Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Daybreak buff could be interesting if the healing isn't split...

10+ Year Old Account
    Tier-14 Holy Paladin 4-piece set bonus now reduces the cooldown of Holy Shock by 1 second, down from 2 seconds.
    Blizzard strikes again: YOU HAVE TO WEAR T15, BECAUSE WE WANT TO!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    No, it's a 16.67% nerf to mastery and, as previously stated, a 5-6% nerf to overall healing throughput.
    Where are you getting 16.67% from? People keep speculating that it's more than 2% or whatever, but I have yet to see any solid numbers or blue posts regarding this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzyz View Post
    I don't like the mastery nerf though :P It wasn't godly or anything. It has a high % of healing mainly because shields will always be taken before direct healing and almost all of our spells triger it. Bah, oh well, I dont believe it to be game breaking but a little peeved >.<
    It was getting to the point where even in moderate damage situations other classes had absolutely nothing to heal.

---------- Post added 2013-04-17 at 12:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Blizzard strikes again: YOU HAVE TO WEAR T15, BECAUSE WE WANT TO!
    How dare they make lower item level gear worse!

---------- Post added 2013-04-17 at 12:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineux View Post
    Where are you getting 16.67% from? People keep speculating that it's more than 2% or whatever, but I have yet to see any solid numbers or blue posts regarding this.
    From what I understand it's a 2% base nerf, then another 1/6 nerf to scaling.

Where is this Scaling info?!?! I've been digging through ptr notes for 5.3 and haven't seen it anywhere?

Your base mastery percentage is determined by the scaling of your mastery. Each spec since when the mastery stat was first introduced gets 8 mastery points by default.
    Your base percentage of mastery comes from the following:

Base mastery percentage = (Default mastery points * (mastery scaling * 100)) / 100

With the above in mind you have:

5.2 (Current) : 8 * 1.50 = 12% illuminated healing base
    5.3 (PTR) : 8 * 1.25 = 10% illuminated healing base

So in order to reduce base mastery all they did was nerf the scaling per point of mastery.

Deleted
    They should increase the range of daybreak really. In 10 man raiding, that proc is fucking useless except on megaera, and lei shen when you all stack up.

Anyway, is the healer meta worth using? I mean, when it procs of a heal with no cast time, you will waste some of the proc on gcd, and then if you are lucky get 2 casts off that cost mana. If it procs from say a flash of/divine/holy light or radiance, then you will get more out of the proc due to not being locked down by gcd, but considering we also have 3 instant heals aside from lay on hands, which are used vigorously (2 of them being free), I just can't see how this meta can be worth using.

The spirit from revitalizing primal diamond is constant mana gain, and the extra crit effect on critical heals is also nice, + scales with mastery.

Not to mention how the legendary meta proc will be wasted during downtime, aside from putting free mastery shields up. Also sort of waste if it proccs when you are at 5 holy power, and wanna cast a wog/lod.

edit: made post more clear
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2013-04-17 at 01:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    if it's not proccing from a heal with cast time, you will waste some of the proc on gcd.
    It does proc from heals with a cast time. At leastt procs, for example, from Chi Burst and Surging Mists.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treseme View Post
    It does proc from heals with a cast time. At leastt procs, for example, from Chi Burst and Surging Mists.
    Euh, I can see why you misunderstood, I made poor use of words . What I mean was when it procs of an instant cast, and not a spell with a cast time, like when it procs from a holy shock instead from any spell with a cast time.

Deleted
    Euh, I can see why you misunderstood, I made poor use of words . What I mean was when it procs of an instant cast, and not a spell with a cast time, like when it procs from a holy shock instead from any spell with a cast time.
    ... It procs off of anything.

It procs when you change talents.

Deleted
    I think you're severely overestimating the value of 432 spirit, it's 242 MP5. In a 7 minute encounter that's only 20.3k mana returned, in other words, if you managed to get even one cast of Holy Light in during 7 minutes, the meta gem has given you a bigger increase than 432 spirit ever would have.
    Last edited by mmoc3f252392be; 2013-04-17 at 02:19 AM.

Anyway, is the healer meta worth using?
    I made a power auras for mine and when it procs I try to get a couple flash heals on the tank with beacon to generate some holy power. That or a HR/DL (on beacon ideally) + HS.

I think so far it's been pretty sweet, as a pally you just have to be aware of when it procs to best utilize the free mana. Just did heroic horridon with it - last week I was running on fumes for the last phase but this week I was hovering around 35% mana when last phase started, which is a huge improvement.

Meh, I'm a very fair person and Holy is outa control (I main Holy in Raids). When I'm 7 ilevels behind the other healers and still doing 25% more healing, something is wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treseme View Post
    ... It procs off of anything.

It procs when you change talents.
    jesus i didn't mean if it can proc or not from spells, i ment that if it procs from an instant and not while your casting a castable heal, then you waste some of the proc on gcd.

I made a power auras for mine and when it procs I try to get a couple flash heals on the tank with beacon to generate some holy power. That or a HR/DL (on beacon ideally) + HS.

I think so far it's been pretty sweet, as a pally you just have to be aware of when it procs to best utilize the free mana. Just did heroic horridon with it - last week I was running on fumes for the last phase but this week I was hovering around 35% mana when last phase started, which is a huge improvement.
    Yes, you gotta be smart with it, but you having more mana on h horridon doesn't necessarily have to be because of the meta though. I've entered last phase with 20% mana, and 90% mana. Depends on how good ppl are at avoding unecessary damage..

Anyways, I can't use it yet, because I'm still rocking a normal un-upgraded t14 headpiece, and I'm not swapping out of 4 set until I get t15 4 set.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2013-04-17 at 02:58 AM.

Yes, you gotta be smart with it, but you having more mana on h horridon doesn't necessarily have to be because of the meta though. I've entered last phase with 20% mana, and 90% mana. Depends on how good ppl are at avoding unecessary damage.
    Still though, like someone else said the mana the spirit meta gem would generate for you over a 7 minute fight is around 20k. If you have cast a single flash heal or divine light while the legendary meta gem is proc'd, you've already made that 20k mana that would otherwise take an entire 7 minute fight to make with the spirit meta gem.
    Last edited by Lumineux; 2013-04-17 at 03:00 AM.

Deleted
    Still though, like someone else said the mana the spirit meta gem would generate for you over a 7 minute fight is around 20k. If you have cast a single flash heal or divine light while the legendary meta gem is proc'd, you've already made that mana that would otherwise take an entire 7 minute fight to make with the spirit meta gem.
    Yeah you are right. I never really tried to debate wether it's better or not, I was simply just wondering if it was worth it mostly because I'm a bit disapointed in it. It's a very unintresting proc compared to the other legendary metas. Much like our t15 set bonuses :/

Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    Meh, I'm a very fair person and Holy is outa control (I main Holy in Raids). When I'm 7 ilevels behind the other healers and still doing 25% more healing, something is wrong.
    Yes there is something wrong, your other healers are BAD if you're 25% over them unless you raid with a resto druid and resto shaman and even then they have to have no idea what they are doing.

Yeah you are right. I never really tried to debate wether it's better or not, I was simply just wondering if it was worth it mostly because I'm a bit disapointed in it. It's a very unintresting proc compared to the other legendary metas. Much like our t15 set bonuses :/
    Yeah it's not as cool per say, but I'm quite happy with it. Always down for some free spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    It was getting to the point where even in moderate damage situations other classes had absolutely nothing to heal.[COLOR="red"]
    No it isn't. Maxed out mastery shields are not common(really only done pre-pull). As said in another thread, holy pally mastery is not Spirit shell. It absorbs smaller amounts throughout the fight because it is attached to all healing(other than beacon), so that is why it adds up. It isn't something that can be used to totally negate all damage. If you are having issues with mastery completely negating the need to heal, your group is overhealing and outgearing content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    No it isn't. Maxed out mastery shields are not common(really only done pre-pull). As said in another thread, holy pally mastery is not Spirit shell. It absorbs smaller amounts throughout the fight because it is attached to all healing(other than beacon), so that is why it adds up. It isn't something that can be used to totally negate all damage. If you are having issues with mastery completely negating the need to heal, your group is overhealing and outgearing content.
    No, you don't understand, holy paladin mastery is worse than spirit shell. Spirit shell at least requires the finesse of planning, IH is completely passive and rewards heal spam regardless of the situation. Paladins already intrude on the gameplay of HoT healers such as Mistweavers and Restoration Druids. Without even considering the fact that you have one talent which makes you arguably better at the specialized niche of two other classes, how on earth do you think it's fair that it also has a buffer to the main caveat of said niche (overhealing).

I'm lucky enough to play with two very talented holy paladins, I cannot compete with either of them until damage starts getting past their shields. Even in heroic content, their shields can stack during low damage phases to absurd amounts, when it comes time for actual damage on the raid it's completely neutered.

Paladins have currently by far the best HoT in the game, the best shields in the game, the best cooldowns in the game, and the best tank healing in the game. All of which they can access with one talent build, which is pretty much godmode as far as PvE healing is concerned. As far as I can see, every problem with paladins at the minute is caused by their cheap access to Eternal Flame, which could be solved either by entirely removing the ability (my ideal solution), giving it a minimum HP cost, making the HoT portion not transfer to beacon and not generate IH, making your mastery not generate shields on overhealing, or nerfing the crap out of your mastery.

I don't like this solution, because by next patch we'll be in the same boat all over again, but it's better than nothing and I'll definitely take it.