View Poll Results: Which faction deserves to kill Garrosh more?

Voters
659. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Alliance

208 31.56%
  • The Horde

451 68.44%
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    While we surely agree that both sides have valid reasons for deserving to bring Gary to justice. Although the more i think and read about this topic it makes me wonder whether Blizzard will give any faction the satisfaction of dealing the killing blow.
    Just look at this thread here and how people complain about the other faction not deserving it and the own faction wanting/needing it.......wouldn´t it be the most elegant solution for Blizzard to not kill him at all? With this they could avoid the massive complaints from either faction that would surely arise.

We all know Blizzard often likes to take the easy way out. Just think about how they handled the fall of the LK by having a neutral character (Tirion) aiding the hero instead of Sylvanas for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostnappa View Post
    While we surely agree that both sides have valid reasons for deserving to bring Gary to justice. Although the more i think and read about this topic it makes me wonder whether Blizzard will give any faction the satisfaction of dealing the killing blow.
    Just look at this thread here and how people complain about the other faction not deserving it and the own faction wanting/needing it.......wouldn´t it be the most elegant solution for Blizzard to not kill him at all? With this they could avoid the massive complaints from either faction that would surely arise.

We all know Blizzard often likes to take the easy way out. Just think about how they handled the fall of the LK by having a neutral character (Tirion) aiding the hero instead of Sylvanas for example.
    That's why having Garrosh and Siege of Orgrimmar as a raid was always a bad idea. There is no possible satisfying conclusion for either side. It can only go down one of three ways:

1) The Horde rebellion gets the kill and Alliance players get angry, feel left out yet again

2) The Alliance gets the kill and Horde players get angry, feel emasculated and robbed of their kill

3) The raid goes down completely different for both factions, which ultimately leads to Blizzard being forced to pick a canonical version and has the same result as 1 or 2.

Alliance, cause if they don't, people will start screaming Horde bias.

But seriously; I think of what they did with the Halls of Reflection, basically had two sides to it. Granted there, we didn't really kill anyone important. The way they usually go about who killed who is "A pack of Alliance and Horde heroes" or whatever. So hey, they might have two sides of who kills Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaktor View Post
    Alliance.

I play horde and if you check my post history you'll see how little respect I have for Alliance, but i'd have to give this one to them. The Horde rebellion is an indication of how wretched the Horde has become and I'd much rather have some Alliance "hero" get the lore kill than a sniveling backstabber from the horde camp. At least then we can get a dramatic video where the Alliance storm Org and butcher Garrosh and his guards rather than some trolls crawling up behind him.
    you guys got Wotlk killing blow, we deserve an expansion boss kill...

Quote Originally Posted by Oppressionix805 View Post
    Pardon? The killing blow was taken by Tirion, who was not Alliance aligned.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Pardon? The killing blow was taken by Tirion, who was not Alliance aligned.
    He was a stinking human! Not of the horde!

---------- Post added 2013-04-17 at 01:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jealouspirate View Post
    That's why having Garrosh and Siege of Orgrimmar as a raid was always a bad idea. There is no possible satisfying conclusion for either side. It can only go down one of three ways:

1) The Horde rebellion gets the kill and Alliance players get angry, feel left out yet again

2) The Alliance gets the kill and Horde players get angry, feel emasculated and robbed of their kill

3) The raid goes down completely different for both factions, which ultimately leads to Blizzard being forced to pick a canonical version and has the same result as 1 or 2.
    I am still rooting for option 4, GARROSH WINS. Horde players are forced to do penance in banishment in the outlands with Thrall. Alliance players flee while Jaina stays behind to cover the escape. Afterwards Voljin's decapitated head is on the Org gate alongside Jaina's, and the Sha are found out to be created by the Pandaren to manipulate both the Horde and Alliance to their own goals. Garrosh then declares open war, and Sylvanas rises up as the Lich Queen and sacks the Wetlands.

So much better then faction carebearing and evil oil monsters made him do it.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Or hell maybe we're thinking about this all wrong and Garrosh doesn't die at all. maybe he over comes what has taken over him and redeems himself (ala Grom's story) but instead of dying survives, and becomes the awesome Horde Warchief he could have been if Blizz didn't drop the ball on him. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, except we're not taking out Garrosh because he attacked the alliance. We're taking him out because he's ripping the Horde apart.

Once the the Horde handles this little problem, the alliance will be the next thing on the menu.
    Yes, well... Your little problem created the Alliance's greatest weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

The Horde, I'd very much like Vol'jin to be the one who does it.

From a realistic point of view if the alliance did it they'd be seen as the invaders, sure Garrosh is a prat in the eyes of some but he's still horde and it's still a horde city. But if a Horde NPC gets the kill then it'll be a victory for the rebellion and one step closer to that peace Jaina and Thrall always wanted. It could cause resentment in the populous if the alliance did it and since Wrathion's been hyping the legions return it'll probably be better for them to be cool rather than hissing and spitting at each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Oppressionix805 View Post
    Its almost as if there was this Orc shaman who killed Deathwing, who used to be the Warchief of the Horde. Maybe im just imagining it.

Bloodsail Admiral Master Jinora's Avatar
    I want to say the alliance, but I really don't see that happenin' this rodeo. It'll likely be Vol'jin, based on what's been seen from 5.3 he is the only character if any to be given the spotlight. No Alliance hero is given the spotlight at all during 5.3, this means if any alliance hero shows up, it'll be Varian and his pals Bearmantle/Sanguinar, Other then that, there will just be Alliance NPC's.

I'm not joking.
    "Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind."
    — Zaheer

Quote Originally Posted by Nyteyes View Post
    You're right, the Horde deserve to kill Garrosh. I mean its not like that Theramore didn't get literally blown off the map, killing some of our best generals and military and civilian personal and Ashenvale wasn't invaded by Garrosh and savagely killed hundreds of Alliance members using Magnataur shipped in from Northrend during a surprise attack made up of the Horde.
    if they were that good, they wouldn't have gotten killed. only rhonin is an exception, because he could have survived, but he had to sacrifice himself to save jaina.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

horde having the man put in to power to lead you and protect you instead kill you and enslave you is far worse then just having the king of your enemy destroy a town or two of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Baine, his father stood up to Garrosh first, way before anyone did anything(words do not mean jack). He deserves the kill, it begin with Cairne it will end with Baine.
    Agreed.

He was the first to stand against Garrosh, he knew Garrosh was bad blood before anyone else. Cairne started this rebellion. If nothing else, he should get some kind of mention (preferably from Vol'Jin, or even Jaina would be good) as the true spirit of the Horde, or something cliche like that.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2013-04-17 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Garrosh has been your standard enemy to the Alliance. Wrecking forests, sending troops to take over territory, almost kills Anduin, all that stuff.

On the Horde side... Garrosh forbids the Forsaken from getting more troops and keeps them under surveilance. He attempted to assassinate Vol'jin, wanted to keep the trolls under surveilance too and now is pretty much ready to commit genocide. He's using the blood elves to get artefacts, sending them into dangerous territory without warning and ended up causing the Sunreavers to be kicked out of Dalaran (some might be on his side, but I can imagine a bunch were forced...). He doesn't honor goblin contracts (yeah, that's major!).
    Overall he doesn't respect or honor his allies and treats them like crap.

Horde, definitely Horde.
    I think many of the people who have voted for the horde are not very up-to-date on the story. In the book Wolfheart Garrosh goes to great lengths to attack Ashenvale bringing in monsters from Northrend to try to decimate the alliance in a brutal and gruesome assault. In the book Tides of War Garrosh infiltrates the blue dragons and steals the focusing iris with the soul purpose of turning it into a massive bomb and completely obliterate an alliance city. He's done more as well but these are good examples. He's a rabid dog off leash and has his evil eyes set on destroying the alliance. Its only fitting that the Alliance show their might and put down Garrosh for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traknel View Post
    Yes it is. In fact, the next expansion is going to be called "Mists of Metzen" and is just going to be various mobs with his face stuck on them.

Quote Originally Posted by jealouspirate View Post

They could do a middle ground.

Jaina gets to fight Garrosh, she manages to burn him to a crisp. Then the Alliance leaves the area happy they ended the threat. Then the Horde leaders get there and start to discuss, but the Sha-Garrosh rises up and fights them. And as such Alliance feels they won against Garrosh, while Horde feels they put down the evil in Garrosh. And both "killed" him.

Or, even better, make it a teamwork. Jaina and Vol'jin fight together against Garrosh, yet he's about to defeat both as each try to get him themselves. So they decide to work together, Jaina uses her powers to distract Garrosh while Vol'jin leaps behind him. Garrosh turns to see Vol'jin just as Vol'jin strikes him in the chest, but surprise, there's also an ice shard in his back, for when Garrosh turned his back on Jaina she also sent ice shards towards him. So both strike him in same time.

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    They could do a middle ground.

Jaina gets to fight Garrosh, she manages to burn him to a crisp. Then the Alliance leaves the area happy they ended the threat. Then the Horde leaders get there and start to discuss, but the Sha-Garrosh rises up and fights them. And as such Alliance feels they won against Garrosh, while Horde feels they put down the evil in Garrosh. And both "killed" him.

Or, even better, make it a teamwork. Jaina and Vol'jin fight together against Garrosh, yet he's about to defeat both as each try to get him themselves. So they decide to work together, Jaina uses her powers to distract Garrosh while Vol'jin leaps behind him. Garrosh turns to see Vol'jin just as Vol'jin strikes him in the chest, but surprise, there's also an ice shard in his back, for when Garrosh turned his back on Jaina she also sent ice shards towards him. So both strike him in same time.
    To further this, Saurfang could cleave Garrosh as he turns to Vol'jin at the same time Varian heroic strikes him, four major characters dealing the finishing blow.

If Blizz wants to avoid faction rage, I can see three ways for the thing to go down:

1) Chen comes in, punches Garrosh's lights out and lectures us about ending the cycle of hatred or some shit like that.
    2) Garrosh is simultaneously impaled by Varian and Saurfang/some other Horde hero, stumbles away a bit, mutters about traitorous dogs and cowardly Alliance, then proceeds to fall down and die.
    3) Garrosh doesn't die. Redemption, imprisonment, banishment, joint execution, whatever, neither gets the killing blow.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    2) Garrosh is simultaneously impaled by Varian and Saurfang/some other Horde hero, stumbles away a bit, mutters about traitorous dogs and cowardly Alliance, then proceeds to fall down and die.
    "And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!"

I think the Alliance deserves the kill, but for story sake, I think its going to be a Horde character. It'll probably be Vol'jin just to cement his leadership in the Horde. If it was an Alliance character, I think it would be Tyrande.