Poll: Which faction deserves to kill Garrosh more?

Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Which Faction Deserves the Kill?

As we all know, within a matter of months we'll be raiding Siege of Orgrimmar. And thinking of both factions uniting against this bitter enemy, with both having their own reasons to want to kill the bastard, which FACTION do you think deserves to finish off Garrosh more?

This is not about who you THINK will get the killing blow. This is not about which CHARACTER individually deserves the killing blow. But which faction do you think deserves to kill him more?

The Alliance has a longer history with him. Even in Wrath he was antagonizing us, though he hadn't done anything himself yet besides talk. Then comes Cata. Where he invades Ashenvale, intending to drive out the night elves. (More than once if the in game invasion and Wolfheart are supposed to be two distinct invasions.) He's mana bombed Theramore, tried to launch an assault on Stormwind (derailed by Vashj'ir) sent the Forsaken into Gilneas and tried to to take Darkshore through the Shatterspear Trolls.

But while the Alliance has had reason to kill him for longer, the Horde also have a number of reasons. He used the blood elves like canon fodder in 5.1, tried to have Vol'jin assassinated for not making monsters, tried to put the Darkspear under martial law, used the Kor'kron as secret police against his own citizens, and cheated the goblins out of some money.

So who do you think has more reason to hate him? The Alliance whom he has invaded on several fronts, or the Horde he has ruled like a tyrant from within?

10+ Year Old Account
    horde

it's our problem

The Alliance people has suffered shy of nothing at all, while us Hordes have been on the brick of a civil war since the Pandaria campaign.

I thought this wouldn't even be up for picks. But the heroes (players) are getting the kill btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Absolucion View Post
    The Alliance people has suffered shy of nothing at all, while us Hordes have been on the brick of a civil war since the Pandaria campaign.

I thought this wouldn't even be up for picks. But the heroes (players) are getting the kill btw.
    Like I said above, this isn't about who we think will get the killing blow, but which faction deserves it more.

I'd also disagree about the Alliance not suffering anything. Theramore was mana bombed, the people of Gilneas driven from their homes, Ashenvale attacked time and time again. You can make the case that Garrosh has inflicted more suffering on the Horde, but to say the Alliance has suffered nothing over these last two expansions isn't quite true.

Alliance.

I play horde and if you check my post history you'll see how little respect I have for Alliance, but i'd have to give this one to them. The Horde rebellion is an indication of how wretched the Horde has become and I'd much rather have some Alliance "hero" get the lore kill than a sniveling backstabber from the horde camp. At least then we can get a dramatic video where the Alliance storm Org and butcher Garrosh and his guards rather than some trolls crawling up behind him.

Deleted
    None. The players will kill/ beat him up to sense with the help of both Varian And Vol'jin.

Personally, I think the Horde taking him down, from a narrative point of view, is a lot more powerful than the Alliance doing it.
    The Devil Wears Transmog
    World of Warcraft Fashion for the Discerning Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    None. The players will kill/ beat him up to sense with the help of both Varian And Vol'jin.
    Again. This is NOT about who you think will get the killing blow, but which faction you think DESERVES it more. Those are two different things.

I think that the Horde getting the kill carries much greater narrative weight and significance than the Alliance- not to say that the Alliance is undeserving.

It works much better to give a sense of closure and to open up a new "chapter" in the Horde's story.

really doesnt make sense that this is a raid the allaince can do. this is a horde issue imo if the allaince actually get involved then that means we are trying to dissolve the horde once and for all not them let us help them remove there leader the whole situation just feels wrong.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Garrosh has been your standard enemy to the Alliance. Wrecking forests, sending troops to take over territory, almost kills Anduin, all that stuff.

On the Horde side... Garrosh forbids the Forsaken from getting more troops and keeps them under surveilance. He attempted to assassinate Vol'jin, wanted to keep the trolls under surveilance too and now is pretty much ready to commit genocide. He's using the blood elves to get artefacts, sending them into dangerous territory without warning and ended up causing the Sunreavers to be kicked out of Dalaran (some might be on his side, but I can imagine a bunch were forced...). He doesn't honor goblin contracts (yeah, that's major!).
    Overall he doesn't respect or honor his allies and treats them like crap.

Horde, definitely Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Again. This is NOT about who you think will get the killing blow, but which faction you think DESERVES it more. Those are two different things.
    Do you really think people are goin to be unbiased towards thier main faction? REALLY?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Illidan Stormrage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    horde

it's our problem
    Pretty much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither will get the kill. Garrosh will win, it will be the best story twist in video game history. Voljin's head will decorate Orgs front gate! Thrall will be banished to the Outlands, and Sylvanas will rise up as the Lich Queen!
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Do you really think people are goin to be unbiased towards thier main faction? REALLY?
    Biased opinion is exactly what they are asking for.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Did you read the post I was quoting? What I'm objecting to is people saying 'us players will be the ones to kill him' when the point of this poll and thread was explicitly stated above to not be about that, but who 'deserves' to kill Garrosh more. Of course both factions are going to work together to kill him and it'll be us players fighting him probably with a bit of npc help, but that's not what the thread is for.

---------- Post added 2013-04-15 at 04:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Neither will get the kill. Garrosh will win, it will be the best story twist in video game history. Voljin's head will decorate Orgs front gate! Thrall will be banished to the Outlands, and Sylvanas will rise up as the Lich Queen!
    Again, missing the point. It's not about who you think WILL kill him but who DESERVES to kill him more.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So much hate for Mr Hellscream. I want him to survive the raid, just for all the rage on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    horde

it's our problem
    Garrosh wiped out a human kingdom with the Warcraft-equivalent of a nuclear bomb. Sure it's your problem.

Deleted
    Alliance deserves it. Why? Simple, because otherwise this expansion will end as another Horde centric one. It would be shown that the Horde rebels were strong enough to fight against both the full might of the united Alliance and the superweapons of Garrosh and his goons, which would make the Alliance look like total wimps. So, for there to be any chance of Alliance redeem, the Alliance needs to get the kill as they deserve it.