View Poll Results: Which faction deserves to kill Garrosh more?

Voters
659. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Alliance

    208 31.56%
  • The Horde

    451 68.44%
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I'm going to make the case for the Alliance deserving it more.

    What is it that's incited rebellion from the Horde?

    1. The blood elves being pushed too hard and taking high casualties digging for mogu stuff.
    2. The Dalaran incident. (Blood elves blame garrosh as much as jaina for this apparantly)
    3. Assassination attempt on Vol'jin and putting the darkspear under martial law for fear of rebellion.
    4. Kor'kron secret police.

    While the Alliance have the following:

    1. The mana bombinb of Theramore.
    2. Multiple attempts to drive the night elves from their ancestral lands, including both direct invasions into Ashenvale and driving the Shatterspear Trolls into taking advantage of the Cataclysm to try and take Darkshore.
    3. The attempted invasion of Stormwind.
    4. Crippling Anduin. (Mostly a personal thing for Varian.)
    5. Sending the Horde into Gilneas, driving an entire nation from their homes, men women and children. Sure, he told Sylvannas not to use the plague, but he was still the one behind the invasion.

    For the above reasons, number 1 2 and 5 especially, and considering Garrosh has been an enemy of the Alliance since Cata where as only recently has the Horde finally started to fight him, I'd say he's more an enemy of the Alliance than the Horde, and is not simply a 'horde problem.'
    there are many more reasons for the horde side, including vol'jin's fight with garrosh on early cata, cairne's death on pre-cata, garrosh spending sylvanas' forces as if they were expendable and than calling her a bitch, the underpayment of goblins in 5.3, et cetera.

    but all those reasons can be summarized in 2, one for each faction:

    horde - garrosh is breaking the horde apart;
    alliance - garrosh has been hitting the alliance far too much with dishonorable and dangerous tactics;

  2. #202
    Herald of the Titans LocNess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Indiana, United States
    Posts
    2,924
    Horde. To set in stone that we did NOT want Garrosh as our leader if he went off the deep end like he has.

  3. #203
    Herald of the Titans Emfg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,697
    I don't think anyone will actually wait to kill him. Either he simply dies in the heat of the battle, or he dies because of his own coruption. I honestly doubt it anyone is going to hesitate on killing Garrosh just because "someone deserves it more" to kill him.

  4. #204
    Herald of the Titans Zuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,885
    While Garrosh is a threat to all he can still be considered more an internal problem of the Horde. Alliance getting the kill feels like they're crashing into Horde's birthday party and eating the cake right before our eyes.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

  5. #205
    The Patient Zantera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Gothenburg
    Posts
    342
    The Horde.

  6. #206
    Throughout Cataclysm and a good portion of MoP, Garrosh and his Horde has been shitting all over the Alliance. I think the Alliance deserves the kill.

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    horde

    it's our problem
    Yep. Horde has problems. Boohoo. Why would alliance be interested in problems in Barrens?

    Ofc, my pvp server has 1 to 10 alliance / horde ratio, so.. Your dog pooped, you pick it up.

  8. #208
    Anduin with the help of wrathion will purge the sha influence from garrosh (similar to grom being freed from mannaroth's blood, like father like son as it were). He won't be killed. Seems to be building in that direction imo - wrathion is looking for a victor in the war, anduin is looking for an alternate solution as it were. And those 2 are spending some serious bromance time in that inn. Not to mention now that Jaina's gone a bit off the deep end (B*tches be crazy), alliance need a new version of green jesus to save the world for them and bring peace, ponies and rainbows to everyone.

    Plus, the legendary quest has to end somewhere in SoO.
    Last edited by stuntz; 2013-04-16 at 03:19 PM.

  9. #209
    Blademaster Riak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the ATL
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post





    The Alliance has a longer history with him. Even in Wrath he was antagonizing us, though he hadn't done anything himself yet besides talk. Then comes Cata. Where he invades Ashenvale, intending to drive out the night elves. (More than once if the in game invasion and Wolfheart are supposed to be two distinct invasions.) He's mana bombed Theramore, tried to launch an assault on Stormwind (derailed by Vashj'ir) sent the Forsaken into Gilneas and tried to to take Darkshore through the Shatterspear Trolls.

    But while the Alliance has had reason to kill him for longer, the Horde also have a number of reasons. He used the blood elves like canon fodder in 5.1, tried to have Vol'jin assassinated for not making monsters, tried to put the Darkspear under martial law, used the Kor'kron as secret police against his own citizens, and cheated the goblins out of some money.

    So who do you think has more reason to hate him? The Alliance whom he has invaded on several fronts, or the Horde he has ruled like a tyrant from within?
    Firstly your premise is inaccurate, remember Burning Crusade? Right, it was before Wrath. MANY Horde wanted to gut Garrosh back then, so the horde has had a longer negative history than the alliance. But aside from that, I see the alliance point, he's been rough on them. However I have to go with Varok Saurfang, he started the Garrosh-rebellion at the beginning of Wrath.

  10. #210
    Legendary! Garots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    King's Landing
    Posts
    6,418
    The Horde, for sure. They've got a longer lost of grievances than the Alliance does.

  11. #211
    Scarab Lord Miralynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alterac Valley
    Posts
    4,087
    In my opinion, both sides have a laundry list of grievances that give them legitimate reason to deserve the killing blow. Any statement as to who deserves it more will be its very definition be subjective opinion.

    Objectively, I think it HAS to be the Horde who finally take him down. It seems to me the only way to keep the factions on a reasonably equal footing going forward. Unless of course we're going full-circle to the old-old story of the beaten and downtrodden Horde having to fight their way out from under Alliance control just to be allowed to help save the world when the Legion comes knocking again. Which is possible, I suppose.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Invictus9001 View Post
    The Horde Rebellion is a sign that the division which Garrosh created amongst the Horde races is finally falling apart, and unifying the Horde (in a general sense) towards removing that idiot from power. Then again, I suppose that's why the thought of the Rebellion and the Horde getting the kill bothers you so much. You want to see the Horde remain divided, and use it to secure a killing blow by way of taking Orgrimmar. Boo hoo. Feel happy you're even getting to take a shot at Garrosh at all, given that (frankly) the Horde should have already manned-up and taken out Garrosh, and elected a new Warchief instead*
    Read my whole post. I clearly state I play horde, and my post history will validate this. You are flaming an imaginary version of me.

  13. #213
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,046
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Horde. To set in stone that we did NOT want Garrosh as our leader if he went off the deep end like he has.
    Players may not have but the Horde itself did.

  14. #214
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,850
    I think the killing blow will come from Varian in canon. It would be a good way to end the Garrosh/Varian rivalry and secure Varian as the High King.

  15. #215
    The Lightbringer Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Box
    Posts
    3,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    I think the killing blow will come from Varian in canon. It would be a good way to end the Garrosh/Varian rivalry and secure Varian as the High King.
    I really doubt it. Its actually much more possible (given how cliche blizzard writing is) that with his newfound powers of evil garrosh will finally overcome varian and kill him while anduin is watching. That way that little brat will finally become leader of alliance and ultimate mary sue of azeroth.

  16. #216
    Warchief Azgraal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Unvanquished City of Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    2,009
    I imagine this will happen:

    Having both the Horde and the Alliance surrounding him by different fronts, Garrosh barricades himself on the warchief tent for his last stand. The streets are filled with casualty from the 3 parties and structures are broken or burning. Garrosh's orcs try to push the Alliance forces out with no success, they are easily vanquished and slaughtered. On the other side, the same happens to those armed against the rightful Horde.

    "Dis last step must be taken by the Horde itself mon, cutting the head of the monster" says Vol'Jin to the Alliance forces, who mount a barricade from their side. Inside the tent, Garrosh and his most trusted orcs fight the Horde soldiers trying to enter. As he sees his companions fall, he realises all hope is lost and runs to the back, shouting "This is my place, the Horde is mine!". Running to the warchief chair, he loses balance and falls on a brazier set up on the way. Amidst the smell of burning flesh and pointless movements, Garrosh yells his last words, indecifrable throught the flames.

    Vol'Jin and Thrall catch up to the scene and fall silent at their vision. Thrall then moves closer to the brazier and says slowly "In the end it was you, in disguise, to remove the thorn from the Horde's side. Know that you're no longer Basic." - and turning to Vol'Jin and to the rest of the Horde soldiers that by that time were swarming the room he shouts "Glory to Warchief Campfire!"

    The Horde would then know a new page of its history, one where everyone gets +4 spirit.





    Yep... this is totally going to happen, an imp in a ball told me.
    Last edited by Azgraal; 2013-04-16 at 05:05 PM.
    Disclaimer: The majority of my posts might be dripping in sarcasm. Don't take everything I say literally.




  17. #217
    Dreadlord Lazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Your Moms House
    Posts
    910
    IDK, hard to say. Both deserve to get the killing blow, I would hope Varian would let Vol'jin out of respect and he become warchief then things going neutral and both fighting the legion because we all know that exp is coming next. (at least I hope so)
    "I find this rain quite pleasant. It feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory..."

  18. #218
    Elemental Lord Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    8,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Riak View Post
    Firstly your premise is inaccurate, remember Burning Crusade? Right, it was before Wrath. MANY Horde wanted to gut Garrosh back then, so the horde has had a longer negative history than the alliance. But aside from that, I see the alliance point, he's been rough on them. However I have to go with Varok Saurfang, he started the Garrosh-rebellion at the beginning of Wrath.
    What?! In Burning Crusade people were like "oh, is this Grom's son? he's kind of emo." but nobody cared about gutting him.
    Then in Wrath he became that super warrior, and people were confused about some of his tactics, loved what Saurfang said but that was larely it, Garrosh was more like the militaristic leader, and Saurfang was like the army therapist, who came and told you you're not as bad and gave you a cookie. But still Garrosh wasn't so bad. And what rebellion? Saurfang didn't start any rebellion in Wrath! He just told him to not repeat the actions of the Old Horde, it was more of a lesson being given by a veteran to a rookie, not a rebellion. lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Garots View Post
    The Horde, for sure. They've got a longer lost of grievances than the Alliance does.
    Ok, make the list of Horde grievances then and we'll compare.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Players may not have but the Horde itself did.
    Even some players did, I remember in Cataclysm how there were threads like "is Garrosh really so bad, look at all the great things he did for the Horde!"

  19. #219
    The Alliance needs to have something to do in Siege of Orgrimmar besides watch.

    The Horde already has plenty going on between reclaiming their city and their new Warchief's crowning.
    Last edited by Tyrathius; 2013-04-16 at 05:12 PM.

  20. #220
    Elemental Lord Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    8,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    I imagine this will happen:

    Having both the Horde and the Alliance surrounding him by different fronts, Garrosh barricades himself on the warchief tent for his last stand. The streets are filled with casualty from the 3 parties and structures are broken or burning. Garrosh's orcs try to push the Alliance forces out with no success, they are easily vanquished and slaughtered. On the other side, the same happens to those armed against the rightful Horde.

    "Dis last step must be taken by the Horde itself mon, cutting the head of the monster" says Vol'Jin to the Alliance forces, who mount a barricade from their side. Inside the tent, Garrosh and his most trusted orcs fight the Horde soldiers trying to enter. As he sees his companions fall, he realises all hope is lost and runs to the back, shouting "This is my place, the Horde is mine!". Running to the warchief chair, he loses balance and falls on a brazier set up on the way. Amidst the smell of burning flesh and pointless movements, Garrosh yells his last words, indecifrable throught the flames.

    Vol'Jin and Thrall catch up to the scene and fall silent at their vision. Thrall then moves closer to the brazier and says slowly "In the end it was you, in disguise, to remove the thorn from the Horde's side. Know that you're no longer Basic." - and turning to Vol'Jin and to the rest of the Horde soldiers that by that time were swarming the room he shouts "Glory to Warchief Campfire!"

    The Horde would then know a new page of its history, one where everyone gets +4 spirit.





    Yep... this is totally going to happen, an imp in a ball told me.
    I like this story. As Alliance I support the Warchief Campfire.


    That said, this is a really good point, it would be best for both factions if Garrosh ends up killing himself somehow. That would give justice to both sides.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •