Shaman Revamp needed?

To me shamans feel like of the most bland and untouched classes in the game, do you think a revamp for the class would be good? and what kind of revamp do you guys think would be cool?

I was thinking of perhaps adding an mechanic for elemental where you have 4 different elements (kind of like runes) and they determine which spell you can cast or which spell becomes more strong.

I'm thinking about having 4 elements, 1 for each spec.

Earth = Tank
    Water = Resto
    Fire = Enhancement
    Air = Elemental

Deleted
    We dont need a tank spec, FORGET about it already! And if anything, Enhan is about air and Elemental is fire themed.

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    I'm thinking about having 4 elements, 1 for each spec.

Earth = Tank
    Water = Resto
    Fire = Enhancement
    Air = Elemental
    I guess that could be their prime elements but if their abilities are only those elements doesn't seem to fit with the theme of shamans being masters of the elements.

the important thing is if there is a revamp the specs should still feel as before and not get some carbon copy of something else.
    a mistake a lot of people do when making suggestions imo. when I want a playstyle like a boomkin I do play a boomkin. end of story.

edit:
    while it would be fun to have a tank spec so I could play tank with my shaman and don't have to switch to a twink I don't see this happen. however it is fun to talk about. I know.

and UcanDoSht said it already elemental is fire and enhancer is air. just look at ascendance.
    I think the core concept of shaman was that all spec use/share the same abilities. this is some signature of shamans.
    so if you separate them by element theme in the long run this signature will be removed. don't like it to be honest.
    Last edited by Nebria; 2013-04-16 at 09:35 AM.

Needs an overhaul since wotlk tbh, the need only grew with additions to others.

The biggest fault with the class is still totems. I've said this like 4 years or so ago: Totems are a synonym for weakness. The worst thing that can happen to a shaman ability is being implemented as a totem. CPT is the best example for that.

They're still attackable without exception and in that the only utility with such a drawback, as well as back to 5hp before implementation for the 3rd or 4th time now, making totems the only utility cooldowns counterable by everyone, their pets and angry squirrels.
    They're still limited to elemental brackets (earth/wind/water/fire totems), making abilities like HTT/HST, EET/SBT/EBT/RGT/TT or GT/SLT incompatible
    They're still immobile
    And since 5.1, they're not plantable while silenced

All the while bringing no advantages over other's utility (there's hardly anything unique we have there), beside being undispellable (which is also the case for many rogue, hunter, warrior and some other abilities, as they're counted as physical abilities).

It's the "all-weaknesses-in-one" concept they also used with hex, or the 4.1 aoe system.
    It would go a long way if blizz decided to make something of totems.
    Last edited by Omanley; 2013-04-16 at 10:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.