Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #81
    Bloodsail Admiral KunkkaTheAdmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Seventyseven sea's.
    Posts
    1,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    Ogri'la residents used crystals to achieve enlightenment without being infused by them.
    Why not the already existing Ethereals then? K'aresh is a desert planet and could have architecture like this or this, for it's diversity WoW is lacking in middle-eastern inspired races. I'd rather see traditional High Elves and Ogres to their respective factions with Ethereal a neutral race like Pandaren.
    If you don't like the neutral faction thing why not Ethereals for Alliance and Ogres for Horde ? My point is simply that High Elves are Elves, like Night Elves and Blood Elves.

    Yes yes yes I know that they are not they same, still the majority of WoW players is not exactly known for knowing the lore like others do. For many the High Elves are just another Elven race. 3 are too much.

    If I would create a thread with "Bring us Mag'har Orcs and Fel Orcs as playable race" people would go ape shit because they are the same.

    Actually they are exactly the same as the Elves.
    "Why do we fight? To protect home and family, to preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind the true question is, what is worth fighting for?"

  2. #82
    Stood in the Fire RyokuchaMidori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    382
    I think this idea is great, you definitely put a lot of thougts into that.

    One reason why though I don't think adding extra races is good for the game, is simply because the available races needs some development (worgen, gnome etc), in terms of lore and model. We already have a lot of races.
    "Skill, as the world of warcraft goes, is only in question between equals in pvp power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

    Thucydides : " The Melian dialogue".

  3. #83
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tempest Keep
    Posts
    2,807
    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    If I would create a thread with "Bring us Mag'har Orcs and Fel Orcs as playable race" people would go ape shit because they are the same.

    Actually they are exactly the same as the Elves.
    But the thing is neither of those are actively championing the other faction historically or currently and have been all but forgotten since BC.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Nah that silly. Blood elves have solid lore, are significant to plot, and have big playerbase. High elves are pretty much pointless plot hole, no lore, and they role is basically chaindogs of humans. Also there is between like 5-10 people who care about them. So exterminatus on high elves is best idea.
    So your extremist bullshit itself is valid but not mine? Well ... no wonder, your hatred of the High Elves is sickly: the apology for the extermination of a race is not good ...

    For your information, the High Elves have plenty of lore and potential for the future, their ancestral traditions dating back thousands of years ago, while your blood elves only have five years of existence as a race.

    This dependence you say that high elves have regarding humans is only partly true, and not is something to be ashamed of.
    In fact this "dependence " is because their own race (your beloved Blood Elves) drove them out of their homes for not thinking like them. The authentic Quel'dorei were exiled from their own people! ... Luckily, in the Alliance we are all like brothers and we do not hesitate to help each other, not like the Horde, where you can not say the same...

    Finally I regret to inform that we are not only 5 or 10 people, we are many (a majority actually) who want the High Elves in the Alliance, but that is nothing new, as is something we have been waiting for since the beginning of WoW many years ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    So what would you like to see more, Ethereals and Ogres or High Elves and Ogres ?

    Ethereals are shrouded in mystery scattered across the universe, something completely new. And High Elves... are High Elves, besides the fact we have 2 Elven races already playable.

    I would like to see Ethereals before High Elves everyday.
    I think they are two different things that should not be mixed. On the one hand we have possible new and innovative races with all their lore to be developed (like ethereals) and on the other hand we have races we all know, which are not yet playable but by being so iconic to their respective factions they arouse much interest (ogres and high elves).

    The ogres and the high elves are two historic races of the Horde and Alliance respectively, which are missing in WoW. We could say that neither the Horde nor the Alliance would be complete without the ogres and the high elves: they are required!

    Before other new races are inserted, I would prefer to make the ogres and high elves playable first, and the next expansion is the right time.

    Blizzard owes us Ogres and High Elves! Too many years have waited longer to play with these races in WoW.
    In honor of Warcraft 2!


  5. #85
    Bloodsail Admiral KunkkaTheAdmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Seventyseven sea's.
    Posts
    1,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    So your extremist bullshit itself is valid but not mine? Well ... no wonder, your hatred of the High Elves is sickly: the apology for the extermination of a race is not good ...

    For your information, the High Elves have plenty of lore and potential for the future, their ancestral traditions dating back thousands of years ago, while your blood elves only have five years of existence as a race.

    This dependence you say that high elves have regarding humans is only partly true, and not is something to be ashamed of.
    In fact this "dependence " is because their own race (your beloved Blood Elves) drove them out of their homes for not thinking like them. The authentic Quel'dorei were exiled from their own people! ... Luckily, in the Alliance we are all like brothers and we do not hesitate to help each other, not like the Horde, where you can not say the same...

    Finally I regret to inform that we are not only 5 or 10 people, we are many (a majority actually) who want the High Elves in the Alliance, but that is nothing new, as is something we have been waiting for since the beginning of WoW many years ago.



    I think they are two different things that should not be mixed. On the one hand we have possible new and innovative races with all their lore to be developed (like ethereals) and on the other hand we have races we all know, which are not yet playable but by being so iconic to their respective factions they arouse much interest (ogres and high elves).

    The ogres and the high elves are two historic races of the Horde and Alliance respectively, which are missing in WoW. We could say that neither the Horde nor the Alliance would be complete without the ogres and the high elves: they are required!

    Before other new races are inserted, I would prefer to make the ogres and high elves playable first, and the next expansion is the right time.

    Blizzard owes us Ogres and High Elves! Too many years have waited longer to play with these races in WoW.
    In honor of Warcraft 2!
    First off, Blizzard does not owe you, me and everyone else shit, not even the slightest bit.

    Secondly, I dont see Ogres and High Elves that iconic, sure they appeared in WC2 but they are simply said not Orcs, nor Humans. The Most Iconic races of this franchise.

    I see them implementing Ogres, I don't see them implementing High Elves, they are just too much the same like Blood and Night Elves.
    If they are introduced, cool that, I won't play them anyways. I just think other races might fit better into the future theme of WoW.

    Edit: I just noticed your link to another thread / poll, looks pretty event with 49,5% and 50,5%.
    Besides that MMO champion is not the entire community, not even close to that.
    "Why do we fight? To protect home and family, to preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind the true question is, what is worth fighting for?"

  6. #86
    Stood in the Fire RyokuchaMidori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    First off, Blizzard does not owe you, me and everyone else shit, not even the slightest bit.

    Secondly, I dont see Ogres and High Elves that iconic, sure they appeared in WC2 but they are simply said not Orcs, nor Humans. The Most Iconic races of this franchise.

    I see them implementing Ogres, I don't see them implementing High Elves, they are just too much the same like Blood and Night Elves.
    If they are introduced, cool that, I won't play them anyways. I just think other races might fit better into the future theme of WoW.

    Edit: I just noticed your link to another thread / poll, looks pretty event with 49,5% and 50,5%.
    Besides that MMO champion is not the entire community, not even close to that.
    WII is so far back in the future I don't even remember it (yes i have played it while i was young), yes indeed Blizz does not owe us anything in particular except new content, which may or may not includes Ogres and High Elves.

    On topic, as I have said before I really like the idea designed by the OP.
    "Skill, as the world of warcraft goes, is only in question between equals in pvp power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

    Thucydides : " The Melian dialogue".

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    First off, Blizzard does not owe you, me and everyone else shit, not even the slightest bit.
    Obviously I know that Blizzard gives a shit about their customers, in fact is not a company that is characterized by his public affability.

    The only thing I'm saying is that if they had a minimum of respect for people who pay their salaries, they should, perhaps, hear from time to time what their customers want, not ignore them.

    Since my money goes to those people, I demand a minimum of professionalism to them, nothing more. I think it is fair, as by the end of the day thanks to our money they are getting rich.

    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    Secondly, I dont see Ogres and High Elves that iconic, sure they appeared in WC2 but they are simply said not Orcs, nor Humans. The Most Iconic races of this franchise.
    Regardless of what people think, in the Warcraft universe, objectively, the Ogres and the High Elves are two iconic races for both the Horde and the Alliance respectively, as are also the trolls or the dwarves for each one of the factions.

    Maybe are not protagonists races, but they are necessary to explain the history of the Horde and the Alliance, they can not be obviated. This is nothing new and everyone knows it: is completely assumed.

    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    I see them implementing Ogres, I don't see them implementing High Elves, they are just too much the same like Blood and Night Elves.
    Ogres and High Elves go together, if one of them becomes playable the other also should be. Why? Simply because both are the latest historical races remaining to be introduced in both factions.

    We agree that at the time of introducing the High Elves as a race, there is the problem of the Blood Elves, however there are many solutions to alleviate this problem and one of them can be the one explained in this thread (although it can be very twisty).

    Let Blizzard do their job. Maybe their idea to introduce the High Elves in the Alliance surprise us ... There are thousands of possibilities.

    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    If they are introduced, cool that, I won't play them anyways. I just think other races might fit better into the future theme of WoW.
    Sure, there is room in WoW to new races, even races completely innovative. But of course, first things first: to complete the basic cores of both the Horde and the Alliance are lacking the Ogres and the High Elves.

    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    Edit: I just noticed your link to another thread / poll, looks pretty event with 49,5% and 50,5%.
    Besides that MMO champion is not the entire community, not even close to that.
    Although this poll is not entirely representative, it does show us something: there is a significant amount of people who want the High Elves in the Alliance, that is undeniable.

    Maybe is not something exacted grandiloquently, but we can not circumvent it: Blizzard must listen, they must yield to our petitions, because what we ask is not something unreasonable, simply is the right thing.


  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    The problem is that by "otherizing" them, they are going to end up with the same out of focus treatment that draenei have.

    blood elves and goblins are the most successful races in terms of lore entanglement, because they already have long presences in the world. On the other end of the spectrum, we have Worgen and Draenei, to races with little agency in world affairs, completely subsidiary to Stormwind.
    And what's the difference between blood elves/goblins, and Worgen/Draenei?

    Yep.

  9. #89
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tempest Keep
    Posts
    2,807
    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    If they are introduced, cool that, I won't play them anyways. I just think other races might fit better into the future theme of WoW.
    That's okay, I don't play every race as is. They try to have a variety to satisfy different people. Are none of the current races doing it for you?

  10. #90
    Legendary! Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Beautiful city of Duwang
    Posts
    6,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    And what's the difference between blood elves/goblins, and Worgen/Draenei?

    Yep.
    Well there is big diffrence. Both blood elves and goblin brought to horde something it was missing. Blood elves brought mastery over arcane, Goblins technology. You can see these races fullfilling they roles. You need master of magic who also can handle ancient artifact ? call blood elf. You can see them doing that in azshara in numerous reliquary digsites, and even in 5.1 questline. Its not only obvious that they are best suited but also that without them horde couldnt succed there. Same with goblins, whenever horde needs technological call green midgets. Need someone who can handle explosives ? Gob squad are your guys (and girls). You simply interact with these races all the time. On the other side draenei and worgen exist as little more then set of new skins for alliance players. What exactly draenei did for alliance ? They have powerful paladins and priest ? thats great but so do human/dwarf/night elves. Last time we saw draenei doing anything was... erm i dunno alliance starting city in northrend when they unmasked cultist ? That all i guess. Same with worgen, they story cuts at level 25 HORDE experience and thats all. They bring nothing to alliance other then being immune to forsaken plague (wchich doesnt even make any sense). Worgen bring really nothing to alliance, i mean when was the last time you said "its good we have worgen, without them we would be screwed" ? Oh yes, never. Same goes for tushui huojin pandaren, who basically vanish after joining alliance/horde, and have no other role then calling people for kotmongu Call to arms. Blizz really need to make better job, assimilating these races to they factions.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Obviously I know that Blizzard gives a shit about their customers, in fact is not a company that is characterized by his public affability.

    The only thing I'm saying is that if they had a minimum of respect for people who pay their salaries, they should, perhaps, hear from time to time what their customers want, not ignore them.

    Since my money goes to those people, I demand a minimum of professionalism to them, nothing more. I think it is fair, as by the end of the day thanks to our money they are getting rich.
    They still don't owe you anything. You also have no right to make any demands of them beyond what is in your subscription contract, either. You can of course ask, but they can answer "no".

    Maybe is not something exacted grandiloquently, but we can not circumvent it: Blizzard must listen, they must yield to our petitions, because what we ask is not something unreasonable, simply is the right thing.
    No, they don't. In fact, they can simply continue to ignore you. The number of people that would quit over this "issue" is trivial.

  12. #92
    Legendary! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,603
    Lets be real though, High Elves and Ogres, by right, should already be playable races in WoW. Only problem is they would take development time away from 2 new races.
    Which the playerbase would not be willing to sacrifice for the sake of having much needed additions.

    If Blizzard had enough time inbetween xpacs I know these races would be implemented, but because they werent in from the start, the chances of them getting in now, is very slim.

    Its a shame but you can never truly forward this games story due to constant bitching from both factions. I personally dont care what happens to my faction, provided it follows the story. If I get a race thats "not as cool" as the other faction, so what. Its not the end of the world.

    Edit: Infact I couldnt even make it past the starter zones for Goblin/Worgen and Pandas.

  13. #93
    Elemental Lord Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Russia
    Posts
    8,773
    Not flamboyant enough. Crystal ethereal pink neon angel wing elves and a fabled crystal harvest devastator of Izubra class would've been just fine, that would appeal to a large audience and fit into the world perfectly.
    "A NAME IS A CLOAK OF LETTERS THROWN UPON A MAN. IT MEANS NOTHING." - Transcendent One, Planescape: Torment.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    So your extremist bullshit itself is valid but not mine? Well ... no wonder, your hatred of the High Elves is sickly: the apology for the extermination of a race is not good ...

    For your information, the High Elves have plenty of lore and potential for the future, their ancestral traditions dating back thousands of years ago, while your blood elves only have five years of existence as a race.
    They're the same race. It's much the same way as countries changing their name, or having a new political party in charge. They don't suddenly lose their traditions.

    Luckily, in the Alliance we are all like brothers and we do not hesitate to help each other
    Unless there's a race you don' t like (High Elves) and decide to send them on multiple suicide missions, eventually just deciding to flat out execute them when they won't die.


    Finally I regret to inform that we are not only 5 or 10 people, we are many (a majority actually) who want the High Elves in the Alliance, but that is nothing new, as is something we have been waiting for since the beginning of WoW many years ago.
    That's A) a tiny sample size
    B) Only 3 people from a tie. That's no evidence at all.

    I think they are two different things that should not be mixed. On the one hand we have possible new and innovative races with all their lore to be developed (like ethereals) and on the other hand we have races we all know, which are not yet playable but by being so iconic to their respective factions they arouse much interest (ogres and high elves).
    The irony, that's what they did with their first expac, and both races are easily one of the most popular on each faction.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Lets be real though, High Elves and Ogres, by right, should already be playable races in WoW. Only problem is they would take development time away from 2 new races.
    Yeah, I agree. Not sure they'd take time away from developing new player races to make new player races.

    What.

    If Blizzard had enough time inbetween xpacs I know these races would be implemented, but because they werent in from the start, the chances of them getting in now, is very slim..
    Like Blood Elves and Goblins, no?

  15. #95
    Over 9000! Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    9,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    While it is true that there is a majority of people who want the High Elves as a playable race for the Alliance, you also have to keep in mind that there is a certain amount of people who do not want to hear about the High Elves, either because they are members of the Horde and consider it an attack upon the originality of their blood elves or because they simply hate the elves as a race.

    But we do know what happened to all those people that said that Pandaren would never be playable because they were a joke race, and what will happen when the Naga are playable ...
    What's wrong with naga?

    Also, that's why I thought of etheral elves, then it doesn't attack on anyone's originality. Plus, to be honest, I complained about pandaren too, but not because they were pandaren, but because of how they were made, some stupid jokes made into their culture and too much copy-paste of real life stereotypical asian culture (as in how asian culture is seen in the west).

    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    To add to the argument about Ogre Inteilligence, Draz'Zilb of the Stonemaul Ogres is very inteilligent.
    True, but he's still too big.

    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    So what would you like to see more, Ethereals and Ogres or High Elves and Ogres ?

    Ethereals are shrouded in mystery scattered across the universe, something completely new. And High Elves... are High Elves, besides the fact we have 2 Elven races already playable.

    I would like to see Ethereals before High Elves everyday.

    But the Crystal Ogre Idea ? Damn I like, that would actually be something I would consider playing.
    Thanks for liking the crystal ogres.

    That said, I was thinking to bring some older races with a new touch, that's why I think high elves could still fit in as ethereal elves. My view of course.

    Quote Originally Posted by RyokuchaMidori View Post
    I think this idea is great, you definitely put a lot of thoughts into that.

    One reason why though I don't think adding extra races is good for the game, is simply because the available races needs some development (worgen, gnome etc), in terms of lore and model. We already have a lot of races.
    Thanks and true, you're right there, I can't argue with that. The only problem is that high elves at least already get lore at the expense of other Alliance races without even being one. That's what I dislike to be honest. There's several playable races that don't get any lore.

    However, by merging 2 races that people want, you'd ensure that in the future Blizzard wouldn't need to introduce 2 separate races, ethereals and high elves also, meaning they could easily focus on one rather then two.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Well there is big diffrence. Both blood elves and goblin brought to horde something it was missing. Blood elves brought mastery over arcane, Goblins technology. You can see these races fullfilling they roles. You need master of magic who also can handle ancient artifact ? call blood elf. You can see them doing that in azshara in numerous reliquary digsites, and even in 5.1 questline. Its not only obvious that they are best suited but also that without them horde couldnt succed there. Same with goblins, whenever horde needs technological call green midgets. Need someone who can handle explosives ? Gob squad are your guys (and girls). You simply interact with these races all the time. On the other side draenei and worgen exist as little more then set of new skins for alliance players. What exactly draenei did for alliance ? They have powerful paladins and priest ? thats great but so do human/dwarf/night elves. Last time we saw draenei doing anything was... erm i dunno alliance starting city in northrend when they unmasked cultist ? That all i guess. Same with worgen, they story cuts at level 25 HORDE experience and thats all. They bring nothing to alliance other then being immune to forsaken plague (wchich doesnt even make any sense). Worgen bring really nothing to alliance, i mean when was the last time you said "its good we have worgen, without them we would be screwed" ? Oh yes, never. Same goes for tushui huojin pandaren, who basically vanish after joining alliance/horde, and have no other role then calling people for kotmongu Call to arms. Blizz really need to make better job, assimilating these races to they factions.
    Wrong. Though draenei, I admit, don't seem to bring that much to the Alliance, worgen should have. They should have brought a ferocious race to the Alliance. But that's the issue, they "should have" yet they don't, because much of their ferocity was ignored and half of their story is unavailable from the faction they're on. That's a problem Blizzard created, but worgen as a whole were something needed on the Alliance.

    Similarly, the Alliance needs one more thing that the Horde has, which is a devious race that first worries about themselves, like the Horde has the forsaken. We don't have such a race. Naga or etheral elves (I explained somewhere why) would fit the bill perfectly (if they don't screw them up like worgen).

  16. #96
    Legendary! Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Beautiful city of Duwang
    Posts
    6,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    What's wrong with naga?

    Also, that's why I thought of etheral elves, then it doesn't attack on anyone's originality. Plus, to be honest, I complained about pandaren too, but not because they were pandaren, but because of how they were made, some stupid jokes made into their culture and too much copy-paste of real life stereotypical asian culture (as in how asian culture is seen in the west).


    True, but he's still too big.


    Thanks for liking the crystal ogres.

    That said, I was thinking to bring some older races with a new touch, that's why I think high elves could still fit in as ethereal elves. My view of course.


    Thanks and true, you're right there, I can't argue with that. The only problem is that high elves at least already get lore at the expense of other Alliance races without even being one. That's what I dislike to be honest. There's several playable races that don't get any lore.

    However, by merging 2 races that people want, you'd ensure that in the future Blizzard wouldn't need to introduce 2 separate races, ethereals and high elves also, meaning they could easily focus on one rather then two.


    Wrong. Though draenei, I admit, don't seem to bring that much to the Alliance, worgen should have. They should have brought a ferocious race to the Alliance. But that's the issue, they "should have" yet they don't, because much of their ferocity was ignored and half of their story is unavailable from the faction they're on. That's a problem Blizzard created, but worgen as a whole were something needed on the Alliance.

    Similarly, the Alliance needs one more thing that the Horde has, which is a devious race that first worries about themselves, like the Horde has the forsaken. We don't have such a race. Naga or etheral elves (I explained somewhere why) would fit the bill perfectly (if they don't screw them up like worgen).
    Worgen are ferocious ? What ? Have you seen female worgen face during that quest where you are captured and before you take potion ? Its so AWWWWWWW that i almost wanted to pet her. Also they are kinda derpy wchich ruins immersion of them posing any threat (unless you wake up in a morning with one of them sleeping next to you - this may in fact result in pernament brain damage). + Lets face it alliance have no use for ferocity due to tactics they implement. Worgen aren't really in high numbers and if they start pretending to be unstoppable berserkers they will be pummeled by random orc/tauren faster than they say "genn graymane suck".

  17. #97
    Over 9000! Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    9,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Worgen are ferocious ? What ? Have you seen female worgen face during that quest where you are captured and before you take potion ? Its so AWWWWWWW that i almost wanted to pet her. Also they are kinda derpy wchich ruins immersion of them posing any threat (unless you wake up in a morning with one of them sleeping next to you - this may in fact result in pernament brain damage). + Lets face it alliance have no use for ferocity due to tactics they implement. Worgen aren't really in high numbers and if they start pretending to be unstoppable berserkers they will be pummeled by random orc/tauren faster than they say "genn graymane suck".
    1. Orcs are savage yet honorable humanoids that stand strong in the face of others. In game male orcs are haunchbacks with some faces that make you wonder if they have brain damage.
    This is what worgen were supposed to be:

    that they didn't turn out like that model wise... that's another problem. But worgen were introduced as a ferocious race for the Alliance.

    2. How come? Ferocity isn't useful due to the tactics they implement? What? That doesn't make any sense. Ferocity is more then useful. And Alliance needed another race that isn't just honorable and sitting there and dwelving in battle with the same tactics as usual, they needed a race that is different, because if you make all races the same, and not talking only look wise now, but lorewise too, the faction becomes boring. Because it has X races that are all the same. Kind of like how the Alliance is now... because Blizzard did not focus on the differences between the races, showing why each race is unique, they just showed them all as the same, getting along great, all using the Light (even with the speculation that Elune is a naaru lately), all being honorable and goody... ok... then why would I chose dwarf over draenei for example besides looks? On the Horde side, if I want ferocious race, I can chose orc, if I want a more agile race I'll take blood elf, if I want a devious race, I'll take goblin... but on Alliance if I don't want a honorable race who do I chose? ummm... well... none. There needs to be more diversity in the Alliance, the Alliance may be united, but should be united in diversity, somewhat like the European Union, the night elves are scandinavians, living with their nature and thinking they're doing better then the rest, the worgen are the british, isolationist but being somewhat forced to stay due to circumstances, humans are the french, dwarves are germans, gnomes are the tech guys (lol) and pandaren are the belgians with their balance between the two nations and the balance between the states of the EU... That's the Alliance. United in diversity. That's what makes a faction attractive, uniqueness. But is the unique of each race focused on? no.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    They're the same race. It's much the same way as countries changing their name, or having a new political party in charge. They don't suddenly lose their traditions.
    What you say is possible in general terms, however this is not true in relation to the Blood Elves: they changed the name of their race, abolished all their ancient customs, changed their racial symbol, the colors of their cities, even their mounts! And most important of all: they turned their backs on their lifelong allies (humans and dwarves) to become allies of their most bitter enemies (orcs and trolls).

    If that is not radically change a civilization ... let God come and see it.

    The Quel'dorei are not Sin'dorei nor vice versa: it is a fact. You want another fact? In the Alliance we need the High Elves, no matter how.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Unless there's a race you don' t like (High Elves) and decide to send them on multiple suicide missions, eventually just deciding to flat out execute them when they won't die.
    I'm not making any comment to that, I'll just ignore it, as already has been explained too many times that this was only a particular case with no repercussions. Even so, it is still the favorite excuse of the Hordes and those who hate the high elves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    That's A) a tiny sample size
    B) Only 3 people from a tie. That's no evidence at all.
    You can choose to overlook the data, but the evidence is the evidence: the High Elves are the most requested, consensual and logic race for the Alliance, along with the Ogres for the Horde.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    What's wrong with naga?
    Nothing really, but you know how many problems and prejudices the people have about becoming them a playable race.

    If Blizzard acts reasonably, the Naga will be a playable race in the same way that the Ogres and High Elves should have been playable for a long time already.

    Remember: nothing is impossible for Blizzard.


  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    What's wrong with naga?
    You mean the Old God aligned race that neither Horde nor Alliance have any reason to be amicable towards them, not to mention significant issues when it comes to wearing armour (no legs, feet) and riding mounts?

    And Yet you think they'd fit better over Ogres because
    still too big.
    despite Moonkin form being the same hight and model of ogres, who are able to walk through any doorway (in fact on occasion, able to go through doors that female Tauren couldn't)

    Derp.

  20. #100
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vineland, Cumberland, NJ, USA
    Posts
    2,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbot View Post
    Frankly, I don't see the problem with ogres being ugly. I mean, they're ogres. If you're playing an ogre, it's because you want to be a lumbering brute, beating your chest and generally clobbering the heck out of anything in your path. I mean, that's what makes them so endearing in the first place.

    Bonus points if some skins include an extra head.
    I agree at least the Ogre Mages should have a second head. I for one am in favor of the Ogri'la Ogres joining the horde. There are also plenty of old horde remnant clans around Azeroth that would join the horde as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •