Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
22
... LastLast
  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Which is why MW monks top a lot of WoL logs. Makes sense... oh wait, it doesn't.
    Who's talking about monks, and what makes you think even if I was that your comment is relevant in the slightest?

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 07:51 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    I love how you conveniently leave out that devo is useless on any damage that isn't magic damage. So consider fights like Horridon, Ji-Kun, Tortos where the huge raid spikes are physical; we lack a raid cooldown to deal with those, while the big healing cooldowns for other classes still work.

    Stating that a paladin are FAR over the healing of Monks is false. If you were a druid or shaman I would sympathize, but monks are completely fine this tier.
    You should familiarize yourself with the concept of effective health.



    Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    You have nothing to do, you are overhealing the content. Period. Asking for healer balance based on farm content you are overhealing makes no sense.

    And you always have something to do. We are putting mastery on the raid. You are getting Renewing mist on as many people as possible so you can uplift the high damage phases. Not a hard concept. We are both preparing for those high damage phases.
    So if I have nothing to do in downtime between burst spikes on heroic encounters I'm overhealing content? Sorry that's not how it works. It's quite clear that blizzard pretty much agrees, and I'm more confident in the analysis of their statisticians.
    Video Game Blog - Now with 100% less World of Warcraft!

  2. #222
    Pandaren Monk Freia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post

    You should familiarize yourself with the concept of effective health.
    That has absolutely nothing to do with the point I made whatsoever.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    So if I have nothing to do in downtime between burst spikes on heroic encounters I'm overhealing content? Sorry that's not how it works. It's quite clear that blizzard pretty much agrees, and I'm more confident in the analysis of their statisticians.
    You are doing what every healer is doing and preparing for the spike phases. I guess now you don't need renewing mist up to uplift? /sarcasm

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by gnorrior View Post

    You're quite literally insane.
    You're going to come into a thread discussing the PTR changes, which, from what I can tell, nearly everybody who is commenting on it is "fine" with and drop this?

    Classy.

    I'm not going to address any of your statements because I can tell you are just a flamewar waiting to happen and we don't need any MORE of that in here, tbh. Some of your points we have addressed in the last page or two, care to address/debate any of the points already made in the thread?

  4. #224
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon City
    Posts
    3,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Who's talking about monks, and what makes you think even if I was that your comment is relevant in the slightest?
    You're playing one, and whining about being unable to heal. I think that is pretty relevant to the discussion.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    You are doing what every healer is doing and preparing for the spike phases. I guess now you don't need renewing mist up to uplift? /sarcasm
    There are more classes than paladins and monks, most of which are limited to retroactive healing and the extent of "preparing" is precasting 2 seconds before the damage comes.
    Video Game Blog - Now with 100% less World of Warcraft!

  6. #226
    Moderator aiko-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    5,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    There are more classes than paladins and monks, most of which are limited to retroactive healing and the extent of "preparing" is precasting 2 seconds before the damage comes.
    See: Shaman

    I'm not going to argue against whether Paladin mastery is OP or not, but it's stupid either way. It's a frustrating mechanic for other healers, especially for low damage phases where there's literally nothing to heal because of 100k+ absorbs.
    Do you play SimCity 5? Come join us on the MMO Champion Regions!
    My Origin friends list is full but hit me up by PM if you want to build a city with me.

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    You're playing one, and whining about being unable to heal. I think that is pretty relevant to the discussion.
    I'm arguing that paladin mastery in it's current state encourages mindless overhealing and diminishes the gameplay of other healers at it's current strength, therefore this nerf being justified.
    Video Game Blog - Now with 100% less World of Warcraft!

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    There are more classes than paladins and monks, most of which are limited to retroactive healing and the extent of "preparing" is precasting 2 seconds before the damage comes.
    ITT: Terrible Monk complaining about getting beat by better players.
    Shuttle of Blood Legion

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    I'm arguing that paladin mastery in it's current state encourages mindless overhealing and diminishes the gameplay of other healers at it's current strength, therefore this nerf being justified.
    You really don't understand how paladin works and should stop posting in this thread. I agree our mastery is strong but what makes it so strong is our t14 4 piece. As for diminishes the gameplay of other healers? I don't know what game you are playing. Maybe do a fight that is not Horridon or Jin'Rokh? You also must not play with any decent disc priests or do you complain in all of their threads too?

  10. #230
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    I'm arguing that paladin mastery in it's current state encourages mindless overhealing and diminishes the gameplay of other healers at it's current strength, therefore this nerf being justified.
    We've said this many times:

    1) The only thing diminishing other healers' gameplay is either a) they just suck and need buffs (druid), b) you're 3 healing content that's meant to be 2 healed or 5 healing normal/outgeared/farm 25 content that "should" be 3 healed, in which case some heal specs, besides paladins, will also begin to dominate.

    2) If you "mindlessly overheal" that's not supposed to be encouraged, on progression (not farm with unlimited mana) content, that's just being stupid and inefficient. If I just overhealed on a fight mindlessly, I'm spending 4x mana for 1/4 the HPS.

  11. #231
    Pandaren Monk Freia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    I'm arguing that paladin mastery in it's current state encourages mindless overhealing and diminishes the gameplay of other healers at it's current strength, therefore this nerf being justified.
    Whats funny is not many people are disagreeing with the nerfs, they are disagreeing with people like you coming in here saying paladins are trivializing content and making every other healer useless and the current nerfs aren't enough. The two classes who have come into this thread most to complain about paladins are monks and priests--two classes that do not have issues.

    The heroic logs posted in this thread show you barely getting outhealed by one of your paladin healers, all while you claim you "nothing to do in your low damage phases". So you basically put out a crap ton of healing is a small window. Give me a break. You really think the amount of healing monks put out at the moment isn't also adding to shaman and druids healing weakness? Oh look you just uplifted and healed a bunch of targets instantly and negated druid hots and shaman heals. If absorbs get nerfed to the ground like all of you absorb haters are crying for, we will see the highest throughput healer dominate. And I am pretty positive everyone knows what class that will be and it is not druids and shaman.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-04-24 at 08:36 PM.

  12. #232
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon City
    Posts
    3,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    I'm arguing that paladin mastery in it's current state encourages mindless overhealing and diminishes the gameplay of other healers at it's current strength, therefore this nerf being justified.
    And yet somehow, MWs rank 1st on a lot of fights already. Don't you see a contradiction in your statement?
    If you were a drood, it would have been somewhat more receivable, but then again, the answer would be to buff druids, not nerfing paladins.

  13. #233
    In lieu of some really dumb & long winded comments, I'll conclude with something short and sweet. If I was wrong, you wouldn't be getting a nerf to your mastery scaling.
    Video Game Blog - Now with 100% less World of Warcraft!

  14. #234
    I'm sorry Reglitch...but with the state of MW atm...with you guys running full crit and ditching all spirit, MW needs to be re-analyzed.
    You guys don't even need spirit with the new Meta gem. Affiniti posted that he's going for the 9k haste cap and then capping crit, which is just silly.

    Once the absorbs get nerfed, it's going to make MWs do even more healing...which you guys already dominate (sorry, just look at WoL 25m Normal/Heroic).
    Druids will still underperform, because...sorry - they can't put up instant healing to 12-15 people like you can.
    I just think it's hilarious: pool your chi, spec into chi brew and you can get 4 instant uplifts that heal 12-15 people.
    So yes, absorbs are strong, but with them being nerfed, enjoy dominating healing ... yet again.

  15. #235
    There is no point to even respond to him when he doesn't understand how this game works. It is not worth anyones time. This is the same guy that thought going full haste in 5.2 was going to be viable and a week later changed back to regular gemming.

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    If I was wrong, you wouldn't be getting a nerf to your mastery scaling.
    The conclusion does not follow from the premises. Error: assuming infallibility on Blizzard's part.

  17. #237
    Ribbon Guru Simca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,504
    The 4P nerf sucks, but I get it.

    It's pretty funny; all 4p seems to always be either OP (and gets nerfed - e.g. T13/T14) or awful. There is not often a middle ground.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

  18. #238
    Even on HC encounters the Pally mastery can make up 37-50%~ of a Paladin's total healing.

    Absurd.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Treseme View Post
    Even on HC encounters the Pally mastery can make up 37-50%~ of a Paladin's total healing.

    Absurd.
    If the content is being healed with appropriate healers, Mastery should be ~30% total healing, if the Paladin is using EF meter pad spec it can be as high as 37% on proper encounters, anything above 40% just means there are too many healers or you're doing farm content

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    If the content is being healed with appropriate healers, Mastery should be ~30% total healing, if the Paladin is using EF meter pad spec it can be as high as 37% on proper encounters, anything above 40% just means there are too many healers or you're doing farm content
    The same argument was used by Disc Priests and they still got nerfed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •