Thread: Disc 2pc

Disc 2pc

I understand the T15 2pc bonus is very strong for holy, but I was wondering. I got the helm last night, but I have the 535 from Tortos and I was wondering if it was worth swapping regular tier for the 2pc bonus.

Right now I was going to use it when I play holy, but I'm curious to see what people who have the set think. It's probably a loss of 200 intellect and 200 spirit, but also losing crit for mastery as main stat on it.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

I kind of doubt it, PoM is always low on my priority list as disc priest. Even I can't explain why i dont use it more often, as it kind of is a nice cheap ongoing heal....
    So if you PoM on CD, yea, i think it is quite worth it. However, most disc priests don't PoM that much.

Well, look over logs, look at how much healing comes from PoM and you can approximate how much more output the 2 piece would give you. There's a bunch of fights where I barely use PoM, because it just doesn't bounce around often enough.

I'm currently debating whether I should break my 4 piece t14 (all 504 ilvl) for 2 piece t15 (522 ilvl). Penance CD reduction is just so strong, I don't know if superior stats can outweigh that. I'm already only taking tier tokens no one else wants because I feel the upgrade is marginal in any case.

Sometimes I'm wondering about how other discs are healing, seems like hitting three buttons 'smite' spamming POH with SpS.... all the time - and nothing else.
    I use about 10 spells reguarly in process.

I am absolutely convinced about that it's really cool to have a stronger group-healing spell (and a smart! one) - because as long as we have an average overhealing amount of 30-40% there's, in my opinion, no reason to be concerned about a lack of 200int or spirit...

The 4pc bonus isn't worth to consider if I look at the Restor.Druid 4pc bonus e.g.

I just got the 2 set, and before I didnt use PoM, now I use it on the tank every time I go to refresh my shield for rapture... only tried in LFR, but it usually does around 10% of my healing done, so not too bad for an instant spell! (playing atonement reforged to crit)

You're right about the T14 bonus.
    But at the moment I do not have any bonuses at all, and it's fine.
    (flash-heal is "evil" - my tank shouldn't expect it too often.. it's kinda disciplinary measure of my own and penance is a filler which is strong but only as a tank-heale or other critical situations, the rest of my healing comes via grp-heal) I'm healing together with a R.druid. We are alone most of the time.
    To be concerned about he bonuses are a kind of personal habits which should have an end over time. Using a new tool isn't so bad at all.

I have always one tank in my focus. My spell pom is on my button no. 2.
    I'm using a macro

/cast [{at}focus] prayer of mending

it's always on cd on my tank.
    If anyone has got two injured tanks at the same time; happy ringing...

PoM can and will Proc Divine Aegis aswell. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastisch View Post
    Sometimes I'm wondering about how other discs are healing, seems like hitting three buttons 'smite' spamming POH with SpS.... all the time - and nothing else.
    I use about 10 spells reguarly in process.
    I'm in a pretty under-progressed guild and I have a similar glut of spells used. If I wasn't healing with such an array we would probably be struggling even more than we are at the moment. Part of me envies the Disc Priests that are in guilds where they can use such a large amount of Atonement that they aren't mashing PoM as soon as it comes off cooldown - must be good players they are raiding with to allow them to kick back and fire off a pseudo-DPS rotation.

Situations like this are probably the reason for the change to Atonement in 5.3 (with potentially little regard for guilds where that 20% healing can have a much larger impact).

Comparing 200 intellect and spirit against the PoM healing increase is probably dependent upon the fight. You could always switch between the gear pieces as needed.
    Last edited by mmoc695f354894; 2013-04-16 at 05:50 PM.

I like PoM. It does a good amount of heal in certain fight.
    Invasmanì - 13/13 25 Men

Why would you smash PoM when it comes of CD if it is still in the process of bouncing around? There should be a bit more thinking involved or it is just as bad as 'spamming smite' from a game play view point.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Why would you smash PoM when it comes of CD if it is still in the process of bouncing around? There should be a bit more thinking involved or it is just as bad as 'spamming smite' from a game play view point.
    That's where an addon like PoM Tracker comes in.

PoM is seriously underused by a lot of discs, even without the 2pc. It's better for Holy because of DI but it's still great for disc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Deleted
    2pc is very nice imo, For any fight where raw aoe output is required, i would definatly swap in 2-set. If you are progressing mageara i can recomend using it there, for rampages. It's very strong on durumu and Iron Qon as well =)

PoM is a very very nice heal for Disc but only when the entire raid is taking damage. there are times in every single encounter that you SHOULD be using PoM as it is one of our most power heals when it is allowed to jump 5 times

Deleted
    Checked through my own logs, the fights where i get most out of pom is mageara, iron qon, council and durumu, if you have 2pc available, i would definatly use it for those fights. On encounters with dmg modifiers, such as tortos/ji-kun/jin'rohk and horridon, old 4pc is holding up way better if the ilvl difference aint too big. =)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really haven't checked all the posts, but like Gottan states, if your iLevel difference is not that great in both pieces (=< 26 iLevels), stick with T14 4-piece for +dmg fights, and the rest go with T15 2-piece. On the other hand, if you happen to have a bigger differential in iLevels (for example, you have 4-piece T14, but you're using 2 RF T14 pieces with 483 iLevel in those slots, and have T15 iLevel 522 items for those slots), then use the 2 T15 pieces instead, independent of fight type.

On another, albeit similar, topic regarding PoM; can anyone tell me if there's any practical difference of using the PoM Glyph or not when you have T15 2-piece bonus?
    "Shit Happens" - Well, imagine if a pegasus had the bowel-control ability of a pigeon, there'd be a lot of cases saying the following: "Cause of Death: Killed by a giant flying piece of shit...."

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetiman View Post
    I really haven't checked all the posts, but like Gottan states, if your iLevel difference is not that great in both pieces (=< 26 iLevels), stick with T14 4-piece for +dmg fights, and the rest go with T15 2-piece. On the other hand, if you happen to have a bigger differential in iLevels (for example, you have 4-piece T14, but you're using 2 RF T14 pieces with 483 iLevel in those slots, and have T15 iLevel 522 items for those slots), then use the 2 T15 pieces instead, independent of fight type.

On another, albeit similar, topic regarding PoM; can anyone tell me if there's any practical difference of using the PoM Glyph or not when you have T15 2-piece bonus?
    PoM glyph is an even bigger loss with 2p t15.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
    This exactly. You lose a bounce with the glyph, which does way more healing than the bonus 60% on initial.

Quote Originally Posted by Yetiman View Post
    The 2pc doesn't scale off of the bonus initial heal from the glyph so it actually makes the 2pc less valuable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
    To napkin math it for ya (% of the initial bounce):
    Without the 2p:
    Unglyphed: 100%+100%+100%+100%+100%+100%= 600%
    Glyphed: 160%+100%+100%+100%+100%=560%
    End result: 60% of a PoM bounce in healing loss , total heal is reduced by 10%.

With the 2p:
    Unglyphed~: 100%+110%+121%+133%+146%+161%=771%
    Glyphed~: 160%+110%+121%+133%+146%=670%
    End result: 101% of a PoM bounce in healing loss, total healing is reduced by ~13%.

Regarding the matter of PoM and it's value as disc, it's a damn good spell (at least now that PoH is nerfed:P) and worth using anytime (assuming that you don't have a PoM with charges left in the raid already) there's enough raidwide damage to ensure that you get all the bounces used before the timer expires (close to every fight in tot).
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-04-17 at 11:41 PM.

I did some testing last night in progression with the 2pc and it seems like it's pretty good for disc.

I don't recall seeing Prayer of Mending do that much healing in a while, it was extremely useful on Iron Qon's final burn phase, but PoM doing 13% of my healing is not the usual, so i was quite happy to see it do that much. For curious people here is the log.

In average, it's 10k more healing done by every jump of POM, so, not too bad. Guess it's going to be fight pet fight basis, but Iron Qon has a lot of AOE damage so it's very useful there with very few overhealing.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch