Poll: Which faction deserves to kill Garrosh more?

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly, the Alliance has nothing to do with this. It's a Horde issue, and the Horde alone should handle it.

That said, I want Vol'jin for Warchief.

First raid tier in 6.1 we will hear;

"Orgrimar was merely a setback!"
    - Garrosh Hellscream

This is also all under pure speculation that we actually do kill him. He may be a raid boss, but who's to say it doesn't cut to a scene when he hits 1 hp and he lives in some way. I can't decide unless I know for certain that he's dead for one, and two, both factions have very strong reasoning for wanting to part his tiny head from his disproportional shoulders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Frankly, the Alliance has nothing to do with this. It's a Horde issue, and the Horde alone should handle it.
    The Alliance has everything to do with it when the Horde ransacked Alliance territory and killed countless numbers of it's citizens starting a war with them wasn't there before.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

That said, I want Vol'jin for Warchief.
    Garrosh's objective since Cataclysm has been to wipe the Alliance off the face of Azeroth. The Alliance absolutely does "have something to do with it" and have just as much reason to kill Garrosh and any Horde members do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Extremely biased horde player here.

I feel like the Horde should get the kill because Garrosh is their mistake, and they should be the ones removing it.

EDIT: though I hope Jaina is involved somehow after what happened with Theramore.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    Extremely biased horde player here.

I feel like the Horde should get the kill because Garrosh is their mistake, and they should be the ones removing it.

EDIT: though I hope Jaina is involved somehow after what happened with Theramore.

See, I'm a completely Alliance player and I still think the horde should get it. Bias doesn't really come into play here. The Alliance have been tag-alongs for years. I'm not complaining, mind you, but its just common knowledge. To give us the kill would be the biggest cop-out in the game to date and would be robbing the Horde of an honor that's actually effected them.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I think it would be excellent narrative and CLOSURE for the horde to do it. When Garrosh first came into power I was "meh" about it, I was hoping he would lead the Horde to it's former glory, give us a sense of purpose and light a fire inside us to really stimulate the war between the Alliance. Instead, he:

- Found a way to turn the horde inside out and turn our horde brothers against one another
    - Attempted to assassinate one of the most bad ass horde members (Vol'Jin)
    - Forbid the forsaken and namely Sylvanas from repopulating and helping them survive
    - Used the blood elves as fodder for further mogu artifact digging / intelligence
    - Turned his back on the Goblins
    - Created a secret police (SS anyone?) that used whatever arm of the law they chose on the horde people

I understand the Alliance is pissed - rightfully so, however, this is WAR. In war everything is fair game, us attacking you is part of the struggle, the tug and pull of conflict. A leader that turns his denizens against him is not meant to rule nor should he. It is up to the Horde to stand up for ourselves in one final climatic battle and end that miserable fools reign.

Ideally, I would love for Jaina / Lorthemmar / Vol'Jin to team up, or just Lor / Vol and give the final blow.

Garrosh, your time is nigh. Your iron grip over the horde will come to an end. I cannot wait to stand over your corpse and spit on it and look forward to a new Horde, a better Horde, a united Horde.

15+ Year Old Account
    Baine, his father stood up to Garrosh first, way before anyone did anything(words do not mean jack). He deserves the kill, it begin with Cairne it will end with Baine.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I notice some Horde bias. It should go to the Alliance, and let's just put this in context: the Alliance needs and deserves a major victory. Just one single "Take that, Horde!" moment we see in game.

I'm not talking about the seige of Orgrimmar, which basically will boil down to doing Vol'Jin's dirty work by sea, handing the city right back to him, giving him a "she'll be right!" wave and sailing off into the sunset.

I think it's fair to say that although gameplay-wise it was necessary to balance zones, but in Cataclysm the Alliance was basically a punching bag. The Horde got all the victories, the Horde got the juiciest lore and the Horde's most front-and-centre character was made the neutral hero without losing his factional loyalties. The horde even got the second half of the Worgen starting storyline.

What we need is a time-appropriate version of Dalaran floating in the sky over Theramore's old location... Or a repopulated Gilneas for the Worgen. Maybe some new quest content in the Arathi Highlands that has Stromgarde reclaimed for the Alliance and Thoradin's wall fortified as a new beach-head against the Forsaken, or.... Heaven bloody forbid... Varian ramming a sword through Garrosh's chest.

This shouldn't be a colaboration between the Horde Rebels and the Alliance. This shouldn't be the Alliance being subservient to the Horde. This should be the Alliance smashing their way in with the Rebels' distraction, cleaning Garrosh's clock with overwhelming numbers, and then taking the high road. By high road of course, I mean being the bigger men/women and not razing Orgrimmar... But handing the keys over to Baine and Voljin as an act of mercy and fence mending... Then riding off victorious into the sunset.

Come on. After 2 wars the Horde started and all the post-Cataclysm shit the Alliance has been through, we deserve that one big "You get to live because we're nice and let you live." moment.

I really hope Blizzard don't deny us that, but I know they will. Varian deserves the kill, but I'm sure Vol'Jin will get it.
    I can wholeheartedly agree with this, Mister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    The Alliance has everything to do with it when the Horde ransacked Alliance territory and killed countless numbers of it's citizens starting a war with them wasn't there before.
    Yeah, except we're not taking out Garrosh because he attacked the alliance. We're taking him out because he's ripping the Horde apart.

Once the the Horde handles this little problem, the alliance will be the next thing on the menu.

Our faction, our problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Our faction, our problem.
    Garrosh is hardly just a Horde problem. Get over yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    Garrosh is hardly just a Horde problem. Get over yourself.
    He is, though. Any Horde leader would hopefully be attacking the alliance anyway. Nothing personal, it's all war. Especially now that the green Mary Sue is off being Captain Planet, hopefully they'll promote someone who's going to fulfill the quota of war without sacrificing their own people in the process.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    He is, though. Any Horde leader would hopefully be attacking the alliance anyway. Nothing personal, it's all war. Especially now that the green Mary Sue is off being Captain Planet, hopefully they'll promote someone who's going to fulfill the quota of war without sacrificing their own people in the process.
    That doesn't mean that Garrosh isn't a problem for the Alliance. He quite obviously is, you know, trying to wipe them out and all. The Horde is a problem for the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I think that the Horde getting the kill carries much greater narrative weight and significance than the Alliance- not to say that the Alliance is undeserving.

It works much better to give a sense of closure and to open up a new "chapter" in the Horde's story.
    You're right, the Horde deserve to kill Garrosh. I mean its not like that Theramore didn't get literally blown off the map, killing some of our best generals and military and civilian personal and Ashenvale wasn't invaded by Garrosh and savagely killed hundreds of Alliance members using Magnataur shipped in from Northrend during a surprise attack made up of the Horde.

Deleted
    While we surely agree that both sides have valid reasons for deserving to bring Gary to justice. Although the more i think and read about this topic it makes me wonder whether Blizzard will give any faction the satisfaction of dealing the killing blow.
    Just look at this thread here and how people complain about the other faction not deserving it and the own faction wanting/needing it.......wouldn´t it be the most elegant solution for Blizzard to not kill him at all? With this they could avoid the massive complaints from either faction that would surely arise.

We all know Blizzard often likes to take the easy way out. Just think about how they handled the fall of the LK by having a neutral character (Tirion) aiding the hero instead of Sylvanas for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostnappa View Post
    While we surely agree that both sides have valid reasons for deserving to bring Gary to justice. Although the more i think and read about this topic it makes me wonder whether Blizzard will give any faction the satisfaction of dealing the killing blow.
    Just look at this thread here and how people complain about the other faction not deserving it and the own faction wanting/needing it.......wouldn´t it be the most elegant solution for Blizzard to not kill him at all? With this they could avoid the massive complaints from either faction that would surely arise.

We all know Blizzard often likes to take the easy way out. Just think about how they handled the fall of the LK by having a neutral character (Tirion) aiding the hero instead of Sylvanas for example.
    That's why having Garrosh and Siege of Orgrimmar as a raid was always a bad idea. There is no possible satisfying conclusion for either side. It can only go down one of three ways:

1) The Horde rebellion gets the kill and Alliance players get angry, feel left out yet again

2) The Alliance gets the kill and Horde players get angry, feel emasculated and robbed of their kill

3) The raid goes down completely different for both factions, which ultimately leads to Blizzard being forced to pick a canonical version and has the same result as 1 or 2.

Alliance, cause if they don't, people will start screaming Horde bias.

But seriously; I think of what they did with the Halls of Reflection, basically had two sides to it. Granted there, we didn't really kill anyone important. The way they usually go about who killed who is "A pack of Alliance and Horde heroes" or whatever. So hey, they might have two sides of who kills Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaktor View Post
    Alliance.

I play horde and if you check my post history you'll see how little respect I have for Alliance, but i'd have to give this one to them. The Horde rebellion is an indication of how wretched the Horde has become and I'd much rather have some Alliance "hero" get the lore kill than a sniveling backstabber from the horde camp. At least then we can get a dramatic video where the Alliance storm Org and butcher Garrosh and his guards rather than some trolls crawling up behind him.
    you guys got Wotlk killing blow, we deserve an expansion boss kill...