Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    just wondering what the heck yall mean by RPPM?

Real Proc Per Minute.

Blizzard put it on nearly everything this tier.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Do you guys use the default simcraft rotation?

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TDFCheef View Post
    Do you guys use the default simcraft rotation?
    Most hunters use http://www.femaledwarf.com/. Far as I know, it gives better results than simcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyloggins View Post
    I usually don't use FD ever unless it's to get a general idea of how a new change is going to work, and that's because Zeherah is way faster at updating than the simc guys. The logic behind using Simulationcraft exclusively is frankly that simulation is better than formulation (meaning that FD tries to express everything with a spreadsheet, ie formulas, and simulationcraft basically runs thousands of unique simulations to get an average). Simc's model seems pretty solid for BM and RPPM, so I trust its results. Going from Crit > Haste to Haste > Crit nets me 1500 DPS as BM using simc. Stat weights are also here: http://goo.gl/z5lBF

Overall there is definitely a noticeable difference in trinket uptimes, but it's hard to say whether or not I have noticed a DPS increase from the reforging. This is due to working within the margin of error, constant gear upgrades, and simple RNG.
    So Download the Simcraft did some test today. I went all haste> crit and results where this basically haste = crit

Could this be right I feel maybe I did something wrong:

I think kenny may have simmed as BM and not SV.

Quote Originally Posted by Megabloks View Post
    I think kenny may have simmed as BM and not SV.
    Yeah, for SV, haste and crit are close, even on FD this relationship holds. For BM and MM, haste overtakes crit with metas, set bonuses, and RPPM trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    Yea if anything those fights favor BM even more so since you have higher chances to have procs up at the same time again after a period of not attacking.. and all those up again along with a fresh BW = a lot more dmg.. I just don't get your logic..
    His logic is 2 BWs > 1 stacked BW.

Sorry for bumping this old thread but I just wanted to ask: Is it worth losing agility for secondary stats(haste or crit)? Is it worth going for socket bonuses?
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles View Post
    Sorry for bumping this old thread but I just wanted to ask: Is it worth losing agility for secondary stats(haste or crit)? Is it worth going for socket bonuses?
    Really depends on the socket bonus.

I went for socket bonus on my Links of the Disintegrator since 160 crit + 120 haste out weights 80 agility. For most of my single blue sockets I prefer going for red agility gems despite the agility socket bonus since when over the cap it would be a waste.

Deleted
    Concerning socket bonuses, what would be the agi to secondary stat weights? As in for example 80 agi versus 160 crit / 160 haste etc

socket bonuses like 180 crit / 60 crit / 120 haste / 60 agility mainly if the socket is yellow.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles View Post
    socket bonuses like 180 crit / 60 crit / 120 haste / 60 agility mainly if the socket is yellow.
    Looking at your armory, the only thing you need to change is the bracers. Get an orange gem in there. The blue sockets with agi bonuses should be agi/hit only if you can make use of the hit, otherwise pure agi is better (as you have done).