Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    As hilarious the scenario is and as much answers are still open, you guys didnt notice one consequence.

If ALL people had to make the next 6 month with what they have, there will be LOADS of people who wont make it, since they didnt have anything right from the bat or shortly after that.

BUT people that dont have anything to eat dont sit there until they starve. Sure thing they will try to survive.
    Not telling you that this is a bad move, but it would inevitably lead to a drastic increase in crime rates.
    Some wont even wait for hunger but rob you for whatever they think they need right now.

So what does this mean for the rest?
    If you got bareley enough money to buy food for the next 6 month, estimating prices will be stable (LOL), you aint got enough, since you need to invest in security stuff which increases the chance of you, keeping your goods.

10+ Year Old Account
    6 months? At least make it a challenge.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klork View Post
    I lift my wages every month from bank and keep them in my house hidden. Everyone tells me it's a stupid idea. They won't be saying that when the ATMs rise against us and kill them all
    It's a very stupid idea, house fires are much more common than banks collapsing.

Deleted
    After 2weeks Glasgow would be like a scene out of Resident Evil.

Deleted
    I lift my wages every month from bank and keep them in my house hidden. Everyone tells me it's a stupid idea. They won't be saying that when the ATMs rise against us and kill them all
    Hope you live in a 6inch thick steel safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Grucky View Post
    How's that different to normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool man, time to go crime spree because I have a coin of 2 euro. Bank account has around 30 cents total.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    It's a very stupid idea, house fires are much more common than banks collapsing.
    Sure; house fires are more common than banks collapsing.
    However, there's millions of houses to a single bank.

So the chance that your personal house gets burnt down is not as large as the chance of banks collapsing. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    How's that different to normal.
    Hehe

I think it was some Brad Pitt film they shot here. Was supposed to be post-apocalyptic America.

All they did was change the road signs....

Deleted
    It already is, especially on giro day.

---------- Post added 2013-04-16 at 04:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Sure; house fires are more common than banks collapsing.
    However, there's millions of houses to a single bank.

So the chance that your personal house gets burnt down is not as large as the chance of banks collapsing. :P
    Then you also need to take into account robberies, accidents, flooding etc....

Deleted
    It already is, especially on giro day
    What I was hinting at by the 2wks RICH. Try to keep up

Deleted
    What I was hinting at by the 2wks RICH. Try to keep up
    I get ya, I am a little slow today.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't need much money to survive for six months. Just head out to a lake somewhere with some medicine, water purification device, fire starting mechanisms, shelter, and equipment for hunting. I already have all that stuff, so I'd probably just need gas money to get where I'm going.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Deleted
    In that unlikely scenario where money is still worth something, I'd last anywhere from 4-6 months.

It already is, especially on giro day.

---------- Post added 2013-04-16 at 04:00 PM ----------

Then you also need to take into account robberies, accidents, flooding etc....
    Good point. But what with cybercrime becoming an easier alternative, it's still not very safe to use banks.

Assuming everything would cost the same, 6 months would be a strecth but not by any means impossible. I would propably have to live only on noodles or something else really cheap.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, what about rent and stuff? Is that still being charged? Can people still work? I need more information than just "hey there r crisis wat do nao".
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be fine, £800 in my bank ( thank you student loans!)

I'm considering purchasing a crossbow anyway, and my house has multiple swords which, while are only ornamental, are still pretty sharp, they wouldnt obviously fare well in sword on sword combat, but would last a while for basic stuff such as killing animals.
    I'd just try and bug out to scotland, I could buy most of the supplies I need with the money I have, mostly water purification and non perishables, all of this is theoretical ofc, chances are i'd be dead within a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to how the majority of the population lives currently. No rhetoric involved.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Maximum Overdrive?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a few grand in the bank, I'll be fine for six months I think.
    Putin khuliyo