probably won't matter since he will probably get a newbie lawyer defending him, but weren't the bombs found at his brother's house, his brother has the history(which says he isn't to point that out a terrorist) with the FBI, his brother is the one who appears to be the more religious and secluded one. Running comes hand in hand with killing a cop, but which one killed the cop? If it's found to be the brothers gun that shot him, the other could of ran in fear and the whole thing escalated.
    Well then he can be charged with terrorism accessory, which is terrorism.

Then again, there is video evidence of him putting the bag down (which unfortunately is not being released for some silly reason). I wish there were photos of him putting/keeping his bag on the grown near the child that he supposedly killed....

Oh wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then again, there is video evidence of him putting the bag down (which unfortunately is not being released for some silly reason).
    The FBI won't release the most damning and crucial evidence until trial. Pretty standard.

Until then, we're going to have conspiracy theories up the ass about how they were framed, or individuals trying to shift blame etc.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

No its pretty obvious the did it. The cover ups of the FBI fuck ups is pretty glaring though. Gotta love hearing stories from people involved.

Well then he can be charged with terrorism accessory, which is terrorism.

Then again, there is video evidence of him putting the bag down (which unfortunately is not being released for some silly reason). I wish there were photos of him putting/keeping his bag on the grown near the child that he supposedly killed....

Oh wait.
    Photoshop = power!
    red circle (down) have child legs on it without owner...
    (Only half body)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by greeeed View Post
    Photoshop = power!
    (Only half body)
    I'm not seeing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get the conspiracy theories. A bunch of posters and I were on the police scanner from the point the chase began. I have never heard of a manhunt that had this much access for the public. People were yelling at posters who were posting pictures of cops formations as they were approaching a house of interest. That's how pervasive it got...

The event it self was not only televised, but had a plethora of footage of the event from by standers. There are pictures or video of both suspects carrying the bags, planting the bags and even running from the explosion.

It's like that Chappell show sketch about R-Kelly... Accept, we do have everything from cop to grandma footage of the event... How closed minded do you have to be to ignore all of, to believe what you want...

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 04:51 PM ----------

Photoshop = power!
    (Only half body)
    I guess this closed minded is how...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Photoshop = power!
    (Only half body)
    What? What half body.

Theres only the fence, and the fence sign.

We could be back to the Iraq scenario here. So how about the following scenarios staring us in the face. What should the United States' course of action be in each one?

1. We definitively find a link between the bombers and some terrorist training camp / group in Chechnya.

1a. Russia fully cooperates with our investigation.

1b. Russia does not fully cooperate with our investigation.

1c. Russia prevents us from investigating.
    Chechnya is Russian sovereign territory, which means its completely off-limits to any non-sanctioned USA investigation. There is nothing to be done in scenarios 1b and 1c except hope that US diplomats are worth their weight in gold.

Or just give Russians intel and let them handle it on their own.
    Last edited by Ashnazg; 2013-04-23 at 04:55 PM.

Deleted
    Photoshop = power!
    (Only half body)
    Ah now I see it, the child's legs are next to that movie camera. This proves this was filmed in a Hollywood studio, right next to the fake moon set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    What? What half body.

Theres only the fence, and the fence sign.
    Because there is another bomber... In the bushes by a gravelly road....

http://youtu.be/tBz3PqA2Fmc
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi