Deleted

Stretching arms? How?

Went to the gym yesterday for the first time in months. Afterwards, I stretched the majority of my body to the best of my ability. However, I realize today that I probably missed a spot: the spot opposite the elbow (on the "inside" of the arm; where the upper and lower arms meet). How would I stretch this area?

Deleted

Have you tried this?

Deleted
    I'm afraid stretching won't help much at this point. You were too hard on yourself in the gym. When returning to the gym after an extended period of inactivity, you should really go easy on yourself, even if it feels you can do more weights etc. Basically what you have is too much lactic acid in your muscles, and the most common places for it to appear is indeed in the spot you described.

In my case the best treatment is to just rest a bit and in a few days the pain will be gone. But if you feel like taking additional treatment measures, feel free to google lactic acidosis treatment and go from there.

Source: Personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Santiims View Post
    I'm afraid stretching won't help much at this point. You were too hard on yourself in the gym. When returning to the gym after an extended period of inactivity, you should really go easy on yourself, even if it feels you can do more weights etc. Basically what you have is too much lactic acid in your muscles, and the most common places for it to appear is indeed in the spot you described.

In my case the best treatment is to just rest a bit and in a few days the pain will be gone. But if you feel like taking additional treatment measures, feel free to google lactic acidosis treatment and go from there.

Source: Personal experience.
    Bullllllshittt. Lactic acid does not build up this way. What he has is doms or tendonitis. Doms is thought to be caused by breaks in the z bands in the muscle (it is not known for sure but it certainly is not caused by lactic acid). Tendonitis is inflammation of the tendons. It sounds to me like he either has golfer's elbow or tennis elbow. Look up these terms, figure out which one you have, and then look up treatment for both. From your description it sounds most like golfer's elbow and the treatment is utilizing the stretch given by the forum poster above, using ice, resting it, compression, and keeping the joint raised.

Lactic acidosis is a serious condition in which your entire body shuts down. You feel sick.
    Last edited by jbhasban; 2013-04-16 at 12:08 PM.