Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Annoying Co-workers

Hey guys, wondering what kind of fun stories you all have about other people at work that annoy the crap out of you and why, it can be anything from they stink bad, talk/laugh too loud, won't leave you alone, leave dirty dishes at their desk for months on end etc etc...

I'll start to get the ball rolling. Approx 1 month ago I started a new job. 3 other guys started with me. B, F and S. F and S are really nice as is everyone in the team but my goodness B annoys the crap out of me. He's horribly arrogant. Thinks he's gods gift to the call centre, he tries to control everyone as though he's the boss and tries to turn everything into a competition which shits me no end...

We both started at the same time and I admit i'm a slow learner and i'm struggling as there is ALOT to take in, as is F and S we're slowly getting there learning more each day but it really gets tiresome listening to B going on and on and on about how his stats are brilliant and how other co-workers should really pick up his game as they slack compared to him and constantly crapping on about the amount of calls he's taking like it's some kind of prize... he also says to the guy next to me "go and have some more wrap so I can beat you then i'll have the fastest average wrap in the team!"

It just drives me insane the constant "Look at me! Praise me! Aren't I good!" and if you dare disagree with him (for example he believes that customer must to xyz and you say well no it's actually abc) does he get snappy towards you. Thankfully it's only B, everyone else in the team is really nice. More than happy to help and don't think they are gods gift lol

So yeah that's mine. How about you guys?

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Deleted
    Some bastard shat in my kettle last week, that says something about my co-workers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Recently I get along with pretty much everyone in the office, but I've had annoying coworkers before. I sometimes can't even put my finger on what bothers me about them, but when two people aren't compatible, they simply aren't. You can suck it up and work together anyway, but it sucks.

Once, when I was a restaurant manager, I assigned one of my best workers to train up a new employee on closing. She objected because she wanted to get out early. I told her that she was the only person on the shift I trusted to do a good job training. The next day she went to the general manager and told her she didn't want to be scheduled with me again. When asked why, she said I bothered her. She even started to say it was almost as if I was racist (she was black and I'm caucasian), but then stopped and said that she knew that wasn't true. That I just rubbed her the wrong way.

Sometimes there are just people who rub you the wrong way for no particular reason and there's nothing you can do about it.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2013-04-16 at 01:24 PM.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

One of our architects is a babbler. Before you know it you've covered three to five comprehensive topics in painstaking detail only to circle back to the first simplistic question.

It annoys me when a female colleague eats, drinks coffee and breathes loudly. It annoys me when a male colleague eats snacks loudly and stinks up the room after he goes out to smoke. I am most annoyed that the 2 morons constantly come to the window behind me and stare like idiots outside for minutes and talk about stupid stuff.

Also another female co-worker's little spawn is sick 300 days of the year and she is always sick, because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    One of our architects is a babbler. Before you know it you've covered three to five comprehensive topics in painstaking detail only to circle back to the first simplistic question.
    I had a teacher like that. He was trying to teach the class networking. My goodness did he make even the most simple concepts seem awfully confusing. He'd start talking about something then he'd break off into random tangents about other things then occasionally go back to what he was originally talking about then go off in several different directions agin and he'd talk for an hour and by the end of the hour you were that confused you had a headache and completely forgot not only what you originally set out to learn but everything else he'd also said in that hour of rambling

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

There is a gentlemen in the cubicle across from me that will eat raw baby carrots every day at noon. I mean, the whole biting in half crunch and continuing to chew with his mouth open. It drives me insane, though lately I have just been putting in headphones around lunch time to negate the sound.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have had one bad colleague, who happened to be my boss. Under no circumstances were we allowed to talk to our other colleagues at work during working hours. Now this wasn't a rule of the entire office, the other departments would be talking and chatting while they do their work. To say our moral was low would be an understatement, and while we were going slightly complicated financial work, there is no reason why we couldn't chat to our colleagues, but the thing that pissed me off the most, was that out boss never shut the fuck up talking to another boss opposite her desk, they would chat till the cows came home, with only about 5% of it work related. >: (
    It was a generally awful place to work, however, we got some small revenge, when everyone in the department quit over a period of 3 days leaving her well screwed.

Deleted
    mine are all right, except this one indian guy who doesn't seem to speak much english and always asks me if i have a girl friend

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Some bastard shat in my kettle last week, that says something about my co-workers.
    After reading this (which I laughed about far too much btw)
    What I was going to say about how someone used to mess with the keys on my keyboard at work sort of pales in comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paq View Post
    I have had one bad colleague, who happened to be my boss. Under no circumstances were we allowed to talk to our other colleagues at work during working hours. Now this wasn't a rule of the entire office, the other departments would be talking and chatting while they do their work. To say our moral was low would be an understatement, and while we were going slightly complicated financial work, there is no reason why we couldn't chat to our colleagues, but the thing that pissed me off the most, was that out boss never shut the fuck up talking to another boss opposite her desk, they would chat till the cows came home, with only about 5% of it work related. >: (
    It was a generally awful place to work, however, we got some small revenge, when everyone in the department quit over a period of 3 days leaving her well screwed.
    Wow, talk about a way to screw over your department's morale!
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a Co-Worker thought it would be funny to put cigarette ashes in my lunch bucket... with my fresh foods.

Needless to say I flipped a few tables and dared anyone to do it again until I found out who it was.

Man the nerve of some people.. They really need to grow up.
    Founder of Kentuckynerd.com come visit for podcasts and more!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    mine are all right, except this one indian guy who doesn't seem to speak much english and always asks me if i have a girl friend
    Say yes, and he'll leave you alone.

I'm the confident guy where i work. I say confident and not arrogant because I'm incredibly over-confident I'm just not an asshole about it.

That said the people who annoy the living shit out of me are the people who are unsure. The one's who always ask for help with even the most menial task and second guess themselves and me when told the correct answer to begin with. I put on a smile outwardly, but on the inside I die a little inside every time I see one of these morons approach me for yet another in a long line of unending questions. Honestly I'd probably be happier at work if i WAS arrogant and made myself out to be an asshole that nobody bothers.

I feel like the ability to be bold and take risks is dying out.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Currently it's a girl at another location. She is stupid in the sense I could send her something via e-mail and 2 weeks later ask for the same thing again. She's also not computer literate as in if you say "Press Start" she will ask you where that is. The funniest one Skype is replacing Messenger so she asked me to take over her computer as the "Skype" upgrade wasn't working. After I took it over on the screen in great big letters was "Install Skype here" or words to affect. I pressed the button and it loaded just fine.

Previously, it was a co-worker that annoyed the hell out of me but she quit about 6 months ago. She was actually here 15-20 years ago when she was a teenager (so was I) and I found her funny and admit ally was kind of cute. She left us but came back about 2 or 3 years ago and she didn't grow up at all but acted like she was 12. She was rude to the customers and co-workers. She would play on Facebook and look for other jobs openly. Loved to talk about other people behind their back. Argued with her husband over the phone in the office while everyone could hear her. Needless to say by that point everyone hated her and she was well on her way digging her own grave. The end came when she based her co-workers on Facebook which her co-workers read and sent to the boss. After a lecture she quit. I have a feeling at some point she will be back after she pisses off her new co-workers.

Luckily I have nobody who really annoys me here at work. But then I'm a generally laid-back kind of person and don't get annoyed by much in the first place, so y'know.

Either that or I'm the annoying one to everyone else!

That said, one of my co-workers is one of those who says 'brought' instead of 'bought'. I wince every time she says it.

I had a boss send me an email to buy a coffee maker for the breakroom ($500 coffee maker). When the president of our company saw the expense report he flipped his wig. My boss lied and said I picked it out and bought it, but I just printed out the email that said go buy this specific $500 coffee maker and handed it to him. My boss spent the rest of the afternoon being yelled out in the president's office. Sadly, my boss is family and won't be fired for lying, but it felt nice to walk by that close door and hear screaming and humuliation

Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    Say yes, and he'll leave you alone.
    Or ask you about her in utter detail.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Or ask you about her in utter detail.

yeah i tried saying yes before, he asked a few more questions, one being where did i get money or something along those lines, hes quite hard to understand, mostly i just smile/laugh/nod.

---------- Post added 2013-04-16 at 02:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post

thats digusting! im guessing alcohol was involved here? :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    yeah i tried saying yes before, he asked a few more questions, one being where did i get money or something along those lines, hes quite hard to understand, mostly i just smile/laugh/nod.

---------- Post added 2013-04-16 at 02:43 PM ----------

thats digusting! im guessing alcohol was involved here? :P
    I think I know who it is but I cannot prove it, I got a promotion back in February and I think it was the guy that was passed over for it.