Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Hero of Shattrath unobtainable

Hi everyone.

Months ago we had rumors claiming this Feat of Strength cannot be completed anymore. As in, even by fulfilling the requirements, you couldn't get it.
    I don't like trusting rumors, so i waited for confirmation.

Do you know if Blizzard really made it impossible to obtain it?

Deleted
    ive not heard anything about it, but i cant see it on the achievemnts window, unless its a FoS?

Deleted
    Why don't you just read the wowhead comments on the achievement? http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=1205

Its still available.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's the one that makes you go from fully exalted Aldor/Scryer, then switch to fully exalted the other?

I don't see why it would be removed, since it was never hard to do, other than tedious and boring.

Ooh, spider/basilisk part farming for days. EXCITING!
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2013-04-16 at 02:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    claiming this Feat of Strength
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    ive not heard anything about it, but i cant see it on the achievemnts window, unless its a FoS?
    Its a FoS

---------- Post added 2013-04-16 at 02:39 PM ----------

Try this instead:

I was granted this Feat of Strength in 5.1.0, despite being exalted with Aldor and Scryers on different chars.
    Get exalted on a different character with a different faction. Easier than farming basilisks.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Its a FoS

---------- Post added 2013-04-16 at 02:39 PM ----------

Try this instead:

Get exalted on a different character with a different faction. Easier than farming basilisks.
    Wait, what? I thought it had to be the same character, meaning you had to farm ~1300 or so body parts for enough turn ins to get to neutral, then grind rep the rest of the way like normal?

Guess I need to go look at my FoS's, because I thought I had gotten exalted on another guy. Ah well, doesn't matter, I still want to swap my main over to Aldor because I want the tabard to complete his xmog look.
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2013-04-16 at 02:50 PM.

Deleted
    It was a comment on wowhead. Some people had to zone into scenarios for it to trigger though Can't confirm personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't you just read the wowhead comments on the achievement? http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=1205

Its still available.
    I ask because there were reports of people fulfilling the requirements to no avail; after contacting GMs, they were told it wasn't obtainable anymore.
    We can agree GMs sometimes give wrong answers, but still, i wanted to know if this is the case.

As for those of you who said they got it by having exalted Scryers/Aldor on different characters: as far as i've been told, it was a bug. It was kept in game, but from then on, no one could get the FoS anymore (that's what i've been told).

Has anyone attempted it recently?
    Last edited by Lord Pebbleton; 2013-04-16 at 06:43 PM.

I could probably do this in the next day or soon my DK as I have a crapton of unused Marks and Fel Armaments collecting dust. I am already exalted on my lock with Scryers, so I could finish off the Aldor and see what happens. Not expecting anything though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geegeez View Post
    I could probably do this in the next day or soon my DK as I have a crapton of unused Marks and Fel Armaments collecting dust. I am already exalted on my lock with Scryers, so I could finish off the Aldor and see what happens. Not expecting anything though.
    I think they fixed the bug where you could achieve it by having the reputations on different characters. It happened due to account-wide stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I think they fixed the bug where you could achieve it by having the reputations on different characters. It happened due to account-wide stuff.
    Make it unobtainable and give me my damn title already.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    Make it unobtainable and give me my damn title already.
    Title? What title? It's about as imaginary as your charity...

Doesn't work, I tried that a couple of months ago when the bug for this cheev was going around.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Quote Originally Posted by S Blieft View Post
    Title? What title? It's about as imaginary as your charity...
    The title that's been requested since the FoS first came out?

And charity, oh you mean the thing that I was going to do, until everyone decided to be a pompous ass about it so I ended up considering that it wasn't worth my effort to try and convince people to donate to people who lost their legs and essentially their lives whilst still being alive, but hey, let's donate to charities like the Red Cross, oh they do stuff with the money sure, it's nowhere near what you want them to do with it though. Giving the victims the money themselves, definitely not a good idea.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    And charity, oh you mean the thing that I was going to do, until everyone decided to be a pompous ass about it so I ended up considering that it wasn't worth my effort to try and convince people to donate to people who lost their legs and essentially their lives whilst still being alive, but hey, let's donate to charities like the Red Cross, oh they do stuff with the money sure, it's nowhere near what you want them to do with it though. Giving the victims the money themselves, definitely not a good idea.
    ...i don't know what to say.
    I believe S Blieft referred to the fact it's a bit rude to say "remove it and give me the title", since it sounds like you want it to go so no one else can have a shot at your title.
    I have no clue what legsless people and Red Cross have to do with this all.

That was a bug that only happened when the patch dropped. It wont work now. Maybe if it comes back at a later patch just have a toon with both just in case.

Deleted
    Got it few weeks before MoP patch came and never had problems with it.
    You need the rep on 1 character to receive the feat of strenght (reading above posts, there was some bugs not to long ago apperently)
    And sadly there is no title so except some feat of strenght text added to your achiev window it does nothing then kill brainsells from boredness farming of 1300 items required to push hated back to neutral.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    That was a bug that only happened when the patch dropped. It wont work now. Maybe if it comes back at a later patch just have a toon with both just in case.
    Alright then! he better get farming then!

I got this achievement by getting exalted with scryer then farming spider sacs from the spiders and handing in for rep. it took a very very long time. if you have alts currently leveling in outlands, use them to farm the spiders for the sacs. its a very long grind but worth it if you like rare achievements. As soon as I hit friendly, I farmed in Nagrand at Twilight Ridge. This area seems to have a very good drop rate on Fel Armament. I did this grind at level 80 and these mobs hit me quite hard. I am sure this will be very easy to farm now at level 90.

When 5.0 hit and account wide achievements came, people were reporting that they got this achievement by having exalted with each faction on different characters. I cannot confirm this but if this was the case then I suspect it was a bug as this would make the achievement very easy. Instead of wasting your time trying to do this, I would suggest doing it the way this achievement was intended to because you don't want to waste your time if it doesnt work.

This grind took me 2 weeks of 4 hour farming each day. That is a total of 56 hours. I also brought some sacs from other levelers however this cannot be done now due to cross realm zones. Hunt the auction house. You may get lucky!

Good luck

I believe this grind does deserve a title - The Hero of Shattrath.

I actually did the swap in TBC for the faction-specific recipes, before achievements even existed. I was so mad when they announced the FoS but said they weren't going to datamine it and anyone who had already done it would have to do it again, even though I still had the recipes that proved I had done it and owned both tabards. Fortunately, while I was still about halfway through grinding basilisks, they recanted and gave it to me.

As far as I know it's still obtainable.