Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    if it helps ya ive been running dual spec aff/destro gemming int and int/haste( shooting for the 6600 haste cap) gems mostly. my ilvl is 511 got woosh but not breath. 10/12 normal exp. use the following specs.

jin rokh- destro
    horridon- aff
    council-aff
    tortos destro
    megaera- destro
    ji kun- destro
    durumu- destro
    prim- afflction
    dark animus- destro
    iron qon- both pull the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvanis View Post
    In response to people saying Lei Shen trinket is overated, it sims aproximately 5k higher than any other combination of trinkets available. Wush trinket is not as good as some might thing due to the fact that you can apply dots with hydra at 7.3k sp as it procs and once again as it is about to fade while Wush will gain double the benefit on the last 2 seconds where you would reapply dots. This effectively makes them even in terms of DPS for single target. For demo however, Wush would come out stronger due to Doom having such a long duration. Optimally you would want to go for Unerring Vision + Hydra/Wush trinket. Whichever you are most comfortable with using, keeping in mind that N Lei Shen is a stronger option than either H Wush or H Hydra assuming you use it correctly.
    Sure, at the opener you will apply dots at the beginning. With wush you gain like 1-2 stacks when you refresh with it first time and you get full benefit from hydra. But then 16-18secs later you will refresh again with full benefit of all your procs. But what about lei-shen. You can only refresh it once in the opener when it procs. And also you get 7.5% more crit from 15000 int, and with all other int buffs you are close to 30% crit chance even if you have ~2000 crit rating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiteran View Post
    if it helps ya ive been running dual spec aff/destro gemming int and int/haste( shooting for the 6600 haste cap) gems mostly. my ilvl is 511 got woosh but not breath. 10/12 normal exp. use the following specs.

jin rokh- destro
    horridon- aff
    council-aff
    tortos destro
    megaera- destro
    ji kun- destro
    durumu- destro
    prim- afflction
    dark animus- destro
    iron qon- both pull the same.
    I do:
    Jin'Rokh hc - Affli
    Horridon hc - Destruction or Affli
    Council hc - Affli (Demo is better though, with Unerring..)
    Tortos hc - Affli (the slow is more or less mandatory)
    Megaera hc - Destro
    Ji'kun hc - Any spec
    Durumu hc - Destro
    Primordius hc - Affli
    Dark Animus - Any spec, afking for most of it anyway <.<
    Iron Qon - Affliction
    Twin Consorts hc - Affliction
    Lei Shen - Any spec

As Destruction I stack mastery, entirely. As Affliction I get the 9778 bp and put the rest into mastery for the time being. I do intend to get the 13737 bp soonish.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    I do:
    Jin'Rokh hc - Affli
    Horridon hc - Destruction or Affli
    Council hc - Affli (Demo is better though, with Unerring..)
    Tortos hc - Affli (the slow is more or less mandatory)
    Megaera hc - Destro
    Ji'kun hc - Any spec
    Durumu hc - Destro
    Primordius hc - Affli
    Dark Animus - Any spec, afking for most of it anyway <.<
    Iron Qon - Affliction
    Lei Shen - Any spec

As Destruction I stack mastery, entirely. As Affliction I get the 9778 bp and put the rest into mastery for the time being. I do intend to get the 13737 bp soonish.
    Hey Filth, are you using Sac on all of your Destro fights or switching between Sac/Sup?
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Slightly off topic, but since we're talking about trinkets here anyways...

I'm currently running Relic of Yu'Lon (484) and Volatile Talisman. While they're not anywhere near BiS or provide procs as nice as Wushu's or Breath, I'm slightly concerned that dropping 2500 intelligence for 1218 hit and 1218 haste (I'm not getting the normal versions anytime soon). is going to be a net loss in DPS. Thoughts?

schmearcampain,

Silly person. why bother with a little unimportant thing like stats when the real important number is the ilvl!!

Seriously tho, its not the flat number you need to look at but the proc rate of the effect. Thats where the meat comes in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Hey Filth, are you using Sac on all of your Destro fights or switching between Sac/Sup?
    I always sac as destro. I don't play it for fights where there isn't an abundance of ember generation.

Deleted
    Lol Demo most interactive spec You on drugz Demo you do F--all its all pets + as for affliction thats just ZzzZZzzzz watching the purple beam

Quote Originally Posted by zaranosa View Post
    Lol Demo most interactive spec You on drugz Demo you do F--all its all pets + as for affliction thats just ZzzZZzzzz watching the purple beam

At higher skill levels, and with the UVLS, demo is without question the most interactive lock spec.

Min.Max changes this.
    Download affdots and see for yourself. Not only watching purple beam if you want to "push hard"

Deleted
    In other words you spam incinerates and cast the occasional Chaos Bolt... Or is destruction ezfacerollautopilot for you too? Imho destruction is the easiest spec in a single target scenario.

Deleted
    For ToT the best combination is probably Destruction/Demonology although Affliction is perfectly fine, play whatever spec you like you won't gimp your raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say once you're in full BiS gear and you have the new meta gem.

On a side note, Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen is stupidly OP for rolling dooms on multi target fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably mainly going to depend on which trinkets you get as drops from ToT.
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jin'Rokh hc - Affliction
    Horridon hc - Affliction
    Council hc - Affliction
    Tortos hc - Affliction
    Megaera hc - Demonology
    Ji'kun hc - Demonology
    Durumu hc - Demonology
    Primordius hc - Destruction
    Dark Animus hc - Affliction
    Iron Qon hc - Demonology
    Lei Shen - Demonology

Once you get your Meta and a good trinket combination Affliction becomes a lot more powerful

Deleted
    Hmm how do you guys justiy using affliction for horridon hc? Theres 50k dps difference on raidbots in favour of destro.
    Rof up all the time= always full embers for the main target, and sooooooo many soulburns havoced on the boss with a macro

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 11:03 AM ----------

Same with tortos hc.... Although we have like 7melees on bats, so range never appear on recount anyways ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    Hmm how do you guys justiy using affliction for horridon hc? Theres 50k dps difference on raidbots in favour of destro.
    Rof up all the time= always full embers for the main target, and sooooooo many soulburns havoced on the boss with a macro

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 11:03 AM ----------

Same with tortos hc.... Although we have like 7melees on bats, so range never appear on recount anyways ^^
    Because they don't know what they're doing. Destro or Demo is far superior for Horridon.
    Tortos you go Aff for the slow. If you already have another Aff lock in the group Destro or Demo is best for meters.

Jin'Rokh hc - (Single Target)
    Horridon hc - Destro/Demo
    Council hc - Affliction
    Tortos hc - Affliction (Destro/Demo if you have another aff lock)
    Megaera hc - (Single Target)
    Ji'kun hc - Affliction/your preference if you are staying up top, Destro/Demo otherwise
    Durumu hc - (Single Target)
    Primordius hc - Destruction
    Dark Animus hc - Affliction (Though it doesnt matter that much)
    Iron Qon hc - (Single Target)
    Lei Shen - Destro/Demo

Personally I like destro better as I dont like playing demo, its all preference. Technically on fights like Horridon, destro can be much better if you play perfectly, but usually its hard to get every shadowburn off when targets die too quickly. For all the single target fights it highly depends on gear/your play style. They are all viable.

Deleted
    Whenever you play affliction better than destro, is when affliction pulls ahead.

As is any spec if you play it like garbage, I mean check hunters, you just set your pet on it and auto attack!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Whenever you play affliction better than destro, is when affliction pulls ahead.

As is any spec if you play it like garbage, I mean check hunters, you just set your pet on it and auto attack!
    that isnt really true nagassh, as you cant really do more dps than their maximum potential dps, now if the specs were perfectly tuned for dps and did equal potential dps then you would be correct, but that isnt the case.