Poll: What would you do?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Nah, who knows how long could you be able to enjoy all that money, if you die all of sudden from something.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish4ever View Post
    For fiif question:

10 years of you natural live span. If you die from a car accident he will still have those years.
    So, then... what's to stop him from taking the years, killing me, then taking back the money and keeping the ten years for free?

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    You guys are seriously screwing yourselves up agreeing to this. What if you were only due to live another 10 years? You would snuff it right there before spending a single penny of your new wealth. You have no idea how long you have left, better not to gamble I say.

Edit: reminds me of deathnote and the shinigami eyes, we all know how badly that turned out.
    This is what i was about to post. Lets say i was to live to 85, i'd be perfectly happy living to 75 instead. However lets say 10 years to this day from now i get shot or something, that means i'll die instantly or within 24 hours.

You kind of need to know ahead to gamble it away. Also, what about your loved ones and relatives? To me, i wouldn't want to make my girlfriend live years on after i've died. I wouldn't want my family and friends to see me snatched away by death a decade before them. When my loves ones and I die, i'd prefer we all die around the same time, so none of us are left to watch the clock alone. It will happen, i'm sure, but i'd rather not take away more chances of it not happening .

Edit: woah i must be tired, i noticed one mistake so i went to edit it and now i've seen 12+ >.<
    Last edited by Sliske; 2013-04-18 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Derp!

Deleted
    In a heartbeat. A life struggling for money isn't a life worth living. (In my opinion)

Deleted
    Id sell him 50 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you sold more years then you had remaining would you just fall over and turn to dust?

Regardless, i'd give em 10 years. Be smart with it and get a good doctor to keep me alive and healthy afterwards. :P
    60 Priest - Sinfel https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...eldorei/sinfel
    60 Mage - Redrayn https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ldorei/redrayn

I used to have a cool signature, but now its limited it 6 lines and that has my boobs all twisted with anger!

Deleted
    After 55 you go cripple, demented, soarboned, incontinent, and you can't do the good things in life anymore.

Are you really asking wether ill give up my days pissing myself while not being able to move from my chair because my bones acke to live like a god now? Hell yes.

Deleted
    I'd give him the 10 years.. I don't wanna be over 60 anyways

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 03:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    This is what i was about to post. Lets say i was to live to 85, i'd be perfectly happy living to 75 instead. However lets say 10 years to this day from now i get shot or something, that means i'll die instantly or within 24 hours.

You kind of need to know ahead to gamble it away. Also, what about your loved ones and relatives? To me, i wouldn't want to make my girlfriend live years on after i've died. I wouldn't want my family and friends to see me snatched away by death a decade before them. When my loves ones and I die, i'd prefer we all die around the same time, so none of us are left to watch the clock alone. It will happen, i'm sure, but i'd rather not take away more chances of it not happening .

Edit: woah i must be tired, i noticed one mistake so i went to edit it and now i've seen 12+ >.<
    He said that the years come from the natural living years only, not from accidents or other means of death... I don't know where the gamble is... The people in my family usually live to be around 70... I'll gladly live to around 60 before i become dement and my bones start to crumble

I'd sell a fair few because I don't want to live to an age where I'd become a burden/would have to depend on others.
    I'd be happy living to about 40 or 50. Men in my family (usually) live to be 80-90, so I'll happily shave those extra years off.

Deleted
    Aaaa hell no
    I wanna see my grand grand children

i am in charge of my on destiny. im a real man like KAMINA!
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

Does he take your soul and make you live on as a ghost til you make up those years? Thats assusming that you die early and he still has say 7years left
    If so then yes

10+ Year Old Account
    Not in a million years. Life is a gift, better embrace it while it lasts. No amount of money could ever buy memories, nevermind human life.

I'd sell around 10-15, maybe 20. Would rather not grow old and have trouble doing anything on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    You guys are seriously screwing yourselves up agreeing to this. What if you were only due to live another 10 years? You would snuff it right there before spending a single penny of your new wealth. You have no idea how long you have left, better not to gamble I say.

Edit: reminds me of deathnote and the shinigami eyes, we all know how badly that turned out.
    This is true, but think in 10 years what all will you be doing? Working every day, maybe going out once or twice a week (assuming you aren't already rich) I mean, you aren't exactly going to do anything super exciting anyway.

If you're good with money $5,000,000 can last a very very long time, and you can still afford to travel the world and (depending on how old you currently are) you can retire on the spot. Even if you only had 11 years to live, and you lost 10 of those, that would still be one amazing final year of your life.

I'd personally take the deal without even hesitating. I'm probably only going to live to maybe 70 max, so then I'd die at 60, which is fine. That's plenty old enough. It'd be very nice to be able to just do relax and not worry about money for the rest of my life.

I would probably consider selling up to 5 but seeing as 10 is the minimum....probably not. I don't know. my great grandma lived to 99 and my grandparents on the opposite side both made it to their late 80s, so I don't think living to 90 is that far out of reach for me if I don't get run over by a cement mixer or something before then. That being said, I had to witness all of them falling apart in their last year(s) so I don't think it's a bad thing to miss a few of those late years, pooping your pants and requiring someone to be with you at all times or not remembering things is not really my definition of life. It's very rare when you feel pretty good at that age and peacefully die in your sleep, at least from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    Or you might get run over by a bus tomorrow.
    The OP has already stated that any death other than natural causes wouldn't be affected by your selling-of-years. If I die tomorrow in a car crash, I'm going to die tomorrow regardless if I sell my years or not.

Off the end of my lifespan, sounds fine with me. But since that's unspecified, I'll need to make sure I don't recognize the mysterious person giving me this deal from a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Agree to the deal, sell him about 35 years, buy a stake, get some holy water and garlic, put the vampire to sleep while I find out how I can take his life taking powers.
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2013-04-22 at 10:49 PM.