Poll: Which faction deserves to kill Garrosh more?

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I wonder how many of the people here claiming Alliance deserves the killing blow also claim Alliance doesn't have to invade Orgrimmar and Vol'jin ought to grovel and be thankful for their aid in the other thread.
    ummm... I think Alliance has to invade Ogrimmar, but I also thought Vol'jin should be thankful for our help, in the end, we can only do this together. And if we wouldn't have joined the first to fall would have been the trolls of Echo Islands... the Alliance would have still had some time to get ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    ummm... I think Alliance has to invade Ogrimmar, but I also thought Vol'jin should be thankful for our help, in the end, we can only do this together. And if we wouldn't have joined the first to fall would have been the trolls of Echo Islands... the Alliance would have still had some time to get ready.
    You mean the trolls that I (a Blood Elf) saved for Thrall in 5.1? I think 4 races vs 1 inside our own faction is enough to get rid of Garrosh. We dont need the Alliance help. The only reason the Alliance is even part of the equation is because Jaina wants revenge for Theramore while weve had to put up with Garrosh's stupidity and getting us killed for a long time.

I would be perfectly happy to just oust Garrosh and give him over to Jaina so she can torture him or whatever she wants. That way we are able to control our own destiny and the Alliance gets some revenge.
    Last edited by Prokne; 2013-04-19 at 10:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    You mean the trolls that I (a Blood Elf) saved for Thrall in 5.1? I think 4 races vs 1 inside our own faction is enough to get rid of Garrosh. We dont need the Alliance help. The only reason the Alliance is even part of the equation is because Jaina wants revenge for Theramore while weve had to put up with Garrosh's stupidity and getting us killed for a long time.

I would be perfectly happy to just oust Garrosh and give him over to Jaina so she can torture him or whatever she wants. That way we are able to control our own destiny and the Alliance gets some revenge.
    You need the Alliance help because Baine said so. Next time listen to the speech. You can't do this alone, simple as that.

Also, in terms of him killing you for a long time, most races of the Horde cheered for him up until recently when he started using sha power and tried to kill Vol'jin. I think the Alliance has a longer pain with him.

Deleted
    I'm dissapointed. =(
    I made valid points of reason and nobody even took a wiff at them. =(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    I'm dissapointed. =(
    I made valid points of reason and nobody even took a wiff at them. =(
    I disagree with your points:
    1. Both factions stepped on eachother's toes. First, the portal opened and Horde poured in, Horde stepped on the Alliance toes for obvious reasons. But then Horde was betrayed by Horde, so Horde stepped on Horde toes. So Alliance won, thus stepping on the Legion toes, as the Legion was directing behind the scenes, it actually helped the orcs to stop them or they would have become all slaves to the Legion for good.

The Alliance put them in camps because the only other option was killing them. After all, they were those creatures that poured through a portal and rampaged their lands, they can't just let them go, and them rising up again is kind of a problem for obvious reasons.

In Kalimdor the orcs don't see them as being followed. In fact, as I remember, Thrall wanted to check out and see what's the deal, while Grom was "oh, humans? ok, let's kill them". So again, it was not Alliance that stepped on the Horde toes, but the other way around because of Grom. The Alliance had not attacked them before that.

True about Admiral Proudmoore. To add, the Frostwolves, who've also been annoyed by the dwarves in their new lands even if they weren't bothering anyone.

Not quite about the rest... remember he had reasons to do that. He went to a peace summit, agreed to sit with the Horde and bum, orc assassins pop. That's quite convenient for the Horde, isn't it? All the Alliance leaders there and orc assassins. It was acceptable for Varian to come to that conclusion.

And Camp Taurajo? What about Southshore, or Ashenvale (which, by the way, the invasion of Ashenvale by Garrosh happened before the invasion of Southern Barrens)? Or those don't count? The Alliance should just sit and be rolled over? But even ignoring that, think of it another way, the orcs had been annoying the night elves since before Classic and yet before Cataclysm they still agreed to meet with Horde representatives to talk after finding skinned night elves! And what happened? Well I tell you what happened, the representatives disappeared. *poof* Sure, we, the players know they were killed by the Twilight Cultists, but from the night elf point of view they were killed by orc weapons at a peace summit.

And orcs try to mind their own business? Like when? When the Warsong was cutting wood in Ashenvale JUST to provoke the night elves? No, they weren't minding their business, they were trying to pick a fight. Looking over the sea, the forsaken, attacking Gilneas, who was a neutral kingdom, wiping Southshore off the map and then killing the prince of Stormgarde even if he wasn't attacking them, were they minding their own business? NO!

Look at most conflicts in Azeroth, most are Alliance defending: Ashenvale, Darkshore, Azshara, Stonetalon, Wetlands (Dragonmaw), Gilneas, Hinterlands (the trolls send you to plant banners in the Alliance camp, I never got a similar quest on Alliance side), Arathi Highlands etc. These are all places where the Horde is the one attacking! You know in relation before Cataclysm where the Alliance attacked? Well Southern Barrens Alterac Valley, Durotar (though rebel fleet), Hillsbrad Foothills and I can't really think of more... can you? Swamp of Sorrows was during Cataclysm... hmmm... I don't know.

And no, if the Alliance takes him out, they help save the Horde. They will be the heroes. It would erase some of their previous crimes and bond more friendship as they're killing the dictator that spilled Horde blood. The Alliance don't kill him "because he was an orc". They kill him because he was a tyrant. His amazing past deeds don't matter anymore. It doesn't matter he was a great leader and veteran of the Northrend campaign when he's spilling Horde blood the same it didn't matter Kael'thas saved his race when he attacked them back. The same it didn't matter when Illidan helped saved his race only to doom them by planting a new Well. Just because they did some good thing it doesn't excuse them from the bad they did. If I save an old lady the officer will still give me a ticket if I cross on red and he sees me. Because that's how things work.

I'm still not so sure he'll actually die, and the hero NPCs will decide to show him mercy at the last minute when he's on his knees ready for the deathblow after the players have owned him. There will be a big show where Varian and Anduin will talk Jaina out of killing him on the alliance side. There will be an equivalent on the horde side, but where Thrall manages to stop Vol'jin/Sylvanas from doing it. I'm expecting faction-specific outcomes either way though, similar to Deathbringer Saurfang where each faction has a different little cutscene that happens after the fight is over.

Then he gets exiled to some shithole like Vash'jir or something. If he does actually die, I think Jaina deserves the KB more than any. She's been through a lot because of his warmongering. He dropped the WoW equivalent of a fucking nuke on her home. I think that's just cause for Jaina to shove a fireball down his throat.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-04-21 at 12:34 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I'm still not so sure he'll actually die, and the hero NPCs will decide to show him mercy at the last minute when he's on his knees ready for the deathblow after the players have owned him. There will be a big show where Varian and Anduin will talk Jaina out of killing him on the alliance side. There will be an equivalent on the horde side, but where Thrall manages to stop Vol'jin/Sylvanas from doing it. I'm expecting faction-specific outcomes either way though, similar to Deathbringer Saurfang where each faction has a different little cutscene that happens after the fight is over.

Then he gets exiled to some shithole like Vash'jir or something. If he does actually die, I think Jaina deserves the KB more than any. She's been through a lot because of his warmongering. He dropped the WoW equivalent of a fucking nuke on her home. I think that's just cause for Jaina to shove a fireball down his throat.
    It'd be a parallel to Grom if he sacrifices himself to take out the Sha of Pride/whatever at the end

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post

Sparing him makes absolutely no sense whatsoever for either faction.